post #21 of 24 Old 07-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Retired Staff

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Magix View Post
Why would you bootleg DX10 on vista when DX10 is native to vista?
You heard wrong. Vista has been kicked into full swing. Either way I'm not getting into a flame war about XP vs Vista. Vista is the way to go now, even if you don't like it.
Vista is most certaintly NOT the way to go for older games like the ones he mentioned.

With new games and dx10, Vista is required. With older titles though, XP is far superior.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 07-02-2008, 01:13 PM
★★★★what the pho★★★★

Liked: 477
Wait, let me get this straight--how is XP outdated already? Simply not having as much support from M$ does not automatically make an OS outdated. I'd say 98 is outdated, but XP? Nah, not yet. Also, it's not like stuff suddenly stops working in XP just 'cause M$ says they've "officially" dropped support for it. The old games you're playing will still play just fine, and something tells me, life will go on for us XP users despite the shift towards Vista, and given the age of the games you're playing, XP might be better (though I can't say for certain).

To be honest, while XP should be fine and dandy for you, I'd say stick with Vista anyway if game performance is fine. Is this your sig rig we're talking about?

Originally Posted by arbalest go_quote.gif
...not needed unless you actually need it for something.
post #23 of 24 Old 07-02-2008, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter
733mhz

Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyladouche View Post
Wait, let me get this straight--how is XP outdated already? Simply not having as much support from M$ does not automatically make an OS outdated. I'd say 98 is outdated, but XP? Nah, not yet. Also, it's not like stuff suddenly stops working in XP just 'cause M$ says they've "officially" dropped support for it. The old games you're playing will still play just fine, and something tells me, life will go on for us XP users despite the shift towards Vista, and given the age of the games you're playing, XP might be better (though I can't say for certain).

To be honest, while XP should be fine and dandy for you, I'd say stick with Vista anyway if game performance is fine. Is this your sig rig we're talking about?
srry left for a bit...

Now that I have tried Bichta with all its features, XP just seems onld fashioned. there are so many small little tweaks that make Vista easier to use. I still dont like Bichta, but it's still better than XP.
As far as XP being outdated, that is completely opinion, your right. As long as there is something better (for what ur doin) than the older version of windows, the old version of windows is oudated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 Old 07-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Angry Linux Gamer

Liked: 632
Linux. Since you will be playing mostly older titles, you can get away with Wine, and some may have even been ported by now (or they have open source versions).

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page