Audiophile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wk View Post

Anybody here with G-Sync monitor ?
Can somebody confirm that possibly new 1070/1080 drivers are causing G-Sync to glitch ?
As example in this video at Dragon's Dogma startup.. no matter whether g-sync is set to fullscreen or windowed/fullscreen.. when G-Sync is disabled it does not do this.
https://youtu.be/W4xowhKpNrY

I have the same monitor and do not have any issues. Using the DP cable that came with the monitor. Just saw your edit. MSI AB has always caused issues for me as far back as I can remember. I think its crap software just like MSI's products. I wouldn't use it.

Killer Axe.... Its all about the band.gif I am a guitar player not an axe murderer

WHY you should NEVER buy an MSI motherboard gunner.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 9578 Old 06-28-2016, 11:05 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 9
Thanks, yeah It seems that it is related to afterburner.. I will test more tomorrow but after I quit afterburner I didn't got such issue while launching Dragon's Dogma

Do you guys have any alternative for fan profiles.. OC and so on ? Is Gigabyte Xtreme app good ?

Steam: xH4wK, Twitter: @xH4wK, Discord: xH4wK#8490
post #253 of 9578 Old 06-28-2016, 11:09 AM
Audiophile

Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wk View Post

Thanks, yeah It seems that it is related to afterburner.. I will test more tomorrow but after I quit afterburner I didn't got such issue while launching Dragon's Dogma

Do you guys have any alternative for fan profiles.. OC and so on ? Is Gigabyte Xtreme app good ?

I am currently using the Xtreme app version 1.02 and it is perfect so far. The original release had an OSD built in but it was causing issues so they dropped it on the next release.

Killer Axe.... Its all about the band.gif I am a guitar player not an axe murderer

WHY you should NEVER buy an MSI motherboard gunner.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #254 of 9578 Old 06-28-2016, 12:13 PM

Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazerLeon View Post

I am quite impressed with the 1070 Gaming X so far. Without touching anything in MSI Afterburner, my card boosts to 1980 odd Mhz. I now run it at +100Mhz, 126%, and a fixed fan speed of 50% (I literally cannot hear it; I have to open up my case and put my ear up against it, and even then it's soooooo quiet it's unreal.) My max boost is now 2076Mhz, and it settles back down to 2032Mhz after hours at max load, 1440p gameplay, at stock voltage. The absolute max temperature the card has reached is precisely 70'C in a hot room. I can't imagine how cool it will be when the winter gets here, haha.

What core numbers are those of you with MSI 1070 Gaming Xs seeing? Just curious.

Mine is struggling to do + 50 MHz at the moment....i am thinking in sending it back mad.gif

Seasonic XGOLD Powered - RYZEN 1700 iced by EnermaxLiqtech/ Hero VI / Vengeance 16gb / Fury / PhanteksEclipse

The best system is one that strives for balance!

devil.gif| 5ghz 24/7 club| devil.gif
post #255 of 9578 Old 06-28-2016, 03:41 PM
Audiophile

Liked: 155
Alright, so I added my card to the list. I don't have much other info right now. Not even pics. It's in my current system, which was moved to another older case. It's kind of all over the place because it was the only case I had to even fit the card in. Thank goodness for removable drive bays. Anyway, carry on.

post-flame-small.gif OCN's 東方 Project Thread post-flame-small.gif OCN's Anime/Manga Club post-flame-small.gif

Don't Forget. Always, somewhere, someone is always fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
post #256 of 9578 Old 06-28-2016, 08:35 PM

Liked: 0
As some might know, Newegg had a strict "replacement only" return policy with the 1070s they were selling. I originally bought the Gigabyte Founders Edition, and deeply regretted it after getting 85C load temps. Decided to take a chance and talk to Customer Care. They decided to refund my entire purchase, and I ended up buying the EVGA 1070 SC (AIB) card. All in all turned out to be $20 cheaper than the FE, and I'll be working with drastically lower temps. Pretty happy with Newegg right now!

post #257 of 9578 Old 06-28-2016, 09:05 PM

Liked: 13
just gotten mine, biggrin.gif
anyone have any idea how to make the rbg led to works, cant tweak it with the gigabyte software.

thks thks

post #258 of 9578 Old 06-28-2016, 09:09 PM

Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopy View Post

just gotten mine, biggrin.gif
anyone have any idea how to make the rbg led to works, cant tweak it with the gigabyte software.

thks thks

Should work just fine using their Xtreme Engine utility.

The G1 was too long for my full size (7 year old) case.
So I sold it to my dad and installed it for him. RGB function worked easily.

My EVGA 1070 SC should be here at the end of this week. I know that one will fit for sure.
post #259 of 9578 Old 06-28-2016, 09:21 PM

Liked: 17
just got this in the mail today gonna open and install now smile.gifsmile.gif

post #260 of 9578 Old 06-28-2016, 09:33 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by prey1337 View Post

Should work just fine using their Xtreme Engine utility.

The G1 was too long for my full size (7 year old) case.
So I sold it to my dad and installed it for him. RGB function worked easily.

My EVGA 1070 SC should be here at the end of this week. I know that one will fit for sure.

did u install the utility first or nvidia driver first?

maybe ill try DDU and purge the nvdia driver and install the gigabyte engine first.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page