Voltmod needed - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-02-2006, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter
3.5ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Sorry. This is a very n00bish question but would like to know which resistors to pencil for a volt mod on my Leadtek graphics card. Reading some of the threads on this site apparently it has some potential (especially since it is not DDR2). But i can only push it to 580\\1500 while my temperatures are only 36C on a load (While my cooling is all air my two silverstone fans are running at 5500 rpm creating a monstrous sound and monstrous cooling). So i reckon i should be able to get another 100 at least out of the ram and core.

ISP's watch your step, or we will vote with our wallets.

Quote:
Quote:

Fox news are just like alchemists; but instead of turning stuff into gold, they turn it into crap - KriLL3
Music is everyone's possession, only publisher's think they own it - John Lennon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-02-2006, 08:58 AM
alk
4.0ghz

Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemaker View Post
Sorry. This is a very n00bish question but would like to know which resistors to pencil for a volt mod on my Leadtek graphics card. Reading some of the threads on this site apparently it has some potential (especially since it is not DDR2). But i can only push it to 580\\1500 while my temperatures are only 36C on a load (While my cooling is all air my two silverstone fans are running at 5500 rpm creating a monstrous sound and monstrous cooling). So i reckon i should be able to get another 100 at least out of the ram and core.
Thats pretty god. you are above stock 7600GT clocks without vmod!!!

post #3 of 5 Old 12-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Still Standing

Liked: 2560
This is for the GT, but it may also apply to the GS.

http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversi...hp/t21368.html

I did similar mods to my old 7900GT KO with excellent results. Make sure that you have a multi-meter to test your mod.

Good Luck.

Custom Case building, dream and build

Custom Cases: Obsidian Silence, Silentium, Halcyon, Anvil, Indigo
Case Mods: Liquid Chameleon, LC-Lan Box

"Semper Fidelis"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-02-2006, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter
3.5ghz

Liked: 21
I really don't give a two pence what other people got (no offense) but i really could do with a voltmod so i can stabilize much further. and my memory is only running at 500 instead of a stock 400. Not that amazing.

EDIT: Dammit. I left my bigger rig at skl. But I'll check later. Thx for the info.

ISP's watch your step, or we will vote with our wallets.

Quote:
Quote:

Fox news are just like alchemists; but instead of turning stuff into gold, they turn it into crap - KriLL3
Music is everyone's possession, only publisher's think they own it - John Lennon
post #5 of 5 Old 12-09-2006, 12:36 PM
1:14 Camera:People Ratio

Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemaker View Post
I really don't give a two pence what other people got (no offense) but i really could do with a voltmod so i can stabilize much further. and my memory is only running at 500 instead of a stock 400. Not that amazing.

EDIT: Dammit. I left my bigger rig at skl. But I'll check later. Thx for the info.
This is a vmod for a 7600GS. It's for the Inno3D brand, but most of the distributors probably use the reference board, so perhaps it will be OK for your brand of 7600GS?

Best to check if there is any difference between this brand and yours before trying it out .

EDIT: Also, check out this thread from another forum. Might help you .

Also, Google is your friend .

Highly-Annoyed

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. -Plato
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. -Euripides .. Terrifying are the weaknesses of power. -Greek Proverb
----—-—-————————————————————————————————————————————————
exclamation.gifMy Favourite Windows XP Freeware Page . ...' ..'.exclamation.gif Wowza's Core 2 Duo Motherboard Analysis
----—-—-————————————————————————————————————————————————

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page