Forum Jump: 

post #4011 of 11239 Old 07-29-2016, 06:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalkings View Post

do you guys turn OFF the vsync on Nvidia Control Panel? it ends up turning ON after restart when using Gsync. i'm getting Stuttering in some games when getting a below 60FPS when its turned ON.. is there a way to turn it OFF permanently?

Just turn off per game profile. Gsync with vsyn on is garbage.

5960X 4.5 / X99 Pro/ 2017 Titan Xp/ XB270HU 165Hz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4012 of 11239 Old 07-29-2016, 06:20 AM

Liked: 50
Quote:

do you guys turn OFF the vsync on Nvidia Control Panel? it ends up turning ON after restart when using Gsync. i'm getting Stuttering in some games when getting a below 60FPS when its turned ON.. is there a way to turn it OFF permanently?
I think thats a bug in current drivers .. it turns itself back on

however it only affects things when you go above your Gsync range (either above 60 or 100 or 144) .. falling below 60 means you're still in Gsync range and Vsync isnt affecting anything even if its on

but maybe thats just because sub 60 isnt smooth by itself, even with Gsync
post #4013 of 11239 Old 07-29-2016, 06:22 AM
pez
Apple flavored Oreos

Liked: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by toncij View Post

Well, in many games you can't catch 100Hz easily with a single 1080. I wouldn't count on it - unless you're into reducing image details.

That's what I said tongue.gif.
Quote:

I actually did notice that V-sync found its' way back in after a reboot, so I'm not sure. There's still some things I need to iron out apparently. Fallout 4 is currently 'tilting' me into a black hole with its optimization. Game dips below 60 frames but is using 70% max on both GPUs. I'm even noticing stutters in Crysis 3 that I wasn't before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimboso View Post

I got a X34 to go with my 1080 FTW.

I can honestly say it's the best monitor I have ever had the pleasure of playing on. I've had ROG Swifts, Dell Ultrasharps and some korea monitor. the X34 is really good. I am using the icc-profile and calibration from tftcentral which works like a charm.

All of the games that I play, I can play in Ultra (without AA) and still keep a steady 100 fps. According to the reviews I've seen that uses Ultra-wide monitors almost all games will run 70-80 fps or more, and most being 100+. Can't say that I need to run SLI at the moment, but might get a 2nd 1080-card after christmas or on black friday.

What's ICC-Profile? I saw the TFTCentral calibration and think I'm going to try that as well.

Edit:
Google was my friend. I'll give those two things a try later. This new monitor had really shown me how out of the loop I am with this stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4014 of 11239 Old 07-29-2016, 06:27 AM

Liked: 9
My local Microcenter has the EVGA GTX 1080 CLASSIFIED GAMING ACX 3.0 in stock right now. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. It would look sick in my right which has a black and red theme. Decisions, decisions.

post #4015 of 11239 Old 07-29-2016, 06:56 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin0 View Post

Try flashing the OC BIOS to yours and see where it goes smile.gif

Already Done doesn't make the slightest bit of difference
post #4016 of 11239 Old 07-29-2016, 07:13 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckit View Post

Already Done doesn't make the slightest bit of difference

Then I guess its bad luck

CPU : Intel i7 4790k (H2O) | GPU : Asus Strix GTX 1080 (H2O) | MoBo : MSI Z87 MPower
RAM : 16GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Beast @2400mHz | PSU : Be quiet DarkPower Pro 750W | SSD : Samsung EVO 250GB

Case : Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Lighting : NZXT Hue+ | Watercooling : EKWB Blocks / Fittings / Tubes

Keyboard : Corsair Strafe RGB | Mouse : Razer Deathadder Chroma | Display : Dell S2716DG
post #4017 of 11239 Old 07-29-2016, 07:18 AM

Liked: 2
im here to post about my experience with overclocking, based on witcher 3 game, overclocking 1080 past 1.9ghz is not giving any real benefit, like 0,5fps at most, but going past 1.9ghz will make gpu more power hungry for no reason, like 20-30wats more with no substanial performance improvment, i dont know if my conclusion is correct, but i think gp104 works best at 1.9ghz with 190/200w pt
post #4018 of 11239 Old 07-29-2016, 07:31 AM
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer

Liked: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalafi View Post

Try ARK for laughs.

lol does that game still run as badly as it did a year ago? If so then yeah, it'll be a good laugh and a glaring exception to what I said. Last time I checked nothing can run that game smoothly.

Discussion on the Oversimplification and Removal of Content in Modern Games
How To: Improve Image Quality in Pre-DX10 Games With NVIDIA Inspector
Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition Discussion | [Official] SOMA - Information and Discussion | Deus Ex GMDX Discussion | Day of Infamy Information/Discussion
Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete | Planescape: Torment | Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines | Arcanum | KOTOR series | Dragon Age: Origins | Fallout series | Deus Ex (GMDX) | Anachronox | SOMA | Penumbra | Amnesia | Underhell | Cryostasis | Anna: Extended Edition | Dishonored series | Thief/Thief 2 | S.T.A.L.K.E.R. | Metro series | Rainbow Six 3: Gold | SWAT 4 | Half-Life 2 Cinematic Mod | Garry's Mod | F.E.A.R. | Dark Messiah | Crysis/Crysis Wars | Natural Selection 2 | Unreal Tournament 2004 | Arma 3 | The Talos Principle | MYST | Total War: WARHAMMER series | XCOM 2
post #4019 of 11239 Old 07-29-2016, 07:34 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 4
Is ARK a good game. I am looking for a new game to play. Currently I play: World of Tanks, 7Days to Die, Starcraft, and World of Warships.

post #4020 of 11239 Old 07-29-2016, 07:41 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazexa View Post

Hi there everyone. I just recently picked up two 1080's and am having a bit of an issue, and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. I'm running the latest NVidia driver as of yesterday (7/27/2016). I think it's 389.89? I don't remember exactly. I'm running a Intel i7-6950X on stock clock, 4x8 DDR4 (XMP isn't even enabled at the moment), and two GTX 1080's FE at stock clock. I tested each card individually and together on another machine and they ran fine.

The issue is in certain games, I have a massive coloration issue. But it seems to be ONLY in full screen and ONLY in SLI. There is also screen flicker. The screen gets a very over-saturated look, and has a hue shift in colors.

It will do this (though, seemingly different colors shifts in different aspect ratios) no matter what resolution, just as long as SLI is enabled and games are in full screen. Some games are Doom, and Battlefield 3. I haven't test many others yet.

If a game is in full screen, and I press alt+tab to open up a window in the foreground, the game then shifts to normal colors. But as soon as I click back into the game and it comes up full screen, the colors get all messed up again. Disabling SLI fixes the issue, as well as running in a window.

And not all games experience this. Also, I noticed when changing the API in Doom from Open GL 4.5 to Vulkan, it ran flawlessly with SLI and full screen.

I hate to be "that guy," and quite my own post, but there's been a lot of talk and no one responded. Just trying to ask again, if anyone has had similar issues.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page