Forum Jump: 

post #7471 of 16504 Old 02-14-2014, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakakaka View Post

I sure hope so! I will be OC'ing the hell out of that thing. tongue.gif I'm sure going to go at least 5ghz, hopefully temps will remain low (after a few hardware tweaks wink.gif )

Nice! it seems most 3770s clock pretty well, well at least better than 4770s so I wouldn't be surprised at all if you could hit 5.0. That is sort of why I haven't upgraded yet especially due to the negligible performance difference between the two.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7472 of 16504 Old 02-14-2014, 10:07 AM

Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2spartan View Post

Nice! it seems most 3770s clock pretty well, well at least better than 4770s so I wouldn't be surprised at all if you could hit 5.0. That is sort of why I haven't upgraded yet especially due to the negligible performance difference between the two.

Yes, I think I will be lapping the cpu as well, and applying better paste to the internal heatsink. I've always used Liquid Ultra cooling paste, pure metal, but can be harmful. But, always achieved about 3-5 degrees lower than the best cooling paste (IC Diamond for example). I have not yet tried it on the internal heatsink yet, but I might give that a go. I have the Noctua NH-D14 heatsink. Which one do you have?

EDIT: Going a little bit off-topic I realise..

But, on topic, I think temps also play a big role. I've managed to lower my GPU temps about 13-14 degrees C on OC, compared to stock (no OC). That's a huge difference. But it seems as if my card has some sort of temperature wall of 70 degrees C, above that, OC becomes significantly more unstable. So, with all modifications, I hit a max of 65 degrees on 1.212v when playing the most gpu intensive games. Had to do a series of mods to my gpu and case airflow. But it seems to help. Usually with V-sync on, temps stay below 60 degrees when playing games like AC4 or Tomb Raider. Of course no high AA settings, preferably off, I think that looks better, more crisp than with any type of AA (at 1440p that is). But that's a matter of taste.

more is more..

post #7473 of 16504 Old 02-14-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakakaka View Post

Yes, I think I will be lapping the cpu as well, and applying better paste to the internal heatsink. I've always used Liquid Ultra cooling paste, pure metal, but can be harmful. But, always achieved about 3-5 degrees lower than the best cooling paste (IC Diamond for example). I have not yet tried it on the internal heatsink yet, but I might give that a go. I have the Noctua NH-D14 heatsink. Which one do you have?

I need to delid mine also. I'll get around to it eventually, although, I'm not sure what method I want to use (Razor or Vice).

I have a corsair h40 on mine currently but that will change soon. Surprisingly I've been getting great temps with it despite my overclock and one fan on it lol. smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7474 of 16504 Old 02-14-2014, 10:21 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seid Dark View Post

Go for it. Overclocked 780 Ti will be as fast or faster than GTX 690, 7990 or 670 SLI but with less problems and power usage. High end Maxwell is still long way off. You should get about 350£ from your old cards on Ebay and other market places.

That is what I was thinking smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamRazor View Post

You pretty much made up your mind, get a 780Ti! But IMO you should get the Classy, as with the voltage tool up to 1.500V should give you even more leverage!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFaRsHeR View Post

This is where I was just before Christmas, couldn't wait until Q4 2014 for the top end Maxwell architecture. My decision was easier to make because I was running a 2560 X 1440 monitor with one 2GB GTX 670 clocked to the sky and with 4 free games from SCAN at the time I couldn't resist my Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti OC! Your issue is the FPS @ 120hz refresh rate really using a single card, that said if you are feeling flush there is a KINGPIN on EBAY for GBP661 (plus customs duty) today that might do the trick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2spartan View Post

I think you said it yourself "less noise, less heat, less power usage and moar VRAM." That should be enough to persuade you. tongue.gif

Shouldn't use the word "wait" when it comes to gpu unless of course you know an official date of the next line up of gpus. If you keep waiting you might have to stick with those 670s for a long time. People go on for years waiting for the next best thing but there will always be a next best thing right around the corner. So, no need to wait, just pull the trigger asap and be happy. biggrin.gif

Single gpu always has less issues than sli (fact).

Thanks guys! I'm gonna go for one and pull the trigger once my PSU RMA replacement has arrived.

