GTX 970 Comparison: STRIX vs MSI Gaming vs Gigabyte G1 - Page 63 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #621 of 642 Old 05-30-2015, 02:18 AM
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv8000 View Post

Not well for all the models that aren't the FTW; cheaper components, voltage restrictions, low tdp limit, worse power delivery. Don't know much about the FTW card at this point I'll have to look into it, unless you care about the warranty and step-up I'd stay away from the EVGA cards if you're looking for good oc potential.
The approximate length from the i/o plate on the inside to the end of the backplate is just under 12", there's a picture/measurement in the 970 owner's thread cannot find it while im at work tongue.gif.

I would have to agree with this man! As a owner of a EVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0, I have no idea why EVGA would put a 4 phase vrm on a overclocked GPU, I have been more lucky than others, Mine can pass benchmarks and stressing without crashing, But I am honestly surprised that EVGA was able to even overclock past 100mhz with a PCB like that, Also my ram on the back of my card is not cooled at all, So it is probably a matter of time before those chips just burn up one day! But then other brands put the ram on the back too (But that is still no excuse), The only reason I even got a EVGA was because the place I bought it at only had EVGA, And that was the only place I could pay cash for a 970. Honestly I should have waited for them to get the reference clocked version in. But I could not wait. But my old HIS R9 270 ICQx2 is a much better made GPU, At'least it uses 5 phases, And I bet the HIS cooler even though it is a mini cooler would do better than the ACX 2.0 LOL.

Remember it's We the People, And nobody else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #622 of 642 Old 05-30-2015, 03:56 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 212
Not sure if you can do anything to cool those VRM, but for the ram on the back of the card just buy a few ramsinks and stick them on the ram chips. I had to do that for my MSI GTX 970.

99.999999% of the world listens to autotuned pop singers. If you are part of the 0.000001% who listen to the future goddess of music Hatsune Miku, copy and paste this into your sig. cool.gif
Vocaloid Fanclub!

post #623 of 642 Old 05-30-2015, 05:19 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdrifter View Post

Not sure if you can do anything to cool those VRM, but for the ram on the back of the card just buy a few ramsinks and stick them on the ram chips. I had to do that for my MSI GTX 970.

I forgot all about ramsinks! Thanks, That is a great idea, That is the only thing about the card that really concerns me. It will look ugly when I put them on, But functionality is all I care about.

Remember it's We the People, And nobody else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #624 of 642 Old 06-17-2015, 12:38 PM

Liked: 2
Would the backplate on the back of the MsI Gaming Million Edition provide any cooling benefits?

post #625 of 642 Old 07-28-2015, 06:01 AM

Liked: 1
I have throttling even on stock clocks with Gigabyte GTX970 G1. What should be a reason for that?

post #626 of 642 Old 07-29-2015, 09:52 AM

Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrbaa View Post

I have throttling even on stock clocks with Gigabyte GTX970 G1. What should be a reason for that?

I was experiencing this as well. I found that my voltages were not stable. I had to modify my BIOS to solve it. The thing is, my benchmark scores were not improved at all. Well, maybe a little, but it wasn't worth the hassle. Throttling is only an issue when you are looking for maximum overclocks for maximum scores, or when you're throttling by so much that it decreases stability and causes crashes or artefacts. If you throttle by 13Mhz every now and again, from my experience of removing the throttling, it's not a big deal.

post #627 of 642 Old 10-07-2015, 04:36 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 0
Hi all,

Could you please tell me if this 'Windforce' blue backlight can be turned off completely? If it were red, I would have no problem with it. But as such, it just doesn't go with my red-white theme.

Thanks!
post #628 of 642 Old 10-07-2015, 05:01 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 10
Yes you can, very easily. There is an option to switch it off in the GeForce Experience software under LED Visualizer. There are also other settings you can set it to such as pulse or flash to music. I'm sure that you could also mod it so it was a red LED; i've seen it done before.

post #629 of 642 Old 10-07-2015, 05:14 AM
WaterCooler

Thanks for your response! The idea of customizing it with red LED crossed my mind too. Only I'm not sure whether or not it would void the warranty.
post #630 of 642 Old 10-07-2015, 11:20 AM
WaterCooler

To be honest, I'm having a hard time deciding whether I need to upgrade from two of my Club 3D Radeon HD 7870XT jokerCards (Tahiti LE) in CrossFire and watercooled. Apart from getting PhysX effects in games optimized for Nvidia cards I can't see much benefits from getting this card. Or am I missing something?

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page