post #6921 of 28144 Old 04-12-2013, 04:28 PM
nVidia Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDa5 View Post

I have high 89% ASIC score on HD7950 and it overclock good on air but even better on water.

I have low 58% ASIC score on another HD7950 and it doesn't over clock well at all.

High ASIC score is better from my experience for for almost $1000 Titan really deserves to have a high ASIC score of at least 90% IMO.
Looking at the PCB of the Titan is looks cheap. Only good great thing on the card is the GPU but it should have high ASIC to justify cost.

I would not pay more than $600 for a Titan new.
Show me one person who is having actual problems with a low ASIC, and no, "my card won't overclock as much as I want" is not a valid problem.

You see where I am coming from? Nvidia is selling a product which performs exactly as intended out of the box. They are delivering exactly what they promised. There is no statement that guarantees a high ASIC score or extreme overclockability.

ASIC doesn't have a damn thing to do with the cost, when this is a card is very clearly priced, for no other reason, in the range of "if you have to ask, buy something else".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6922 of 28144 Old 04-12-2013, 04:32 PM
nVidia Enthusiast

Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post

We honestly don't know that. If 60% ASIC cards are at least reaching 1100mhz, they don't need high ASIC cards to run the stock 700mhz or whatever they run at as Tesla.

Unless we have a large sample of Tesla cards and reported ASIC somewhere...
I agree completely. There is likely no reason why this is automatically true. Someone in this thread posted that they THINK high asic chips are reserved, and then suddenly it became gospel within two pages.

Now, I am sure it is possible. There may be questions of reliability in 24/7 usage. However, as you said, if they are only running at 700mhz... The decrease in clocks, and likely voltage as well, would mostly negate the need for an ASIC level higher than what we are getting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Forge View Post

Not as bad as a coil-whining 73.3% ASIC that can barely hit 1150 MHz... That is what throws me off on my current one.

Verify it is the card doing it.

Mine is only 68, and out of the box the thing runs 1050 ish boost, and while I do indeed have a garbage truck load of coil whine, I have verified it is coming directly from my PSU.
post #6923 of 28144 Old 04-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6924 of 28144 Old 04-12-2013, 04:46 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 2
anybody seen anything on the aquacomputer active backplates for titan got my blocks but im waiting on the backplates to put them on
post #6925 of 28144 Old 04-12-2013, 04:48 PM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 36
I could see them doing it because low leakage chips would consume less power - something desirable in workstation and server setups. But at the same time, Kepler is just so efficient that it would almost seem like a waste of manpower to be checking up on chips individually, especially if they are going into server setups running at 700mhz.

Speaking of leakage though, where exactly does the leaked power go? Just something I'm curious about. (I'm not an EE)
post #6927 of 28144 Old 04-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Not just position, SUPERposition!

Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post

I could see them doing it because low leakage chips would consume less power - something desirable in workstation and server setups. But at the same time, Kepler is just so efficient that it would almost seem like a waste of manpower to be checking up on chips individually, especially if they are going into server setups running at 700mhz.

Speaking of leakage though, where exactly does the leaked power go? Just something I'm curious about. (I'm not an EE)
Free current in the silicium converted to heat immediately.
Guess it works just as pushing a current trough any other conductor if the conductivity is lower more of the power is converted to heat.
post #6928 of 28144 Old 04-12-2013, 05:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1167
Having a weird issue a single card is getting higher scores in fire strike than 2 card running in sli. I biosed flashed my card to stock(one card is already stock), reinstalled drivers and evga precision. I even swapped my cards around as well.
Any guidance will be appreciated

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #6929 of 28144 Old 04-12-2013, 05:42 PM
performance fanboy

Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo23451 View Post

Having a weird issue a single card is getting higher scores in fire strike than 2 card running in sli. I biosed flashed my card to stock, reinstalled drivers and evga precision. I even swapped my cards around as well.
Any guidance will be appreciated

You can try forcing sli in nvinspector. Nv control panel should do it too, I just usually use inspector.

Foldathon Folder - 2011 Participant  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  40 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #6930 of 28144 Old 04-12-2013, 05:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1167
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtW 420 View Post

You can try forcing sli in nvinspector. Nv control panel should do it too, I just usually use inspector.
I am assuming that is is a program I have to download

Chimp Challenge Participant 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page