Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 12-10-2005, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter
333mhz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi Everybody
I have 2X gtx Extreme Gamers 7800. I used the Detect Optimum Settings and used thse settings. All seemed ok and then while playing a game the screen frooze and the screen went all messed up with lines (artifacts i think you call them)etc. I managed to reboot and change all the setting back to defult and thought all was ok but then it done it again. Now everytime i boot the system, the monitor wont start and wheni start it manually the screen stays all messed up etc. I think i may have permently damanged the cards. Can anybody help me try and find out what the prob is
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-15-2005, 09:51 PM
2.4ghz

Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymilk
Hi Everybody
I have 2X gtx Extreme Gamers 7800. I used the Detect Optimum Settings and used thse settings. All seemed ok and then while playing a game the screen frooze and the screen went all messed up with lines (artifacts i think you call them)etc. I managed to reboot and change all the setting back to defult and thought all was ok but then it done it again. Now everytime i boot the system, the monitor wont start and wheni start it manually the screen stays all messed up etc. I think i may have permently damanged the cards. Can anybody help me try and find out what the prob is
Thanks
Hi welcome to the forums. Make sure you fill out your computer profile under the USER CP menu at the top. We need to know what type of system you have to help. For starters, I would recommend uninstalling your graphics card drivers and downloading the latest version of it at www.nvidia.com . Try that and post your results here.
crazymilk likes this.

2.85 ghz @ 1.6v on Air biggrin.gif
"Inspiration is best defined as a memory never expirenced."
"If pacman had affected us as kids we 'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetetive electronic music."Nintendo made this statement in 1989 to defend the fact that computer games do not affect kids.

How do I see which programs on my computer are trying to connect to the internet? F.A.Q

post #3 of 9 Old 12-15-2005, 10:02 PM
audio aficionado

Liked: 593
when you use coolbits to auto detect it only goes by the main card... it totally ignors the second. You may have set the clocks too high for the second card and overheated it.

I would suggest trying the cards separately and reinstall your drivers
crazymilk likes this.

Current Sound: ODAC > SA Reference IC > Musical Paradise MP-301 6v6 tube amp> Tekton Designs 4.1 loudspeakers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-16-2005, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter
333mhz

Thanks guys, i have swapped the cards and re installed the latest drivers and only one seems to be knackered. Is it possoible to oc both cards using coolbits or is there a better program to use?
post #5 of 9 Old 12-16-2005, 05:53 AM
audio aficionado

it is possible to OC both cards using cool bits. just start out with one card and find the maxes for each. once you know what speeds each card is capaple of...then just take the lowest OC and use that. it's not quite as fast, but with 2 GTX's you won't really notice a difference anyway as they'll be bottlenecked by your cpu anyway.

Current Sound: ODAC > SA Reference IC > Musical Paradise MP-301 6v6 tube amp> Tekton Designs 4.1 loudspeakers

post #6 of 9 Old 12-16-2005, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter
333mhz

Thanks m8, i wont bother with oc'ing the cards then. I have the fx57 by the way so does that mean i will still get a bttleneck if i did oc the cards?
post #7 of 9 Old 12-16-2005, 11:29 PM
audio aficionado

well you probably would inless your cpu is overclocked.

I'm not really sure... people tell me that I should have a faster cpu for my 7800GT. I'm not really sure if there is a bottle neck or not...but the gaming performance is great so I'm not going to complain!

post #8 of 9 Old 12-21-2005, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter
333mhz

Firstly happy christmas everyone and thank you all so much for you help over the past months, it has been a steep learning curve for me this year being my first build but yo guys have made it much easier, so thanks

I have had some probs with my cards latley ( as you can see) and i am finding now ( i only have one card in still at the mo, waiting for the replacement second card to come through)that very randomly i get a level on one of my games that on screen there is loads of flashing and corruption, only in certian areas of the map(i think that the best way of desribing it) of the graphics.

Any one got any ideas??
would it be driver corruption?
post #9 of 9 Old 12-22-2005, 10:10 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 43
I'd say reinstall the game.

Read my FAQ on why your CPU is running slower than rated!
"Benchies? I want fps/inch in crysis."
-McStuff
"O, hai! Want som pRon? Dwnlod ths kodk frst. Its teh bst pRonz ever, we prmis."
-GibbyGano

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page