Next tattoo too extreme? - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 66 Old 04-13-2008, 03:53 PM
 
GI_Manny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 121
tattos are hella rad. my next tattoo: (based off the graphic on the board)



has no sentimental value, i just love suicidal tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtbash go_quote.gif
I WOULD DRAG MY GENTLEMEN VEGETABLES THROUGH A MILE OF BROKEN GLASS JUST TO HEAR HER FART THROUGH A WALKIE-TALKIE
GI_Manny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 66 Old 04-13-2008, 03:59 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
wigseryc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wales
Posts: 5,857
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Right on, bruh!

feels good man.

wigseryc is offline  
post #13 of 66 Old 04-13-2008, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter
We'll go where eagles dare
 
IcedEarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 9,772
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Send a message via Skype™ to IcedEarth
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInformationator View Post
I think the reason people tend to think it's important for there to be sentimental value is because if there isn't any higher value to it, then it's just a random marking on your body, and before you know it you're 50 years old with a bunch of stupid tattoos and no stories behind them. Piercings are easily reversible and so very small compared to a tattoo.

It never hurts to honestly consider why you have the desire to get a tattoo. Otherwise, it may very well be a poorly considered impulse that you regret later.
Yea i must agree with that point. Ear opening ect are reversible to an extent.

I know what you mean about the whole 50 years old situation. But then when i am 50 i won't be happy with my body regardless.

I didn't design it nah, lol funnily enough it is just something that was on my mates fridge/freezer

My only concern is what Informationator posted. It looks like you are trying too hard, i would be fine with this with tattoos on my arm. But a huge tattoo on my chest, if it would make me feel uncomfortable. And that's no good lol

On the other hand, i seriously want it

I agree about him looking angry, i was going to get the design made unique anyways and was going to request he didn't look as angry lol

My only problem is, it is a bit gothic. And whilst i like the design, personally i don't think i 'fit the bill'

I'm not a goth, nor a mosher, nor emo or whatever stereotype you have in the US. I'm just an average guy who likes to drink and lift a few weights ect.....so this may look really odd on me.

I dunno, maybe i care too much about how others perceive me

That skateboard design looks amazing

I R Edwud!


MMA > All other sports


cheers.gif British Overclockers Club
cheers.gif
IcedEarth is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 66 Old 04-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Infraction Magnet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: At the end of the rainbow
Posts: 6,619
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Do you want your grandkids to see that?

Looks good, but meh..I would be scared on you on the beach I think, because umm, it means not too much hehe

offtopic.gif
iampoor is offline  
post #15 of 66 Old 04-13-2008, 06:01 PM
4.0ghz
 
shawnjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 800
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedEarth View Post
Yea i must agree with that point. Ear opening ect are reversible to an extent.

I know what you mean about the whole 50 years old situation. But then when i am 50 i won't be happy with my body regardless.

I didn't design it nah, lol funnily enough it is just something that was on my mates fridge/freezer

My only concern is what Informationator posted. It looks like you are trying too hard, i would be fine with this with tattoos on my arm. But a huge tattoo on my chest, if it would make me feel uncomfortable. And that's no good lol

On the other hand, i seriously want it

I agree about him looking angry, i was going to get the design made unique anyways and was going to request he didn't look as angry lol

My only problem is, it is a bit gothic. And whilst i like the design, personally i don't think i 'fit the bill'

I'm not a goth, nor a mosher, nor emo or whatever stereotype you have in the US. I'm just an average guy who likes to drink and lift a few weights ect.....so this may look really odd on me.

I dunno, maybe i care too much about how others perceive me

That skateboard design looks amazing
to be honest, I think that tatoo looks really sick. I woudln't get it, but it does look really good.

On the other hand, if it was me personally, I would get one with sentimental value behind it, as the other posters are hinting at. If there's no sentimental value, it's just a random marking, and thus, seems a little impulsive.

I got one with my girlfriends name on it. Yeah, I know what everyone told me, I'm still with her, and I never regretted it since I got it. It has a lot of meaning since it's her name, and i'm head over heals.

On the other hand, it's your body, and you can do what you want.

Ultimately, I'd get something with a little more thought behind it.
shawnjo is offline  
post #16 of 66 Old 04-13-2008, 06:05 PM
1.7ghz
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'd put it on your forehead- just above your eyebrows!


The AMERICAN Overclockers!
http://www.overclock.net/off-topic/3...rclockers.html

CPUZ VALIDATION:http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=711648

8 GIGS (+) OF MEMORY CLUB
http://www.overclock.net/intel-memor...mory-club.html

The quality of a man's life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.
XJBluto is offline  
post #17 of 66 Old 04-13-2008, 06:05 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*
 
CudaBoy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,969
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Send a message via Yahoo to CudaBoy71
G I how old r u? just asking too see how you know about suicidal..lol I too love em..
On another note anyone remember that song good friends and a bottle of pills??
Thats how I got my last tat..lolz
Also not to jck the thread..but will my avai get me into trouble?
CudaBoy71 is offline  
post #18 of 66 Old 04-13-2008, 06:16 PM
 
GI_Manny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by CudaBoy71 View Post
G I how old r u? just asking too see how you know about suicidal..lol I too love em..
On another note anyone remember that song good friends and a bottle of beer??
Thats how I got my last tat..lolz
Also not to jck the thread..but will my avai get me into trouble?
i turn 21 on the 18th. I've been listening to ST for about 5 or 6 years. I cant get enough of them, nothing they have put out has gotten old (well atleast the old stuff, Rocky George FTW). and they are great to skate to with the dudes. Thats why im getting the possessed to skate tattoo. love ST and love skatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtbash go_quote.gif
I WOULD DRAG MY GENTLEMEN VEGETABLES THROUGH A MILE OF BROKEN GLASS JUST TO HEAR HER FART THROUGH A WALKIE-TALKIE
GI_Manny is offline  
post #19 of 66 Old 04-13-2008, 06:21 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*
 
CudaBoy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,969
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Send a message via Yahoo to CudaBoy71
CudaBoy71 is offline  
post #20 of 66 Old 04-13-2008, 09:10 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*
 
ILOVEPOTtery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fourth and Gulf Coasts
Posts: 935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 82
If you're feeling extra froggy, have the tat look like he's tearing out of your insides.

That's a pretty sweet graphic, but I think something like that looks better airbrushed than a tattoo. Its a little too menacing for me to wear as body art.

@ GI_Manny: sweet tat. PS, get some bigger trucks

~Dum Vivimus Bibamus~
ILOVEPOTtery is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off