[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club - Page 514 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #5131 of 11239 Old 08-13-2016, 06:55 PM
Programmer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Why is the EVGA 1080 Classified impossible to find? heck, even evga.com doesn't sell it, wth?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5132 of 11239 Old 08-13-2016, 07:27 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFX View Post

Why is the EVGA 1080 Classified impossible to find? heck, even evga.com doesn't sell it, wth?

Because its totally overpriced lol, I have a 980 Ti Classy and it was an ok card, but this 50$+ premium, ugh. FTW all the way man.
post #5133 of 11239 Old 08-13-2016, 07:28 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gree View Post

Sweet but why a seahawk instead of a gaming z?

Beqause it is watercooled ?

FD Define S | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Intel Core i5-4670K@4700 | MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk | Corsair RM1000i | Swiftech H240X + NexXxos XT 45 | Acer XB280HK 28" 4K G-Sync
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5134 of 11239 Old 08-13-2016, 07:46 PM

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFX View Post

There are a few reports in this thread that classifieds are regularly in stock at microcenter.

Last edited by JohnDean; 07-02-2014 at 10:51 AM.
post #5135 of 11239 Old 08-13-2016, 08:09 PM

Liked: 3
Just got my heatkiller IV blocks and backplates from Aquatuining.us and not very impressed.

They made a shipping box by cutting a bigger one and it was ridiculous, then on top of that they put the backplates on an outside edge with no extra packaging (just the thin plastic bag it comes in) and UPS beat the tar out of it. Opened the box to find both backplates with dents in the corner, and one has 7 screws missing that fell out of the bag, and their ridiculous shipping box.

Then opened the heatkiller blocks to find you cant even see thru the acrylic tops they were so badly machined. Now I have to manually polish them. For the cost I have to say not very impressed.

rolleyes.gif
post #5136 of 11239 Old 08-13-2016, 08:47 PM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolRonZ View Post

price, the sea hawk was cheaper than buying the cheapest gtx1080 and a ek block and that's not even including the black plate..... wink.gif

Fair enough smile.gif i got their overpriced gaming X card cos i didnt want to wait for their other 1080s. Have to say for what i use it for its pretty great. (1440p gaming)

Last edited by andyc56; 07-02-2014 at 11:01 AM.
post #5137 of 11239 Old 08-13-2016, 09:07 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gree View Post

Fair enough smile.gif i got their overpriced gaming X card cos i didnt want to wait for their other 1080s. Have to say for what i use it for its pretty great. (1440p gaming)

nice! I was a little surprised when the blocked the X and not the Z myself.... but hey.... also for some odd reason no one seems to be buying the sea hawk ek here in Canada, its one of the few cards that's actually in stock and remained in stock.... but its got a rock solid 1987 clock out of the box. biggrin.gif
post #5138 of 11239 Old 08-13-2016, 09:11 PM
WaterCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post

Just got my heatkiller IV blocks and backplates from Aquatuining.us and not very impressed.

They made a shipping box by cutting a bigger one and it was ridiculous, then on top of that they put the backplates on an outside edge with no extra packaging (just the thin plastic bag it comes in) and UPS beat the tar out of it. Opened the box to find both backplates with dents in the corner, and one has 7 screws missing that fell out of the bag, and their ridiculous shipping box.

Then opened the heatkiller blocks to find you cant even see thru the acrylic tops they were so badly machined. Now I have to manually polish them. For the cost I have to say not very impressed.

rolleyes.gif

just wow.. so sorry to hear that.... the last couple xspc blocks I have gotten were pretty shoddy too... have gone EK and never had any reason to go anywhere else personally. but I always thought heat killers were right up there in quality tho, but I have never owned any, mainly due to lack of availability here in Canada....
post #5139 of 11239 Old 08-13-2016, 09:58 PM

Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolRonZ View Post

just wow.. so sorry to hear that.... the last couple xspc blocks I have gotten were pretty shoddy too... have gone EK and never had any reason to go anywhere else personally. but I always thought heat killers were right up there in quality tho, but I have never owned any, mainly due to lack of availability here in Canada....

Ya, I have had success and failure with all brands to be honest, but was really hoping that watercool remained at the top of my list. The good thing is the actual waterblocks can be fixed with some elbow grease and some acrylic polish, but the backplates will never go in my rig damaged. For what I paid for them and for shipping from Germany, I will fight for replacement or refund. I am in Canada (Alberta) as well, and after ordered a shipment came into Dazmode.com, or I would have ordered from him for sure. The packaging from Aquatuning was pitiful. Daz doesn't roll like that...

I am sure the Heatkillers will be pretty awesome once I find time to polish them wink.gif

Here is some photos...

post #5140 of 11239 Old 08-13-2016, 10:24 PM
WaterCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post

Ya, I have had success and failure with all brands to be honest, but was really hoping that watercool remained at the top of my list. The good thing is the actual waterblocks can be fixed with some elbow grease and some acrylic polish, but the backplates will never go in my rig damaged. For what I paid for them and for shipping from Germany, I will fight for replacement or refund. I am in Canada (Alberta) as well, and after ordered a shipment came into Dazmode.com, or I would have ordered from him for sure. The packaging from Aquatuning was pitiful. Daz doesn't roll like that...

I am sure the Heatkillers will be pretty awesome once I find time to polish them wink.gif

oh ok, all the best on that one bro. I have personally never bought from aquatuning, its either swiftech, ekweb or performance pcs if I had to go out of Canada.
ya I love dazmode, I try to support daz as much as I can. he's got a good amount of EK blocks for the 1080/1070 FE last time I checked. biggrin.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page