[resolved] Problems using hub w/ router - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-27-2006, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Ok. I own a Linksys WRT54G (in my brother's room), and a Linksys 5-port hub EFAH05W. The router firmware is 4.20.7.

I want to use a hub in my room to connect two computers to the hub, and connect the hub (uplinked) to the router (1 cable there). I've done it before on my old SMC Barricade (ancient), but that got fried a few months back so forget about it...now it doesn't work with my wrt54g (or my old linksys 802.11b router). BTW, this is all wired (11g for my sister on a laptop).

Now, it just doesn't work when I set it up (wrt54g -> hub uplink OR normal port -> computer). It DID give me an ip (169.254.74.216) that I've no idea where it got it from (not my internet ip, that's for sure). My regular dhcp ip that my router hands out is 192.168.1.110...so since the SMC worked and newer ones don't I suspect it's just something I need to disable.

Any idea what? I can't just pull another wire from the router to comp #2 because it goes through the ceiling and I don't have wires that long. I'd really appreciate any help...this is just over my head I guess...no idea. Rgr. Thanks in advance.

Overclocking in a nutshell: CyberDruid's BOOK | EvilXP's List of OCing Guides | DeathONator's Ultimate Overclocking Guide | The TOS
Quote:

In other words: Removed code is debugged code, and it certainly doesn't use any memory or CPU time; so even better if you don't write it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-27-2006, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 261
OMG no way! It works now.

All I did was enable Filter Internet NAT Redirection (Security -> Firewall) and it worked. Then I disable it and it *still* works...

Wow...patience actually paid off for once

Overclocking in a nutshell: CyberDruid's BOOK | EvilXP's List of OCing Guides | DeathONator's Ultimate Overclocking Guide | The TOS
Quote:

In other words: Removed code is debugged code, and it certainly doesn't use any memory or CPU time; so even better if you don't write it.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page