Ongoing Pascal latency problems - Hotfix doesn't work for everyone. - Page 101 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1001 of 1679 Old 08-02-2016, 01:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by harney View Post

on a 970 yes or 2 smile.gif

Well, maybe it's not ready for the 1070/1080's...lol

If you go to the original link....and scroll down, you can see all the cards that are supposed to be supported....they list the 1070/1080. I have no way to test that. So I'll have to take your word.

Here is where I found out about the driver. He's running a 1080.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1606006/3dmark-time-spy-benchmark-top-30/490#post_25400122

Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
Time Spy
Score 7847 1846/1451 Graphics 8166
Firestrike
Score 18255 1846/1451 Graphics 23727

Chimp Challenge Participant  30 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1002 of 1679 Old 08-02-2016, 01:18 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by harney View Post

Agree..^

@Yahar

Even some of my clients will not take a system anything above 50us .....but these are mainly DAW systems which can be doing 100 + tracks this can be internal audio /virtual instruments /external hardware ..where every clock cycle / polling / multiple drive speeds / ect ect is critical and these have to be built to accomadate this.

so this would be with specific motherboards / ram / GFX /SSD's HHD parts combined i have lists of parts what works well and not so well to get the best results across the board...
However this is an ever changing list as you have to keep up with new tech arriving but for DAW systems i usually use tech that as been in the wild for at least 6 months ...but with gaming peeps they want bleeding edge and want it here and right now hence the little pickle i am in as of now with these dreadful 10's

.You can get some great results with on board GFX or ATI err AMD cards the old matrox cards use to be great...its not just the card itself its mainly the driver that is a fault so called fine tuned

But its not only the parts that are used but the stripping the fat off the OS to make it lean this can take time getting it right

It only takes one part to slow everything down and when your working with 100's of tracks ect its critical to have extremely low latency most latency can be offloaded with ASIO or certain audio accelerator but the PC as a whole still as be as low a latency as you can achieve as it still deals with input output ect.

In audio work its critical as it only takes one track or external device to be out of sync to mess up the whole mix and producer /engineers /artist ect this is a no no a true creative killer as you do not want to be dealing with track sync issues when your trying to get a song down or just being creative..(however some great tracks songs have been made in error because of sync issues so even the ghost in the machine can be a bonus)

I have been there myself many times over the last 22 years and there is nothing worse than things screwing up in mid flight never mind things going to pot in a live environment ..

now as a gaming rig its not that important it still is but not as much ...this is where the problem lies allot of pro users will have say multiple machines one for DAW withno internet connected to these no network driver as these can be a real pain
video editing & gaming internet use and then one for admin use ect this is great if you have the dosh..

but a lot of peeps want a all in one box which is great but this is like a jack of all trades sort of pc and this is where the problem lies trying to get these things combined to run tip top across the board is very difficult...but its possible it just takes more time to tweak...so when you have a series of new cards the 10's where there your adding 100 200 spikes upto 500us+ even after the hot fix ......then this is a major problem to the entire system when its being used as a DAW system never mind anything else
I missed this post yesterday, but thanks for explaining. Building a system and trying to rule out every part (and driver) would probably drive me insane. Hopefully Nvidia ends up ironing the issue out... Though, why would you even use a graphics card on professional studio equipment? And why not just disable the card via device manager while doing any editing? I mean, do they need Witcher 3 fired up at the same time?
harney likes this.

post #1003 of 1679 Old 08-02-2016, 01:19 PM

Liked: 3
Okay, so the modified INF file worked. I have the driver installed but I'm going to go run 1 benchmark test to make sure it doesn't make my **** explode lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1004 of 1679 Old 08-02-2016, 01:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaesauce View Post

Okay, so the modified INF file worked. I have the driver installed but I'm going to go run 1 benchmark test to make sure it doesn't make my **** explode lol.

Good luck! thumb.gif

Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
Time Spy
Firestrike

post #1005 of 1679 Old 08-02-2016, 01:29 PM

Looks like that Modified INF worked!
post #1006 of 1679 Old 08-02-2016, 01:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Great.

I extracted the cab files, then created a zip file and uploaded it to Dropbox. If anyone wants to try it this way.

After unzipping, you should be able to run the setup from there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/exkndynogbmkfpa/369.05.zip?dl=0

Just hit the show me the file if you don't want to sign in.

Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
Time Spy
Firestrike

post #1007 of 1679 Old 08-02-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:

Looks like that Modified INF worked!

nv_dispwi.zip 21k .zip file

File for some reason is ZIP but it won't show as Zip. Just open with Zip/Rar and it'll open.

If you're getting that retarded "Your GPU is not compatible" BS. Go into the folder where the Contents of the Driver was extracted.

Where it says Display.Driver, go into there and place this file in there and rename "nv_dispi" and replace the original. And then run the "SETUP.EXE" and it should work. It'll eventually ask you if you want to install because it loses it certification, just hit yes and move on.
harney likes this.
post #1008 of 1679 Old 08-02-2016, 01:59 PM

post #1009 of 1679 Old 08-02-2016, 02:16 PM

Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eorzean View Post

I missed this post yesterday, but thanks for explaining. Building a system and trying to rule out every part (and driver) would probably drive me insane. Hopefully Nvidia ends up ironing the issue out... Though, why would you even use a graphics card on professional studio equipment? And why not just disable the card via device manager while doing any editing? I mean, do they need Witcher 3 fired up at the same time?

Then i must have gone beyond insane then smile.gif maybe i do need to be locked up .......Yes it can be frustrating but you have to look at it as more of a challenge

Like i said most peeps want the jack of all trades builds and you can just takes more time getting them right

For the pro's who tend to have the money to spend well they usually have different builds for each job....
Eorzean likes this.
post #1010 of 1679 Old 08-02-2016, 02:26 PM

Liked: 48
Quote:

nv_dispwi.zip 21k .zip file

File for some reason is ZIP but it won't show as Zip. Just open with Zip/Rar and it'll open.

If you're getting that retarded "Your GPU is not compatible" BS. Go into the folder where the Contents of the Driver was extracted.

Where it says Display.Driver, go into there and place this file in there and rename "nv_dispi" and replace the original. And then run the "SETUP.EXE" and it should work. It'll eventually ask you if you want to install because it loses it certification, just hit yes and move on.

Thx

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page