HOWTO: nVidia BIOS Flashing - Page 28 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 507 Old 09-27-2008, 07:37 AM
The Electric Boogaloo
 
PizzaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Atlanta Ga area
Posts: 10,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by benko View Post
Those are the same version, but you are better coping the original BIOS from you card and editing it the way you want it.

Twitter: PizzaManOCN

____________________________
.:|Official|Volt|Mod|Squad|Member|:.


Extreme OC (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 go_quote.gif
I think you should duct a leaf blower onto your air cooler...wait till liek 2am and fire it up for some hardcore OC action ..really piss of the neighbors.. and see if you can F5 your CPU-Z before the cops show up!! laugher.gif
^^^^thats Extreme OC
Funny (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by el gappo go_quote.gif
Do the opposite of what this guy just said if you want the best results you can get thumb.gif

Overclock.net - 2010 Foldathon Participant  Chimp Challenge Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

PizzaMan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 507 Old 09-28-2008, 01:00 PM
PC Gamer
 
slickwilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Last in line
Posts: 4,656
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Just a quick note try typing nvflash help this will list all commands and a few informational tips.
PizzaMan likes this.


Diablo 3-wolff#1279

Chimp Challenge Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

slickwilly is offline  
post #273 of 507 Old 09-28-2008, 01:58 PM
The Electric Boogaloo
 
PizzaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Atlanta Ga area
Posts: 10,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
Just a quick note try typing nvflash help this will list all commands and a few informational tips.
Thx! That should be added to the first post.


+rep

Twitter: PizzaManOCN

____________________________
.:|Official|Volt|Mod|Squad|Member|:.


Extreme OC (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 go_quote.gif
I think you should duct a leaf blower onto your air cooler...wait till liek 2am and fire it up for some hardcore OC action ..really piss of the neighbors.. and see if you can F5 your CPU-Z before the cops show up!! laugher.gif
^^^^thats Extreme OC
Funny (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by el gappo go_quote.gif
Do the opposite of what this guy just said if you want the best results you can get thumb.gif

Overclock.net - 2010 Foldathon Participant  Chimp Challenge Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

PizzaMan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #274 of 507 Old 10-09-2008, 03:39 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wolverhampton, UK
Posts: 4,710
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Would anyone be interested in using my BIOS file? My 8800GT's have the highest factory OC iirc and i can hit insane speeds without altering the voltage in a BIOS file, could mine already have an uprated voltage profile in its BIOS??

How do i extract its BIOS?

EDIT : Done it, here it is if anyone wants a look at it...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MGLOPJMS
almighty15 is offline  
post #275 of 507 Old 10-16-2008, 10:30 PM
4.0ghz
 
AMD2600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
Posts: 989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Can't get bios update to fly! help! My floppy looks just like the original post.

AMD2600 is offline  
post #276 of 507 Old 10-17-2008, 12:31 AM
4.0ghz
 
AMD2600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
Posts: 989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Bump. Help with these commands +Reps. I'm using version 5.67 of nvflash. For some reason after I put in commands I get no response at all it just hangs.

AMD2600 is offline  
post #277 of 507 Old 10-17-2008, 01:28 AM
The Electric Boogaloo
 
PizzaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Atlanta Ga area
Posts: 10,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Here are the commands I used:

a:/

nvflash --protectoff

it will then ask which device to turn protect off. Select the right one and remember the number for it.

nvflash --index=(the number from above) -4 -5 -6 filename.rom

Mine read as such "nvflash --index=1 -4 -5 -6 EVGAOC.rom"

also
nvflash -b backup.rom
will make a backup.rom of your BIOS.

Hope that helps. It was all that I had left in notes from my last flash.
AMD2600 likes this.

Twitter: PizzaManOCN

____________________________
.:|Official|Volt|Mod|Squad|Member|:.


Extreme OC (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 go_quote.gif
I think you should duct a leaf blower onto your air cooler...wait till liek 2am and fire it up for some hardcore OC action ..really piss of the neighbors.. and see if you can F5 your CPU-Z before the cops show up!! laugher.gif
^^^^thats Extreme OC
Funny (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by el gappo go_quote.gif
Do the opposite of what this guy just said if you want the best results you can get thumb.gif

Overclock.net - 2010 Foldathon Participant  Chimp Challenge Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

PizzaMan is offline  
post #278 of 507 Old 10-17-2008, 11:28 AM
4.0ghz
 
AMD2600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
Posts: 989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaMan View Post
Here are the commands I used:

a:/

nvflash --protectoff

it will then ask which device to turn protect off. Select the right one and remember the number for it.

nvflash --index=(the number from above) -4 -5 -6 filename.rom

Mine read as such "nvflash --index=1 -4 -5 -6 EVGAOC.rom"

also
nvflash -b backup.rom
will make a backup.rom of your BIOS.

Hope that helps. It was all that I had left in notes from my last flash.
I'll give these a try.

AMD2600 is offline  
post #279 of 507 Old 10-22-2008, 02:53 PM
3.0ghz
 
FaceCannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 9
can u do this booting from usb????

Converted from Nvidia to ati... AND REGRETTING IT.

Sapphiron 4850x2 2gb

FaceCannon is offline  
post #280 of 507 Old 10-22-2008, 03:22 PM
3.0ghz
 
FaceCannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 9
anyone???

Converted from Nvidia to ati... AND REGRETTING IT.

Sapphiron 4850x2 2gb

FaceCannon is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off