Failed GTX 680 flash - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-07-2013, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter
If I motor boat, she gonna motorbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 550
I figured I would post here since nobody replies for ages in the GTX 680 Lightning club.

I have a MSI GTX 680 Power Edition card, the stock bios is 80.04.47.00.16, which is strange since the Power Edition is supposed to just be a Lightning with a different bios and its not listed in the Lightning club as a locked LN2 bios. Anyway i went ahead and attempted to flash to the 80.04.09.00.F8.rom and upon doing this my cards fans went up to 100% and the screen looked awul, colours washed out, screen resolution set to like 640x200 and I couldnt change it even after reinstalling drivers.

What did I do wrong? I followed the instructions in the lightning club. Thankfully I backed up the original rom, so i just put that back on now. Does anyone know how I can get the unlocked LN2 bios on my gpu?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-07-2013, 11:04 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 120
Damn, no good. I am not familier with graphic card bios flashes but since you are still able to get picture (i understand its bad) are you able to retry the bios flash process?

I wouldnt worry much about MSI lighting cards having similar bios than the stock cards, if you are getting the performance you are promised, you should be alright.

[NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club]
Currently Playing . . . . .
Escape from Tarkov - PUBG - BeamNG.Drive

Stopped Playing . . . . .
GTA V - Company of Heroes 2 - Shift 2 Unleashed - Payday2 - Assetto Corsa - Battlefield series - Arma 2 DayZ Mod - DiRT Rally
post #3 of 4 Old 08-07-2013, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter
If I motor boat, she gonna motorbike

Liked: 550
I have managed to flash back to the stock rom, i made a backup prior to doing it. But I have just tried flashing the lightning locked LN2 bios which worked fine, however soon as I try flash the unlocked lightning LN2 bios it gets these wierd screen artifacts/problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-07-2013, 12:15 PM
nVidia Enthusiast

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post

I have managed to flash back to the stock rom, i made a backup prior to doing it. But I have just tried flashing the lightning locked LN2 bios which worked fine, however soon as I try flash the unlocked lightning LN2 bios it gets these wierd screen artifacts/problems.

I don't know. But Lightning have VDDC Controller CHL8318. And Power Edition?tongue.gif

Try F8 and 3A bios? They are unlock and diferent.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page