[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club - Page 880 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #8791 of 16504 Old 03-17-2014, 04:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
How many of you are totally stable @ 1300mhz and beyond? BF4, Valley, Heaven, etc no crashing??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8792 of 16504 Old 03-17-2014, 04:17 AM

Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post

How many of you are totally stable @ 1300mhz and beyond? BF4, Valley, Heaven, etc no crashing??

Not here. ~1285 or so max stable, although I can pass a benchmark at more than 1300. I only game at 1220 or so.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

post #8793 of 16504 Old 03-17-2014, 04:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post

One of my three cards can do 1375 core and 1900 mem. For gaming 1340 is totally stable.

It's all about temps with the Ti. They love the cold. If you can keep it at or below 35c they will thank you for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8794 of 16504 Old 03-17-2014, 04:52 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post

What model is the card (did briefly look back but couldn't spot it)? The whining is coil whine. If you are using a split PCI-E cable try using two seperate ones for power. However, especially new, all reference design 780tis do it. You should hear what it sounds like when you can't hear the fan on water biggrin.gif.

MSI Gaming, I tried using two pcie cables instead of one like you said, it didnt do anything for the coil whine. Is there supposed to be coil whine even when youre not gaming?

█▓▒█▓♦OCN Water Cooling Club♦█▓▒█▓
█▓▒█▓♦ ~|Official Acer Predator XB270HU Owners Club|~ ♦█▓▒█▓
post #8795 of 16504 Old 03-17-2014, 05:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Definitely not when not gaming. If it's doing it whilst in 2D clocks that either spells that it's not the card, or it's somehow defective.

It's normally when the card is rendering silly FPS, like during loading screens and the like. On water with the side panel off I can hear mine quite clearly when benching or when games aren't fps limited but it doesn't bother me. It's not a fault, and it won't effect performance, some custom pcb cards might be better shielded that's all.

I've heard a few people over on other forums with MSI cards having fan issues. Can only suggest you RMA it for that though!
post #8796 of 16504 Old 03-17-2014, 05:41 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:

Definitely not when not gaming. If it's doing it whilst in 2D clocks that either spells that it's not the card, or it's somehow defective.

It's normally when the card is rendering silly FPS, like during loading screens and the like. On water with the side panel off I can hear mine quite clearly when benching or when games aren't fps limited but it doesn't bother me. It's not a fault, and it won't effect performance, some custom pcb cards might be better shielded that's all.

I've heard a few people over on other forums with MSI cards having fan issues. Can only suggest you RMA it for that though!

well I have gsync so the highest i go in fps is 143, unless you count that as ridiculously high, but I get coil whine in crysis 3 also and im floating around 60 fps. I also noticed a screeching sound when ever I run Nvidia control panel.

I just did the rma for tigerdirect, I just gotta send it out on thursday. Then ill pick up a classy, and see if that solves the issue with the whine. If not then im gonna have to RMA the mobo too.

█▓▒█▓♦OCN Water Cooling Club♦█▓▒█▓
█▓▒█▓♦ ~|Official Acer Predator XB270HU Owners Club|~ ♦█▓▒█▓
post #8797 of 16504 Old 03-17-2014, 05:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

I'd imagine there's considerably less whine on a Classy smile.gif

Doesn't bother me though. @ 1375 core I've come agonisingly close to a few people with Classifieds in benchmarks, but unfortunately being voltage locked, I'm falling short biggrin.gif.

Classified is definitely the way to go, especially if you want impressive bench scores smile.gif
post #8798 of 16504 Old 03-17-2014, 05:51 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 55
Certain combinations of graphics cards and power supplies give different levels of coil whine so you may find a Classy gives you less coil whine or none at all, or you may find you get more.

Good luck with your RMA!

post #8799 of 16504 Old 03-17-2014, 07:33 AM
Back Soon

Liked: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0ki View Post

I'm noticing a issue with my 780ti classy that's a very very random issue, where my monitor will lose signal turn off then back on. Happens mainly in games and just 10 minutes ago in iRacing and you can imagine how bad that situation is when you're racing lol.

I'm using a dvi-D cable thinking I may buy a display port cable instead for my 120hz monitor, been meaning to for a while now so it gives me an excuse to do it now. But what are the chances if the dvi D port is stuffed could the others be too?

Very annoying indeed! I have had that issue with 332 drivers, in one of my monitors, now with 335 its gone! rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kold View Post

I don't think that GHz edition is a custom PCB.

Both 780 GHZ and 780Ti GHZ are custom PCB's (almost the same PCB as a matter of fact discounting some extra capacitors) both have 8-phase synchronous buck converter NCP4208 plus an unidentified Richtek 2-phase analog PWM labelled 0T=FG V1D taking care of a stable current supply for the the memory! wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercinator16 View Post

The card seems like its dying on me confused.gif First the Fans are leaking lubricant, now a high pitched whine comes from the area that the video card is in that I originally thought it was from the mobo, but now im not so sure, also around the same time the whine starts, all of my usb devices start going nuts, i'm also noticing stutters in games that it didn't happen in before.

RMA that card! The sooner the faster you get the replacement and forget about those problems you didnt pay for and dont need the stress because of it!!!
That's what warranties are for! thumb.gif

Quote:

What model is the card (did briefly look back but couldn't spot it)? The whining is coil whine. If you are using a split PCI-E cable try using two seperate ones for power. However, especially new, all reference design 780tis do it. You should hear what it sounds like when you can't hear the fan on water biggrin.gif.

Look down for coil whine! biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindalooJim View Post

Certain combinations of graphics cards and power supplies give different levels of coil whine so you may find a Classy gives you less coil whine or none at all, or you may find you get more.

Good luck with your RMA!

Coil whine then, read a quote from one of my articles:

"Coil whine is mechanical resonance of the coil with the frequency of the signal passing through it. Physically, a coil is just loops of wire, sometimes with a core other than air. If the frequency of the signal is in resonance with the physical wires of the coil, the coil may vibrate.
There are many electrical parts/circuits which can cause whining noises, so don't just assume you are hearing coils. Annoying buzzing/electrical sound(s) are unlikely to eminate from a coil - you have something else making noise. Whining is caused by a part (or parts) physically vibrating.
Unto itself, voltage is not going to cause a whining sound. Voltage is electrical potential (actually, EMF); current through a device is dependent on the voltage across it. With a GPU, changing the voltage changes the operating frequency of various components within the chip and through the VRM sections, however something is probably in resonance with the signal! thumb.gif

Cheers all

Ed

(Team skyn3t)
post #8800 of 16504 Old 03-17-2014, 08:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Thanks for the explanation biggrin.gif. I just always refer to it as coil whine as it's often referred to as such. Never bothered me though as had many cards and some are just better than others smile.gif. As long as it clocks and isn't broken, don't fix it wink.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page