Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request ) - Page 598 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5971 of 8715 Old 06-12-2016, 12:19 PM
 
Darkgregor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi Mr-Dark

I'm following your advice

1- put the max safe voltage on both
2- unlock the tdp to 150%
3- Unlock the hidden voltage slider .

for the both
GM200.zip 152k .zip file
GM206.zip 150k .zip file

Best regards .
Darkgregor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5972 of 8715 Old 06-12-2016, 12:54 PM
WaterCooler
 
fat4l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 73
So guys how does it look like with Asus Strix 980Ti OC version ?
I see some ppl are reporting that all voltage regulations/mods depend on stock bios and that the bios verions are not compatible with each other.
So can the voltage be modded ?

If not, what else can be modded to get the max out of the card under watercooling.
Any hardware mods ?

Thanks thumb.gif


Edit://
Has any strix 980Ti owner tried this tool ?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/43v94e93d5y6vua/980Strix.rar
Quote:
"1. Input settings in GPU Twek, Monitor disabled.
2. In Testini input same voltage as in GPU Tweak with 6 digits, close Testini.
3. Click Modify_GM204.exe cmd will open for a second.
4. Open Monitoring voila you have your desired voltage. Thats what I get. "
[

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @5.1Ghz MB: Asus Maximus VII Formula RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666CL10 VGA: Nvidia GTX 1080 FE 2.2GHz SDD: 2x Samsung 840 PRO 256GB(RAID0) + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB PSU: SuperFlower Leadex Platinum 1200W MON: Asus Swift PG278Q 27" (CPU bought from: https://siliconlottery.com/)
fat4l is offline  
post #5973 of 8715 Old 06-12-2016, 08:48 PM
 
killerakx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you Mr-Dark. Awesome bios get lower max temp and stable performance.
killerakx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5974 of 8715 Old 06-13-2016, 05:40 PM
 
b4db0y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dark View Post


Original----------------Dark.zip 152k .zip file
Dark.zip (152k. zip file)

Core cloc 1405mhz & stock memory & 1.25v & higher TDP limit & boost off
here yo go
Hey, I was comaparing your BIOS to my own BIOS and your's seems to have some extra voltage sliders. What are those for? And is it safe to just flash this BIOS to my card?

Thanks again

b4db0y is offline  
post #5975 of 8715 Old 06-14-2016, 01:10 PM
 
nvidiauser122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hey there, I'm new to the site and sort of a noob when it comes to this stuff. I've ran into some sort of power limit issue on my EVGA 980 Ti SC ACX2.0.
I'm not sure if I should RMA the card or not because even without overclocking or raising power limit slider, GPU-Z is still reporting power throttling at stock.
when overclocking to 1440mhz core 3801mem (76 asic) is stable but suffers from the throttling at 106% power, even though the slider says 110% on msi afterburner.
The card is stable and only loses 15-20mhz when throttling and that's only under max load, I don't see the throttling when let's say i'm playing in 1080p because it isn't pushing the card to that 106%.
I saved my Bios but i don't have the option to archive on windows 10 for some reason but it does give me the option to send it to a zip folder, the file does go from 203kb to 150kb when doing so which i'm not sure if it's acceptable

GM200.zip 152k .zip file
nvidiauser122 is offline  
post #5976 of 8715 Old 06-14-2016, 06:09 PM
 
vanasfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello Mr. Dark smile.gif

I was wondering if you would be able to help me out with a stability issue I am having with Firestrike. I am using a custom BIOS, I believe it has the 150% power, 1.274 voltage, non boost mod. It is set to 1506 core and in games I am able to push it to 1580+ without artifacts but if I try to run Firestrike even at the 1506 core Firestrike will crash. Could you take a look at my BIOS, perhaps I did something wrong. By the way I do have an agresive fan curve and temps rarely hit 65.

Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide me with,

Mike GM200oc.zip 146k .zip file
vanasfield is offline  
post #5977 of 8715 Old 06-14-2016, 06:53 PM
 
zipzop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Hi Mr Dark, do you have something on tap that would suit my EVGA gtx 970 SC? I think, mostly I'd like to remove the boost clocks, possible raise voltage and power limit. I dont trust myself enough to do it myself smile.gif

GM204stockBIOS.zip 136k .zip file
zipzop is online now  
post #5978 of 8715 Old 06-15-2016, 04:27 AM - Thread Starter
kate
 
Mr-Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Jordan
Posts: 5,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgregor View Post

Hi Mr-Dark

I'm following your advice

1- put the max safe voltage on both
2- unlock the tdp to 150%
3- Unlock the hidden voltage slider .

for the both
GM200.zip 152k .zip file
GM206.zip 150k .zip file

Best regards .

Hey there

here yo go

Gm200-GM206------Dark.zip 302k .zip file
Dark.zip (302k. zip file)

Core clock 1405mhz & stock memory clock & 1.275v & TDP up to 150% & Boost off & No throttle


Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4l View Post

So guys how does it look like with Asus Strix 980Ti OC version ?
I see some ppl are reporting that all voltage regulations/mods depend on stock bios and that the bios verions are not compatible with each other.
So can the voltage be modded ?

