We're still locked out of bios mods at this point. Some of the AIB cards allow for a higher TDP if you decide to flash them. However, as juniordnz is finding, the AIB bioses may be associated with a drop in performance relative to the FE bios.
If you want to do the shunt mod, it's very easy. Get a tube of Coolaboratory Liquid Metal Ultra (or pro) and use a q-tip to apply the liquid metal to the top of the resistors circled in the image below. Rub well towards the conductive ends of the resistor to ensure there is a good connection. You're basically just shorting out the resistor. The liquid metal can be removed later with turps without a trace - probably.
Reported TDP will drop significantly. Seems the reported number is not the same as what the card is using to determine when to hit Pwr limit though so you'll have to trial it to find the limits.
I disclaim myself entirely from liability for this information.
Originally Posted by jedimasterben
1.093v rock steady.
Some people (though trusted, not just joe schmoes) are saying that this mod locks clock speeds at low desktop idle, but I shorted the three resistors in question with 63/37 solder and a small piece of 18AWG solid wire, and don't have that problem, and have no attainable TDP limit
I did the 10-Ohm resistor mod on top of capacitors for the actual sense chip, TDP is considerably lower as well. If the card doesn't lock to slow MHz speeds with the shunt resistor(s) shorted, all good. If they do, do the 10-Ohm mod.
I seem to have run into a problem.... Sorry if my post below gives too much detail but I figured it would be good to give as much detail as possible.
My Evga GTX 1080 Founders Edition with a Hybrid mod has been running perfectly well 2139mhz core and 11200mhz memory. So about two weeks ago I, due to stupidity on my part, messed up the cpu socket pins on my RVE and decided to get an Asus X99 Strix Gaming. In doing so I went through the process of reinstalling windows 10. Last weekend I did a dry ice bench session with only my 5930k under dry ice sitting at 5.55ghz on 2 cores and 5.3ghz on all 6 but I was using a fresh installation of Windows 8.1 on another hard drive. All seem to work okay, but I mostly ran some older 3d benchmarks and some 2d benchies.
Today when I tried 3dmark Fire Strike, Time Spy and even 3dmark11 I found that I am getting what could be artifacts, as it looks like red, blue, green and purple flares - good quality actually popping up while benching to the point where the benchmark would fail. I tried reverting back to an older driver but same problem there. It is not that straight and quick for a gpu to regress to that effect. Stock seems to work 100% but overclock only to 2078mhz core and +500 memory.