question about ocing my 8800 gtx sli - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-24-2008, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter
333mhz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
so in gpuz it says 600/900 but i was noticing ppl posting on another thread that default was 600/1800, just curious if im supposed to x 2 that, or if mine are f'd up. lol, sorry im new to this.

also what is a safe temp?

i-r=<0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-24-2008, 03:23 AM
Overclocker

Liked: 158
Yup it's just double your memory clock. 900x2=1800. I don't have the exact facts about it though. As for temps, I heard those 8800gtx get pretty hot but I think average temps are around 50-60C. So keep your temps around that range or lower. Have fun overclocking that GTX

wave2.gif The OCN Anime/Manga Club wave2.gif

cheers.gif English Subs drunken.gifgunner2.gif English Dubs sniper.gif
wink.gif Hentai is just anime... wink.gifbiggrin.gif ...with adult content. biggrin.gifsmile.gif Nothing more. Nothing Less. smile.gifmad.gif Screw the hate. mad.gif

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #3 of 4 Old 04-24-2008, 03:29 AM - Thread Starter
333mhz

Liked: 1
well the thing is right now im monitoring an overclock of 650/2006 and my temps are hitting on riva tuner

gpu core 66
gpu core 53
then one more says 62, so im confused, which is which and is this unsafe gpuz reads it as 43 and 53 on atitool , so whats what here lol

im testing on atittool at the moment 11min in no errors ive seen posts of people running them higher than mine, but im not sure.

this link shows way hotter temps than what im getting http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/1362...oc-thread.html

i-r=<0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-24-2008, 05:02 AM
Overclocker

Liked: 158
I use rivatuner to monitor gpu temps also. The actual gpu temps should be labeled "Core Temperature 0" and "Core Temperature 1" that is displayed on the "Hardware Monitoring".

Main -> Customize -> Hardware Monitoring

I'm no expert on this but I know this for sure since I've messed with fan speeds for both of my GPUs before with temps lowering as I upped either fan speed. But the thing is that you're also using Windows Vista so it could be different. As for which is the correct reading...focus on ATITool and Rivatuner for accurate temps. Both those and Ntune gave me the same/very similar temps...while GPU-Z was was off .

You probably shouldn't have to worry too much on temps exceeding 60C since I read people idle around those temps also. However, if you start having problems that may have to do with heat like artifacts/restarts/BSOD/freezes when overclocking then you may have to find some better cooling/airflow. The results of better cooling does effect your overclock stability. Example...stock cooler/56C Idle/Couldn't even pass 650mhz...aftermarket cooler/42C Idle/Overclocked at 687mhz now. Hope this helped you out a little. This is the first time I've given a long explanation like this lol .

wave2.gif The OCN Anime/Manga Club wave2.gif

cheers.gif English Subs drunken.gifgunner2.gif English Dubs sniper.gif
wink.gif Hentai is just anime... wink.gifbiggrin.gif ...with adult content. biggrin.gifsmile.gif Nothing more. Nothing Less. smile.gifmad.gif Screw the hate. mad.gif

Chimp Challenge Participant 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page