Forum Jump: 

post #5661 of 7586 Old 07-04-2016, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Yes non sli as with pascal owners on sli will not see fast sync in the NCP with sli
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5662 of 7586 Old 07-04-2016, 11:35 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 8
Quote:

Look under "How to flash a modified BIOS", use the NVFLASH located there thumb.gif
Sadly, this does not work for me.. however I only tried in SLI.. Let me try without SLI
Hello! Your English is good, no problems understanding. You just need to extract your BIOS and read it to determine which version it is. There are instructions in the first post of this thread under how to flash a modified BIOS. Let me know if you have any other questions biggrin.gif

thnx for the answer mate.
What is the diffrence between the f10 bios and the f1?
post #5663 of 7586 Old 07-04-2016, 12:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azazil1190 View Post

Quote:

Look under "How to flash a modified BIOS", use the NVFLASH located there thumb.gif
Sadly, this does not work for me.. however I only tried in SLI.. Let me try without SLI
Hello! Your English is good, no problems understanding. You just need to extract your BIOS and read it to determine which version it is. There are instructions in the first post of this thread under how to flash a modified BIOS. Let me know if you have any other questions biggrin.gif

thnx for the answer mate.
What is the diffrence between the f10 bios and the f1?

The Bios's , at least on Gigabyte Cards are grouped in blocks of 10 for different revisions of the Card

F1-F9
F10-F19
F20-F29
etc etc.

So a F1 and a F10 would be from different Revisions , which is why you need to use GPUz to extract the bios from the Card and Open it with Maxwell Editor 1.36 and look at the FXX at the top to determine the Revision Card you are using 1st , the DP and DD in the Bios name is also important as the cards have two bios's but use 1 depending on what connection you are using.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5664 of 7586 Old 07-04-2016, 01:59 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbird View Post

The Bios's , at least on Gigabyte Cards are grouped in blocks of 10 for different revisions of the Card

F1-F9
F10-F19
F20-F29
etc etc.

So a F1 and a F10 would be from different Revisions , which is why you need to use GPUz to extract the bios from the Card and Open it with Maxwell Editor 1.36 and look at the FXX at the top to determine the Revision Card you are using 1st , the DP and DD in the Bios name is also important as the cards have two bios's but use 1 depending on what connection you are using.

Really thnx mate appreciate for the help didnt know all those above.
post #5665 of 7586 Old 07-04-2016, 04:47 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by harney View Post

For anybody interested non pascal owners

re fast sync

Tom nvidia did mention it would be available for other gens too but where is it ??????
..but it seems nvidia are going to lock it to pascal within the driver and call it a pascal feature ....(Nvidia milking process # 3196)

However and i am about to try this u can run nvidia inspector with the latest nvidia drive select this

And will give you fast sync within NCP should come up as custom under vertical sync

so fast sync for other gens ...

Goto time 2.40

Worth a go at least
Thanks!
post #5666 of 7586 Old 07-04-2016, 08:55 PM

Liked: 3
hey guys I've been getting a b2 error on my motherboard after a recent reflash onto the 980ti bios(flashed it to stock when I lent it to a friend). It worked in the beginning and I started up overwatch for less than a min and screen blacked out and PC was buzzing, system crashed and this started happening.

It seems that b2 is a GPU bios error where the mobo cannot boot pass the 980ti (other GPUs are fine), I've tried as Laithan suggested on using a secondary card to flash the bios as well.

strangest part is that both mobo and windows is able to detect the gpu and allow me to flash the bios, but no matter which bios I try it just wouldn't boot with ONLY the 980ti attached.

So have i actually bricked this card? and I already have this flashed back to stock bios, it wouldn't boot either, is RMA-ing it possible/allowed in this case?
post #5667 of 7586 Old 07-04-2016, 10:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 38
Got my Gigabyte GTX 1070 WindForce OC today, already wanting a custom BIOS.
I can't really get over 2000mhz core in Firestrike and the best I can get in Firestrike is 19500 on graphics score while others are getting up to 22000...

There's something wrong with my card or the BIOS is gimped, there's never any visual anomalies or artifacts and the driver never crashes but Firestrike does.
Increasing the core voltage from 1.05 to 1.09 (+100) doesn't give the card anymore stability which I don't understand, and smashes it to the 111% power limit in Firestrike.
Constant VRel perfcap...

Unigine Valley isn't as demanding on the power and voltage limits so it can get a bit higher, but randomly restarts during the benchmark at higher clocks despite no visual issues.
There is no voltage drop or frequency spike prior to any of the benchmark crashes, they're quite random.

Maybe I'll have better luck in games but I doubt it. I've only found 1 other user of this exact card that has the same issue, though at higher clocks of around 2060mhz in Firestrike.
Sudden hard crash for no reason when everything is visually solid. Artifacting should be happening far before crashes so this doesn't make much sense to me.

Here's GPU-Z when the Valley restart happened midway through.

I've not touched the memory and only increased the core in increments of 10mhz. I got to 145mhz stock voltage and that was the first crash in Valley, raise the core voltage +100mv and it still happened, no added stability or overclocking headroom from the extra voltage.

Also apparently K-Boost is exclusive to EVGA cards this time around, they locked the feature despite it being available for everyone with Maxwell. So I can't lock my voltage and clocks to their maximum while testing to try to make it easier by stopping all the fluctuations.

Pretty disappointed. Seems like I'll be staying around 1950mhz...
Going to go hope it's magically more stable in games and hope you all figure out how to BIOS mod these super limited cards within the next few months.

Witcher 3 time tongue.gif
post #5668 of 7586 Old 07-05-2016, 12:09 AM

I am using Zotac GTX1070 AMP! Edition here, My card boost clock can reach 2088MHz without any visual artifacts on the screen.
In my observation of my 1070 and the other 1070 owners, also other OC reviews on the net, None of the 1070 can pass 2100MHz core boost-clock even without any visual artifacts present.
Whenever the boost clock of GTX1070 exceeds 2100MHz, Nvidia driver will crash immediately.
Increasing the core voltage also doesn't help, but just increasing the temp.
Therefore, I doubt Nvidia hard-coded in the bios and the graphic driver for limiting GTX1070 overclocking capability. I assume the reason is simply prevent it catching up GTX1080, not like its predecessor GTX970.
post #5669 of 7586 Old 07-05-2016, 12:22 AM

does anyone know if there is force flash command for gigabyte's vga @bios tool? I want to reflash the stock bios but it says failed "same version bios" i just want to reflash my original stock bios again. is this possible?
post #5670 of 7586 Old 07-05-2016, 12:45 AM

Liked: 6
Hi.
I had 1070G1 for 3 days then returned it. For anyone who wants info about it:
1. The gpu I had boosts to around 1936-1970 out the box on full load(boost is shaky on this thing. Pascal thing?)
2. Voltage around 1.065v full load
3 Power is always around 90% to 106% at load. When I was using it I missed my 980G1 which never sees 75% or more, in even max oc and stock BIOS
4. Temp 65c tops
5. 19388 Firestrike 1080p
6. Pascal overclock is pathetic. 2025 is max but vram overlooks 600-700 plus.(and does not translate into a noticeable better actual gaming perf)
7. Card looks cheap and plasticy compared to Gigabyte 980 and 980ti

Decided I did not like it, given the perf difference is not that big that warrants an "upgrade" from my 980G1

Just curious, any news on Pascal Bios modding?

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page