post #7111 of 8715 Old 08-28-2016, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dark View Post

Yes, drop your stock bios and let me know what yo need smile.gif

Ok, i don't know if this is unreasonable, but i'd like to be at 1.35V to 1.40V my current power target is 141% but I only hover between 90%-100% power percent.

STOCKUNLOCKEDLN2GM200.zip 146k .zip file

This has my stock unlocked LN2 bios.

Thanks Mr. Dark, I appreciate the time you put into all this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7112 of 8715 Old 08-29-2016, 01:18 AM
Case Modder

Liked: 1
hi, i have a MSI gtx960 gaming 2gb. could you help me out with this one? GM206.zip 145k .zip file
post #7113 of 8715 Old 08-29-2016, 08:18 AM

dark, is there any chance the voltage on my strix is just software locked or somehing like that, maybe flashing a bios with higher voltage will give me just that, but the software will indicate im still at 1213
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7114 of 8715 Old 08-29-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPeRii View Post

dark, is there any chance the voltage on my strix is just software locked or somehing like that, maybe flashing a bios with higher voltage will give me just that, but the software will indicate im still at 1213

ya it's most likely locked. In that case, yes, you would have to use a custom vbios.
post #7115 of 8715 Old 08-29-2016, 10:31 AM

Wow, this is quite the thread you've got going here, Mr-Dark!

I have an EVGA GTX 950 SC (I don't remember the model name off the top of my head; it's the small one with a single fan),
it's my first real gaming-class card, and I've been considering moving to a custom BIOS to squeeze out as much performance as I can out of it.
Currently with my overclock on stock BIOS, my card will boost up to about 1481MHz, and I have the voltage offset to +43mV.

When I first put the card under load, the voltage will go up to 1.237V, and the core clock will go up to about 1490Mhz, but then after a few seconds, the clocks settle back down to 1481, and the voltage drops down to 1.212V and does not go any higher, regardless of my settings. In GPU-Z I see my PerfCap reason is VRel.
Could anyone here possibly help me modify my card's BIOS if I post it? I'm hoping to get somewhere at least over that juicy 1500MHz core clock, and maybe shoot for 1600MHz, but for now I think I want to stick to a core voltage of around 1.25 to (maybe) 1.3V and see where that gets me.
As this is my first time flashing BIOS on any card, I'm obviously still trying to learn how it all works. If possible, I would like to start off at just 1500MHz, 1.25V, and be able to push voltage and clocks higher through an OC program.

Also... My friend has this big, fat MSI laptop with a GTX 980M in it. We spent some time overclocking it and got the 5820HK to 4.2GHz, but we were limited OCing the 980M by NVidia's piddle-poor BIOS on the card. Would this also be the place to come to, to fix that?

GM206STOCK.zip 199k .zip file

Edit: Fixed attachment placed in end of paragraph.
post #7116 of 8715 Old 08-29-2016, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter
kate

Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonkill View Post

NewWinRARarchive.zip 134k .zip file

Dark this is the bios that you previously moidded for me but i now have my msi 970 on water so do what you think woul;d work best. as of using this i am seeing temps in overwatch and nomans sky in the upper 40's

That bios already at the Max, 1.300v and 340W TDP limit.. is 1519mhz the max stable clock ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsar1 View Post

Mr-Dark, can you edit this bios for 1430mhz(and 1.22v) $ 2000 memory?
i ve tested this bios and it works better than stock, but if i use msi ab to overclock it 1405 ---1430, BF3 will crash.
may be, my gpu will be stable with flashed 1430mhz bios...

Sure, here yo go

GM200----carsar1--Dark.zip 152k .zip file

Core clock 1430mhz & 8000mhz memory & 1.22v
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rk3b View Post

GM200M4rk3b.zip 152k .zip file

Hi Mr-Dark,

could you

Disable the boost ( to avoid throttle at 67c)
Increase the TDP limit
Unlock the hidden voltage slider for Titan-X + 980 Ti Cards! (but leave it so i can play with it please)

so i can try and raise a little my oc (lets hope this help cause of my bad OCind chip, this would be my last try)

thk in advanced.

