Question: SLI + 2 monitors, one is 120hz the other 60hz, same resolution - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-19-2013, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Will it work? My capture card only takes 60hz and my monitor I want at 120hz, I also want SLI to work while doing this. (I dont care about HDCP)

I heard this setup wont work with AMD but I want to know if its possible on Nvidia. Specs in my sig rig, 2x 480s running in SLI.

I heart.gif Quake 3
> Check out my first Liquid Cooled build <
Fold for OCN to help us take over the world! Team #37726
Quote:
Originally Posted by franz go_quote.gif
Lazy about overclocking.?!?!?!?!?!?! Sorry son, but you are on overclock.net and that is about as close to blasphemy as you can get.sozo.gifdoh.gif

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Foldathon Folder - 2011 Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2012 Participant  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  40 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-19-2013, 06:15 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 38
Are you trying to do 2-screen surround or a 1+1 configuration?

I use a 1+1 with one GTX 680 hooked up to two monitors: one 1440p 60Hz monitor (for MMO games and daily usage) and one 1080p 144Hz monitor (for FPS games). To change back and forth, I just go into the NVIDIA Control Panel and switch the "primary display" depending on which monitor I want to game on, and the other monitor becomes my secondary screen. No issues with the fact that the two monitors are different refresh rates (or even different resolutions). I don't think SLI would make this any different.

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #3 of 6 Old 04-19-2013, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer

Its mirrored not surround, forgot to mention that.

I heart.gif Quake 3
Quote:
Lazy about overclocking.?!?!?!?!?!?! Sorry son, but you are on overclock.net and that is about as close to blasphemy as you can get.sozo.gifdoh.gif

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Foldathon Folder - 2011 Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2012 Participant  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  40 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-20-2013, 01:51 PM
NoBody

Liked: 390
It should work no issues. I use both monitors however I'm not mirroring them. I use my 120Hz Asus monitor for my gaming and 3D vision while my 27" Asus @ 60Hz is my secondary monitor.

In NVCP you can adjust individual monitor refresh rates as you set up your multi display.

I would have to clone mine while doing some 3D vision to test 100% but with using extended mode I know it works 100% fine.

Edit: When I cloned displays it does say full screen programs won't utilize full SLI support. Also it does not allow you to set separate refresh rates for the monitors either. SO it appears maybe not.

Chimp Challenge Participant  4 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #5 of 6 Old 04-20-2013, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7racer View Post

It should work no issues. I use both monitors however I'm not mirroring them. I use my 120Hz Asus monitor for my gaming and 3D vision while my 27" Asus @ 60Hz is my secondary monitor.

In NVCP you can adjust individual monitor refresh rates as you set up your multi display.

I would have to clone mine while doing some 3D vision to test 100% but with using extended mode I know it works 100% fine.

Edit: When I cloned displays it does say full screen programs won't utilize full SLI support. Also it does not allow you to set separate refresh rates for the monitors either. SO it appears maybe not.

Thanks a lot, looks like I will have to try some other solution for my streaming setup. Strange how both ATI and Nvidia cant do it. I wonder what the limitation is.

I heart.gif Quake 3
Quote:

post #6 of 6 Old 04-20-2013, 09:16 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_J View Post

Thanks a lot, looks like I will have to try some other solution for my streaming setup. Strange how both ATI and Nvidia cant do it. I wonder what the limitation is.
The limitation is Windows' programming. Mirrored displays need to run identical resolutions and update frequency.

6 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page