Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-29-2006, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter
ČøñЯδe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Nvidia GeForce Go 7900 GS is produced using 90nm process technology and is based on the recently introduced GeForce 7900-series graphics processing units (GPU). The GeForce 7900 GS has 20 pixel processors, 7 vertex processors and is clocked at 375MHz, a relatively low clock-speed, something which should ensure very moderate power consumption of the new GPU. Nvidia recommends to use 256MB of 1000MHz GDDR3 memory with 256-bit along with the new mobile graphics chip.
Seems Like a very good desktop replacement for a fair price of $1999
Full Story Here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Angry Linux Gamer

Liked: 632
I never understood the point of performance level graphics on laptops. A laptop is for business on the go, desktops for everything else. I guess if you use your laptop as a desktop replacement, but either way, you cut on your battery life (unless you are plugged in, which in my opinion kills the purpose of a laptop) and it generates to much heat. However, I do like the fact that manufactures keep making smaller, more compact hardware.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-29-2006, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter
ČøñЯδe

Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcar
I never understood the point of performance level graphics on laptops. A laptop is for business on the go, desktops for everything else. I guess if you use your laptop as a desktop replacement, but either way, you cut on your battery life (unless you are plugged in, which in my opinion kills the purpose of a laptop) and it generates to much heat. However, I do like the fact that manufactures keep making smaller, more compact hardware.
Yea I get what you are saying. However just recentally I was looking for a laptop of this caliber for a desktop replacement because whenever I would be gaming it would be plugged in, then whenever i needed to take it somewhere, most of the time it would be for things other than gaming. I think thats the logic behind it all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Angry Linux Gamer

Liked: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerohour
Yea I get what you are saying. However just recentally I was looking for a laptop of this caliber for a desktop replacement because whenever I would be gaming it would be plugged in, then whenever i needed to take it somewhere, most of the time it would be for things other than gaming. I think thats the logic behind it all.

But those things are usually huge. I much prefer carrying a 5lb. laptop over a 10lb. "mini desktop". To each their own I guess.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page