If not, what else can be modded to get the max out of the card under watercooling.
Any hardware mods ?

Thanks thumb.gif


Edit://
Has any strix 980Ti owner tried this tool ?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/43v94e93d5y6vua/980Strix.rar
[

Hello

It depend on the stock bios.. old card's as unlocked.. but now all Strix card's is voltage locked at 1.212v.. Asus lock the voltage as the Strix cooler barely enough at the stock volt thumb.gif

and no, if your card is the locked one yo can't flash unlocked bios to push the voltage since the volt limit from the VRM smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerakx View Post

Thank you Mr-Dark. Awesome bios get lower max temp and stable performance.

Glad to hear that bro smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4db0y View Post

Hey, I was comaparing your BIOS to my own BIOS and your's seems to have some extra voltage sliders. What are those for? And is it safe to just flash this BIOS to my card?

Thanks again

We unlock them from Kepler bios twekaer thumb.gif don't worry just flash it wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidiauser122 View Post

hey there, I'm new to the site and sort of a noob when it comes to this stuff. I've ran into some sort of power limit issue on my EVGA 980 Ti SC ACX2.0.
I'm not sure if I should RMA the card or not because even without overclocking or raising power limit slider, GPU-Z is still reporting power throttling at stock.
when overclocking to 1440mhz core 3801mem (76 asic) is stable but suffers from the throttling at 106% power, even though the slider says 110% on msi afterburner.
The card is stable and only loses 15-20mhz when throttling and that's only under max load, I don't see the throttling when let's say i'm playing in 1080p because it isn't pushing the card to that 106%.
I saved my Bios but i don't have the option to archive on windows 10 for some reason but it does give me the option to send it to a zip folder, the file does go from 203kb to 150kb when doing so which i'm not sure if it's acceptable

GM200.zip 152k .zip file

Hello

Its fine, no need to RMA.. the stock bios is a big limit for GM200 chip... give this a try

GM200----TDP.zip 152k .zip file

Just leave the power limit and 100% and let me know how yo go smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanasfield View Post

Hello Mr. Dark smile.gif

I was wondering if you would be able to help me out with a stability issue I am having with Firestrike. I am using a custom BIOS, I believe it has the 150% power, 1.274 voltage, non boost mod. It is set to 1506 core and in games I am able to push it to 1580+ without artifacts but if I try to run Firestrike even at the 1506 core Firestrike will crash. Could you take a look at my BIOS, perhaps I did something wrong. By the way I do have an agresive fan curve and temps rarely hit 65.

Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide me with,

Mike GM200oc.zip 146k .zip file

Hey there

Honestly, that bios match my custom bios for GM200 card's.. from where yo get that one ? biggrin.gif

I don't see anything strange there.. but to make sure its not bios problem.. try Firestrike at 1450mhz ? ( use negative offset from MSI AB ).. if pass then its not bios problem..

also which game is that ? maybe the game yo try to play at 1580mhz not heavy on the gpu ? Try Witcher 3 & GTA V & Far Cry 4.. the latest is the best for any OC'd gpu smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzop View Post

Hi Mr Dark, do you have something on tap that would suit my EVGA gtx 970 SC? I think, mostly I'd like to remove the boost clocks, possible raise voltage and power limit. I dont trust myself enough to do it myself smile.gif

GM204stockBIOS.zip 136k .zip file

Hey there

Give this a try

GM204---------------------Dark.zip 137k .zip file
Dark.zip (137k. zip file)

Core clock 1430mhz & 3.8ghz memory & 1.212v & higher TDP limit & boost off

flash that bios and make sure its stable at the above setting, then yo yo can push it farther from any OC software thumb.gif

Origin ID : Mr-D4rk0
Mr-Dark is online now  
post #5979 of 8715 Old 06-15-2016, 04:39 AM
 
vanasfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Honestly, that bios match my custom bios for GM200 card's.. from where yo get that one ? biggrin.gif

I don't see anything strange there.. but to make sure its not bios problem.. try Firestrike at 1450mhz ? ( use negative offset from MSI AB ).. if pass then its not bios problem..

also which game is that ? maybe the game yo try to play at 1580mhz not heavy on the gpu ? Try Witcher 3 & GTA V & Far Cry 4.. the latest is the best for any OC'd gpu smile.gif

Thanks for the quick reply smile.gif

Oh, it might be one of yours... I am running 1580 on GTA V and The Division with great results, I will try to downclock and run Firestrike @ 1450.

Thanks again,

Mike
vanasfield is offline  
post #5980 of 8715 Old 06-15-2016, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter
kate
 
Mr-Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Jordan
Posts: 5,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanasfield View Post

Thanks for the quick reply smile.gif

Oh, it might be one of yours... I am running 1580 on GTA V and The Division with great results, I will try to downclock and run Firestrike @ 1450.

Thanks again,

Mike

No problem bro smile.gif

Let me know how yo go.. thumb.gif

Origin ID : Mr-D4rk0
Mr-Dark is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off