Hello there

Here yo go

GM200----M4rk3b----Dark.zip 152k .zip file

Core clock 1405mhz & stock memory & 1.255v & higher TDP limit & boost off
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogrady84 View Post

Hi Mr-Dark,

I seem to be getting artifacts again this morning unfortunately frown.gif

They are just at the desktop, without being under any load... any suggestions of further modifications to the bios?

Thanks

Hey there

try this one

GM200---cogrady84-memory--Dark.zip 152k .zip file

lower memory clock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunemaeh View Post

Hi everyone

(come from germany, bad english, sry)

I use a MSI 980Ti 6G and my Bios is already modded. I increase the Power Limit and pushed the Mem on 3600MHz.

Core Clock is normally ~1342MHz at 1.162V. It is possible to change the Core Clock to 1400MHz, no matter of temperature?

i want the 1400/3600MHz ALL time, hope you understand me wink.gif

Somebody can change my Bios please? THANKS

GM200OC1.zip 150k .zip file

Hey there

here yo go

GM200OC1----Hunemaeh----Dark.zip 152k .zip file

Core clock 1405mhz & 3600mhz memory & 1.19v & higher TDP limit & boost off
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdDeckEd View Post

I've settled on a bios that clocks to 1531 at 1.258v, this setting seems to get me the highest benches. I'm still not sure how I was able to get to 1537 on the other bios it could also be some of the boost state clocks are too high I have yet to test it, I'm very happy with the way the card is running now regardless, thanks again Dark!

edit:

After 1 hour of Battlefield 3

Very nice man! that Hybrid is Fantastic card.. thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night-Killer View Post

Ok, i don't know if this is unreasonable, but i'd like to be at 1.35V to 1.40V my current power target is 141% but I only hover between 90%-100% power percent.

STOCKUNLOCKEDLN2GM200.zip 146k .zip file

This has my stock unlocked LN2 bios.

Thanks Mr. Dark, I appreciate the time you put into all this.

Hello

The limit on any Maxwell card is 1.312v, so that fine for yo ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0Fluffy View Post

hi, i have a MSI gtx960 gaming 2gb. could you help me out with this one? GM206.zip 145k .zip file

Hey there

here yo go

GM206------S0Fluffy----Dark.zip 147k .zip file
S0Fluffy----Dark.zip (147k. zip file)

Core clock 1405mhz & 3.7ghz memory & 1.275v & higher TDP limit & boost off

flash that bios and make sure that stable, then yo can push the core clock farther from any OC software..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPeRii View Post

Hello

Asus lock the voltage from the VRM, but an guy report a Utility to push the voltage farther on the Strix, but after 2 day's he report that the card gave up! and he RMA that card to Asus biggrin.gif

the VRM cooling barely enough for 1.212v rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkey Pine View Post

Wow, this is quite the thread you've got going here, Mr-Dark!

I have an EVGA GTX 950 SC (I don't remember the model name off the top of my head; it's the small one with a single fan),
it's my first real gaming-class card, and I've been considering moving to a custom BIOS to squeeze out as much performance as I can out of it.
Currently with my overclock on stock BIOS, my card will boost up to about 1481MHz, and I have the voltage offset to +43mV.

When I first put the card under load, the voltage will go up to 1.237V, and the core clock will go up to about 1490Mhz, but then after a few seconds, the clocks settle back down to 1481, and the voltage drops down to 1.212V and does not go any higher, regardless of my settings. In GPU-Z I see my PerfCap reason is VRel.
Could anyone here possibly help me modify my card's BIOS if I post it? I'm hoping to get somewhere at least over that juicy 1500MHz core clock, and maybe shoot for 1600MHz, but for now I think I want to stick to a core voltage of around 1.25 to (maybe) 1.3V and see where that gets me.
As this is my first time flashing BIOS on any card, I'm obviously still trying to learn how it all works. If possible, I would like to start off at just 1500MHz, 1.25V, and be able to push voltage and clocks higher through an OC program.

