When XFX turns bad... (and then turns good again!) - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 99 Old 07-09-2008, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 823
So, i bought a 8800gts 320mb last summer and it broke under warranty. If you look at my past post history, you'll see a lot of threads about crashing graphics cards. So, anyway, i RMA the card thinking, they'll sort this out and all will be good. Christ on rollerblades.... was i wrong?

Firstly, i admit, they were helpful in the fact that they still accepted my card for RMA despite the original retailer going into liquidation. The problems start when they run the tests and tell me there is nothing wrong with the card. No fault found, no problems, no nothing.... apart from the fact the card crashes whilst i'm playing. "Maybe it's a problem with your computer, sir". I buy a EVGA 8800GT SC and to this present day, no issues, zero, zilch. "Well, under extensive testing, no faults were found, sir."

Okay, so i'm a tad annoyed at this point. But, if they say "No problems", that's fine. I sell it on with XFX's double lifetime warranty. If the next user has issues, that's their problem. At this point, i'd like to point out all communication was done through the shockingly inept java based E-Mesage system on their site. I go to respond to them and ask for my card back. Oh, no, their site won't upload or send any messages. I can't respond to them via the e-message system. The ticket remains "idle". So, i go to select "LiveHelp" like i had done in the past. But, the link is dead, does nothing, maybe i've been banned from using it (i tried to use it twice last time and they disconnected me immediately and told me to use my ticket).

So, i can't communicate via their website? I wait a week to see whether the site sorts itself out, but alas, no. I'll ring them, "U.K. Tech support (60p/minute)"??? Sixty Pence perminute? I'm not that loaded. Anyway, i ring them and tell them the site won't work properly,

Me: "i can't respond to my RMA as your site won't send my messages"...

XFX: "ah, yes, the site does seem slow, sir"

Me: "Well, it's working at a perfect speed for me, it's just i can't send a message or update my RMA status. I have been waiting for a we...."

XFX: "Yes, i know sir, we'll look into it (brushes me off). Try again later or tomorrow. Goodbye sir."

That, conversation is apparently worth 60p? I'm not so sure myself.

So, now, i'm stuck waiting for XFX to fix a site they refuse to believe is actually broken. I can't respond or update my RMA or even give them my damn address to send me back my card. I'm not calling again to waste my money on a rude Northern man (I have no beef with Northerners. You're lovely people ).

My RMA started 07/06/2008 (7th June) and it is now 09/07/2008 (9th July). It has been over a month now.

If the site doesn't work tomorrow, this Government Consumer Direct letter is going their way with threats of the small claims court. Maybe they'll listen then?

:swearing: </rant>

P.S. I forgot to add i had to ring them to actually force them to answer my RMA... another 60p...

Anyone else had any bad RMA experiences?

Just take a poo on his lawn, that'll sort it. Then say his slutty daughter did it. - ace8uk (2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 99 Old 07-09-2008, 08:28 AM
the doctor

Liked: 399
sad time for you UK gamers :[ yo0u guys always get shafted

Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey.
post #3 of 99 Old 07-09-2008, 08:33 AM
IT Nut

Liked: 676
Send a message via AIM to trueg50 Send a message via Yahoo to trueg50
More XFX issues?

It seems like everyone has had issues with them low-balling them, or them being very rude.

I sent them a ticket about my 7900GT fan being very loud, and that I want to be able to adjust the fan speed. They sent me one e-mail with 2 attachments, one was their logo, and the other was a .bin that I can only assume was a BIOS or something.

No "have a wonderful day", no instructions, nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 99 Old 07-09-2008, 08:43 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 169
Send a message via MSN to JoBlo69
I am state side and have had weird things said to me from XFX when i filed an RMA for my 640mb GTS 6 months back...

I told them that i tested the card in several PC's and all showed exactly the same problems, and they still insisted i do more "trial and error" steps before i can come to the conclusion the card is not working and needs to be RMA'd...

Really strange customer support IMO. It's like they don't know how bad it is, or do know and dont care...??
post #5 of 99 Old 07-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
XFX Is usually pretty good about this stuff. Though I still recommend eVGA. Just bad luck I think.
post #6 of 99 Old 07-09-2008, 09:21 AM
1.7ghz

Liked: 19
Send a message via AIM to Biskitz Send a message via MSN to Biskitz Send a message via Yahoo to Biskitz Send a message via Skype™ to Biskitz
imo BFG has the best RMA service. I say this because, whether you register the card or not, or if it is registered in someone else's name they'll still RMA it for you.
post #7 of 99 Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 AM
IT Nut

Liked: 676
Send a message via AIM to trueg50 Send a message via Yahoo to trueg50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biskitz View Post
imo BFG has the best RMA service. I say this because, whether you register the card or not, or if it is registered in someone else's name they'll still RMA it for you.
I loved theirs.

With my 7900GT, I just called them up, gave them my name, address, and the problem, and they sent me an e-mail, I just printed out the slip, taped it to the box, and shipped it out.
post #8 of 99 Old 07-10-2008, 05:26 AM
XFX
Commodore 64

Liked: 52
Hi There Alex98Uk, At XFX we are always interested and concerned that our customers get the best customer service and support from us, of course we are interested about what you are saying and would like to ensure your experience is looked at in detail and direct communication is the best way to improve future consumer experience, please contact us with your ticket number details and we will look into this immediately, we of course value your business and as a customer of XFX we want to ensure your next choice is an XFX card as we are definitely not a sell it and forget it company and we welcome your opinion and we are always listening, you can send me an email through my profile, kind regards XFX
superk likes this.
post #9 of 99 Old 07-10-2008, 05:33 AM
You're a daisy if you do.

Liked: 152
Send a message via MSN to lemans81 Send a message via Yahoo to lemans81 Send a message via Skype™ to lemans81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biskitz View Post
Except for the fact that no one works there and its a minimum 30 minute hold when you call. In fact the last time I called I was on hold an hour and fifteen minutes. I also lost faith in them a few years back, before I got into gaming more than casually(or playing d2) my main rig was running an old pci FX5500. Well it died about 2 months after install for no reason, ok rma(other than long hold time all went well). I gave the card to my sister a month later, well 6 months after that it died again. So I rma'ed it, but not before I got a lecture on how its probably my power supply(it was in two completely different computers with over 400W psu's), and that if I rma'ed it again that they would void my warranty.

So evga for me only if I buy nvidia.

If you can judge a wise man
By the color of his skin
Then mister you're a better man than I
-Aerosmith Livin' on the Edge
post #10 of 99 Old 07-10-2008, 05:40 AM
Forum Manager

Liked: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by phospholipid View Post
sad time for you UK gamers :[ yo0u guys always get shafted
Not sure where you get that from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFX View Post
Hi There Alex98Uk, At XFX we are always interested and concerned that our customers get the best customer service and support from us, of course we are interested about what you are saying and would like to ensure your experience is looked at in detail and direct communication is the best way to improve future consumer experience, please contact us with your ticket number details and we will look into this immediately, we of course value your business and as a customer of XFX we want to ensure your next choice is an XFX card as we are definitely not a sell it and forget it company and we welcome your opinion and we are always listening, you can send me an email through my profile, kind regards XFX
Hello. I am surprised to see an XFX REP arrive here. However if you are indeed legit then how does he go about EFFECTIVELY communicating with you as it seems he has nothing but trouble as im sure you have read.

Can you promise effective communication between yourselves and Alex to resolve the situation ?

Welcome to Overclock
grouphug.gif Fold for the Cause, Fold for the People grouphug.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page