post #27921 of 28144 Old 01-10-2016, 03:55 PM
WaterCooler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by klepp0906 View Post

He must be talking about 1080p or something. I run 4 and at 4K ffxiv cripples it let alone something new. Course nvidias broken ass sli and surround support likely has much to do with it.

That being said I'll never go surround or sli or Titan again. 10k later and I rarely game on it, I use my AMD rig. Just too hit and miss depending on what I try to play and I hate having to change things around between games. With a rig like this u should be able to turn the game to max and click play. Was never the case.

Plus nvidia are crooks with Titan pricing and gated releases. Original Titan owners got screwed SO hard again and again with each successive nvidia card release.

Sad but true. I lived and I learned.

I don't game at 4k nor have a 4k monitor. Still game at 1080p 60Hz, far easier to push. I do have other higher resolution monitors, but they purely for other things.

Also note, I never paid a grand for any GPU. tongue.gif I'm a stingy bugger when it comes to my money. Heck, when everybody was dropping 550+ on 980s, I nabbed one for under 500. Currently trying to nab a 980Ti off one peep for 450. Of course I don't game on those, they for my folder. biggrin.gif

Think only thing I ever bought new from store was the PSU, the case, and the water cooling. Even then I hunt sales out. tongue.gif

I'm just a crazy nutty gal that likes computer hardware.

Certs (Click to show)
Security +
Associates CS degree.
Studying for HAM Radio Technician license.
Working on ALS and gaining CCAF degree (6 credits to go).
Onwards for a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27922 of 28144 Old 01-24-2016, 10:17 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 15
Hey ya'll, picking up a GTX Titan OG to mess around with. Figured it'd be fun to flash and OC this guy. Got it coming in middle of the week. Do you guys suggest doing manual OC first in Afterburner to see what kind of clocks I can get? I am really more familiar with Maxwell clocks so i don't know if the BIOS clocks listed in the OP for the Titan are conservative or more aggressive clocks. Any suggestions would be great. I see the HWSbot bios but that looks like it just unlocks power lmit and voltage but allows me to just mess with the clocks? Thanks again for any information guys!

post #27923 of 28144 Old 01-24-2016, 10:20 AM
WaterCooler

Well, the Titans no longer in the main rig. Got me a pair of 980Tis now. So time to get rid of the Titans now.

Certs (Click to show)
Security +
Associates CS degree.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27924 of 28144 Old 01-24-2016, 12:50 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 174
Send a message via AIM to cravinmild
Wow upgrade. Still running my single titian at least till VR helmets start shipping

post #27925 of 28144 Old 01-24-2016, 03:22 PM
WaterCooler

Could not pass up these two since they already had waterblocks and back plates. Easy drop into my loop. Just had to do one new tube run.

Plus, the folding is just nuts. Get around 1.3 to 1.6mil PPD when I fire both off.

Certs (Click to show)
Security +
Associates CS degree.
post #27926 of 28144 Old 01-24-2016, 04:49 PM

Liked: 44
EVGA came through for me with my TitanX RMA. Was a very easy painless process. Let's just say I wasn't exactly sure that I should've been approved, but they treated me right and got me back in SLI in no time.

Given the choice I'd never go with any other vendor. thumb.gif

post #27927 of 28144 Old 01-24-2016, 05:24 PM
WaterCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remij View Post

EVGA came through for me with my TitanX RMA. Was a very easy painless process. Let's just say I wasn't exactly sure that I should've been approved, but they treated me right and got me back in SLI in no time.

Given the choice I'd never go with any other vendor. thumb.gif

I just like the fact warranties follow the cards. Reason I tend to nab 2nd hand EVGAs. biggrin.gif All my cards are 2nd hand. tongue.gif

Right now seeing if I can get a peep to do a trade for his 980Ti Classified. Probably smack that one into my Dad's build or smack the 980STRIX into. Still debating what to GPU to throw into his build since I got five other GPUs I can use for that build.

Certs (Click to show)
Security +
Associates CS degree.
post #27928 of 28144 Old 01-24-2016, 06:14 PM

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithanul View Post

I just like the fact warranties follow the cards. Reason I tend to nab 2nd hand EVGAs. biggrin.gif All my cards are 2nd hand. tongue.gif

Right now seeing if I can get a peep to do a trade for his 980Ti Classified. Probably smack that one into my Dad's build or smack the 980STRIX into. Still debating what to GPU to throw into his build since I got five other GPUs I can use for that build.
Yeah, they're pretty great.

And I just realized I posted this in the OG Titan owners thread. My bad. tongue.gif

post #27929 of 28144 Old 01-25-2016, 07:07 PM
Dirt Farmer

Liked: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznguyen316 View Post

Hey ya'll, picking up a GTX Titan OG to mess around with. Figured it'd be fun to flash and OC this guy. Got it coming in middle of the week. Do you guys suggest doing manual OC first in Afterburner to see what kind of clocks I can get? I am really more familiar with Maxwell clocks so i don't know if the BIOS clocks listed in the OP for the Titan are conservative or more aggressive clocks. Any suggestions would be great. I see the HWSbot bios but that looks like it just unlocks power lmit and voltage but allows me to just mess with the clocks? Thanks again for any information guys!

The user @OccamRazor has the most extensive Titan info stash you'll find on OCN/the Internet in his signature. All the best TITAN bioses are written by him/Skyn3t(i tested most of them first and never lost a Titan) just remember. They're boost disabled so there is no auto-OC at all. Base clock is base clock.

His sig also includes full write ups on the voltage controller, and how to best manually control it. You can then dig even deeper if you want and read an engineers' dummies guide to how the titan's power system works/power draw and how it pertains to OC in general.

Don't be surprised if the LLC hacks crash your card/drivers. You have way better chances of it working if you use lessor values, but I typically just went for more voltage over tighter LLC.
aznguyen316 likes this.
post #27930 of 28144 Old 01-26-2016, 08:53 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

The user @OccamRazor has the most extensive Titan info stash you'll find on OCN/the Internet in his signature. All the best TITAN bioses are written by him/Skyn3t(i tested most of them first and never lost a Titan) just remember. They're boost disabled so there is no auto-OC at all. Base clock is base clock.

His sig also includes full write ups on the voltage controller, and how to best manually control it. You can then dig even deeper if you want and read an engineers' dummies guide to how the titan's power system works/power draw and how it pertains to OC in general.

Don't be surprised if the LLC hacks crash your card/drivers. You have way better chances of it working if you use lessor values, but I typically just went for more voltage over tighter LLC.

Thanks and repped.

Yeah lots of good info already. I d/l his bioses, looks like I'll try using Rev2 bios when I get the card in =) Going to have to read about this LLC hack stuff, is it necessary if I'm just interested in flashing the rev2 bios and gaming with it?

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page