Also... My friend has this big, fat MSI laptop with a GTX 980M in it. We spent some time overclocking it and got the 5820HK to 4.2GHz, but we were limited OCing the 980M by NVidia's piddle-poor BIOS on the card. Would this also be the place to come to, to fix that?

GM206STOCK.zip 199k .zip file

Edit: Fixed attachment placed in end of paragraph.

Hello

here yo go

GM206STOCK---PorkeyPine---Dark.zip 149k .zip file

Core clock 1506mhz & 3.5ghz memory & 1.250v & higher TDP limit & boost off..

the only way to push the voltage farther is from the bios.. but yo can push the core clock from any OC software...

for your friend drop the stock bios here so i can help smile.gif
Porkey Pine likes this.

Origin ID : Mr-D4rk0
post #7117 of 8715 Old 08-29-2016, 06:30 PM

Thanks so much Mr-Dark. I've actually already looked at the BIOS you gave me and made a few small personal tweaks here and there.

Currently my friend is not at home; he doesn't know if/when we'd be able to post his vbios here. We'll get to it if we get a chance.

Also, I run a lot of Folding@Home on my GPU. As this is my first time "outside the walls" voltage-wise with a video card, I must ask,
If I run Folding@Home on my GPU for possibly up to 12-16 hours at a time, how do you think my GPU will hold up now with these sorts of overclocks from the new BIOS?
I've heard that anywhere up to about 1.3V should be safe for normal gaming use, but when I'm putting my GPU under 100% load for such extended periods of time... I don't know just how careful I should be with voltages and heat. I figured that you, and other people here, would have more experience with how GPUs start to act under certain conditions while running custom settings.
post #7118 of 8715 Old 08-29-2016, 08:16 PM

Hi Mr-Dark,

Thanks again, I see you clocked the memory down to 1500, but I still have artifacts frown.gif

Do you think this is an RMA?

Thanks for all your help!
post #7119 of 8715 Old 08-29-2016, 11:17 PM
Case Modder

hey thanks man, but nvflash keeps saying verification error, only not with the stock bios.. what can i do?

EDIT: wait i think i got it lol, used other nvflash.
post #7120 of 8715 Old 08-30-2016, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter
kate

Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkey Pine View Post

Thanks so much Mr-Dark. I've actually already looked at the BIOS you gave me and made a few small personal tweaks here and there.

Currently my friend is not at home; he doesn't know if/when we'd be able to post his vbios here. We'll get to it if we get a chance.

Also, I run a lot of Folding@Home on my GPU. As this is my first time "outside the walls" voltage-wise with a video card, I must ask,
If I run Folding@Home on my GPU for possibly up to 12-16 hours at a time, how do you think my GPU will hold up now with these sorts of overclocks from the new BIOS?
I've heard that anywhere up to about 1.3V should be safe for normal gaming use, but when I'm putting my GPU under 100% load for such extended periods of time... I don't know just how careful I should be with voltages and heat. I figured that you, and other people here, would have more experience with how GPUs start to act under certain conditions while running custom settings.

Hello

Folding on the card isn't good idea without full waterblock.. some component will overheat duo to the high load for long time..

on the stock cooler keep it under 1.250v for folding and make a custom fan curve is good idea for that thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogrady84 View Post

Hi Mr-Dark,

Thanks again, I see you clocked the memory down to 1500, but I still have artifacts frown.gif

Do you think this is an RMA?

Thanks for all your help!

Its defective card bro, sorry to say that but yo should RMA that card... slap the stock bios and send it back smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0Fluffy View Post

hey thanks man, but nvflash keeps saying verification error, only not with the stock bios.. what can i do?

EDIT: wait i think i got it lol, used other nvflash.

Glad to hear that, Btw if yo still need help try this

https://mega.nz/#!LxgQia4B!03HL7IxPPrNejK3emvyAKpygNJUpUvN1-ULK1apArSI

GL smile.gif
Porkey Pine likes this.

Origin ID : Mr-D4rk0

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page