Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar71 View Post

Hi you guys.
I was looking around at cyber power PC.
I noticed that if I build 2 identical computers but on one I use a gtx680 and the other I use 2xgtx660s the price of the PC is actually 97$ less for the 2xgtx660s. Wow!
So my next question is: will 2 660s perform as well as a single 680?
Ps: these are all 2gb cards. And I plan on using only a single monitor.
Pss: will the asus p9x79 LE main board be ok for a 2 card setup? Or will i need a higher end main board?
Thanks.
Were overlooking the obvious thing here. Why use CyberPower if your trying to save money? Build your own and save more money. Ask for a comparable build, we can put something together with equal or better performance for less, and rig building is EASY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 10-18-2012, 03:12 PM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by B!0HaZard View Post

What started the discussion? Oh right, Abs.exe said that Creator had AMD and that we're talking about SLI, hereby implying that AMD has horrible stutter while NVIDIA doesn't have the problem.
But please, continue insulting me instead of discussing the topic at hand. I never said that you implied anything, you're taking a post out of context.

Let people waste their electricity if they want to be so ignorant as to believe microstutter isn't real. I had a friend who reported similar going from 460x2 to a 480 that same generation. It may not be as bad on the Nvidia side, but it's still there, because like you said, it's AFR that is causing it. Maybe Nvidia drivers are better at detecting it, and then purposely delay the release of frames, but then that would lower the overall "scaling", and it's still there.

People have said the 660x2 is 20% faster than a single 680. So in that case, just an example

660x2 : 50-30-50-30-50-30-50 (average 40fps)
680 : 34-32-34-32-34-32 (average 33fps)

The 680 will provide a smoother game-play experience. Because not only AFR, but the absolute minimums are also much worse on SLI/CF, and those are also a killer.
post #33 of 34 Old 10-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Programmer

Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by B!0HaZard View Post

What started the discussion? Oh right, Abs.exe said that Creator had AMD and that we're talking about SLI, hereby implying that AMD has horrible stutter while NVIDIA doesn't have the problem.
But please, continue insulting me instead of discussing the topic at hand. I never said that you implied anything, you're taking a post out of context.

Woah, never meant to reach this point here, I just stated that I didn't have any stutter with my SLI setup, I'm well aware of micro-stutters, heck look at my sig ...
I just meant that AMD and Nvidia has different way to optimize their drivers, and a few games may cause stutter while some other may be perfect.

Anyway, stay on topic guy's, for once I didn't meant to start anything XD

I'm sorry if I sounded rude, as a native french speaker, I sometimes have hard time to sound not-angry/non-provocative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 Old 10-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abs.exe View Post

Woah, never meant to reach this point here, I just stated that I didn't have any stutter with my SLI setup, I'm well aware of micro-stutters, heck look at my sig ...
I just meant that AMD and Nvidia has different way to optimize their drivers, and a few games may cause stutter while some other may be perfect.
Anyway, stay on topic guy's, for once I didn't meant to start anything XD
I'm sorry if I sounded rude, as a native french speaker, I sometimes have hard time to sound not-angry/non-provocative.

You didn't sound rude at all my friend. Don't worry.

UP TOWN GIRL, SHE'S BEING LIVING IN A SOMETHING ...SOMETHING.. SOMETHING.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page