Should I go for the:

• Gigabyte Windforce 3x for £526
  • EVGA SC ACX for £560
  • EVGA Classified ACX for £603
or the

post #7475 of 16504 Old 02-14-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindalooJim View Post

That is what I was thinking smile.gif

Thanks guys! I'm gonna go for one and pull the trigger once my PSU RMA replacement has arrived.

Should I go for the:

• Gigabyte Windforce 3x for £526
  • EVGA SC ACX for £560
  • EVGA Classified ACX for £603
or the

I've always had the best luck with EVGA products. Go for the EVGA Classy man! You won't regret it!thumb.gif
VindalooJim likes this.

post #7476 of 16504 Old 02-14-2014, 10:57 AM

Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredocini View Post

yeah i know what you mean. i did the same thing with my old 680 but meh. yeah at my old clocks at +200 on the mem i ran heaven benchmark for 4 hours and max temp hit 79... i been playing bf4 campaign for a bit too with no problems at all on my current clocks. but yeah ill leave this on again overnight for another run to test its stability.
do you think maybe my processor? i have a 3770k @ 4.5 ghz

I've tested a little regarding CPU influence. These are my results on an i7 860 CPU:

First:

4.1 GHz - HT On (4 cores, 8 threads)
GPU 1300mhz - 3750mhz @ 1.212V
Valley Extreme HD: 77.3 fps

Second:

4.45 GHz - HT Off (4 cores, 4 threads)
GPU 1300mhz - 3750mhz @ 1.212V
Valley Extreme HD: 78.9 fps

It's not a huge difference, but overall seemed smoother as well. I think CPU has an influence, but maybe too high clocks might adversely affect performance? Or other programs running in the background. Or even multimonitor usage?? Didn't test that. I have 2 monitors active atm.

more is more..

post #7477 of 16504 Old 02-14-2014, 11:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 63
i flash my gtx 780 classy bios with skyn3t.
i also download the voltage tune and change the voltage up to 1.35
was working yesterday but today it wont apply.
gpu-z still show me 1.15 max. yesterday was 1.35
why the voltage tune doesnt work anymore???
any help is appreciate
post #7478 of 16504 Old 02-14-2014, 11:54 AM

Liked: 34
WoW just got a 780 Ti but my 780 DCII OC is almost as fast. Only 500 gpu score difference in Fire Strike, Both OCd to their max.
Hope it will perform better in games otherwise i am really doubting it was worth the update.

I went from GTX 780 SLI to single Ti due to mini ITX build so wanted to get the fastest single gpu card but kinda dissapointed with the difference.

Gonna fire up some games

George Makris - Corsair
Quote:
...hey u know, we are the cool kids and u are just the new guy and get the hell out of our cool club.
post #7479 of 16504 Old 02-14-2014, 12:07 PM
ɹǝʞɔɐɥ

Liked: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzer View Post

WoW just got a 780 Ti but my 780 DCII OC is almost as fast. Only 500 gpu score difference in Fire Strike, Both OCd to their max.

I'm not really too surprised. My last Firestrike score was around 10,100 which is quite a bit higher than a reference 780 ti (no OC). I'm on the fence about upgrading; not sure it's worth the trouble. Still undecided however. rolleyes.gifwink.gif

Please post your opinion once you've had a chance to play a few games with the new setup.
post #7480 of 16504 Old 02-14-2014, 12:16 PM

Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzer View Post

Hope it will perform better in games otherwise i am really doubting it was worth the update.

I went from GTX 780 SLI to single Ti due to mini ITX build so wanted to get the fastest single gpu card but kinda dissapointed with the difference.

Gonna fire up some games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheyster View Post

I'm not really too surprised. My last Firestrike score was around 10,100 which is quite a bit higher than a reference 780 ti (no OC). I'm on the fence about upgrading; not sure it's worth the trouble. Still undecided however. rolleyes.gifwink.gif

Please post your opinion once you've had a chance to play a few games with the new setup.

On a side note, is it normal that Fire Strike score barely increases with an OC of 780 Ti? I gained maybe a few hundred points from +250 core clock. But Fire Strike Extreme yields much better gains, more than 20%.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page