Folding Team Competition Results (Updated July Final, 2010) - Page 115 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1141 of 1980 Old 05-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Audiophile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_option101 View Post
Nah, don't worry about it We all miss things from time to time (insert cheesy comment about The Duke's camera)
he really does need to find it soon

#1 - The first rule of Infraction Club is, you do not talk about Infraction Club.
#2 - The second rule of Infraction Club is, you DO NOT talk about Infraction Club!!

Basically Random Idiotic Terrible Insanely Stupid Humour
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1980 Old 05-23-2008, 09:50 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 393
Ok, just wanted to make sure people understood my posistion. I am generally fun and easy going, but I get a little ticked when something like this happens. I would understand if Taeric had posted SOMETHING about it, but as there was no rule/regulation, I didn't understand why we were penalized/marked down or whatever it was.

Whatever Taeric thinks is best is what will happen

~Gooda~

Start folding HERE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgheseger go_quote.gif
Wow...

I never thought i'd have to say this, but any penis pictures will net you a hefty infraction mmkay?
Engineering Sample CPUs: Q6600 B0 - Xeon E3110 (E8400) E0 - E5400 (possibly) - E8400 (possibly)
post #1143 of 1980 Old 05-23-2008, 10:22 PM
NoBody

Liked: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havegooda View Post
Ok, just wanted to make sure people understood my posistion. I am generally fun and easy going, but I get a little ticked when something like this happens. I would understand if Taeric had posted SOMETHING about it, but as there was no rule/regulation, I didn't understand why we were penalized/marked down or whatever it was.

Whatever Taeric thinks is best is what will happen

~Gooda~

I understand what ya mean, obviously when it was a drastic decrease as it was, makes you kinda rethink the whole team switching process and all. Maybe it should be a bit more defined.

Then again, Team stick together now. If we lose one man we lose all. lol
It's war gentlemen, and war is not pretty

Chimp Challenge Participant  4 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1144 of 1980 Old 05-25-2008, 02:52 AM
Bioweapon

Liked: 1287
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7racer View Post
You don't limit your folding power, don't do that just to be on a team. Simply use them to help pimp you team out and just give the points to the team name not your folding name so you still show folding power of that team.

But only 8 cores counted max being 3 to any one person. Those will be counted in the competition but the team name points are just well donated points to a good cause.

And I guess keep in mind it is not meant for power folders, just you know single rig owners or single folding rig owners but so you can kinda have that extra push to encourage folding, what better than a competition.
that made no sense... or is it just me?

So regardless of the rules? We can still fold with more then the permitted core numbers? Ive been holding back all my rigs just to be on a team.

[Project] Ω Reestablished / [Project]Nemesis i7 Revival
"A new Genesis is at hand, and I shall be its creator!"~Albert Wesker
"The best case mods are never finished, but in a perpetual state of evolution."~Flux
"Do not let the kindness of your heart be sullied by the underhandedness and lack of sincerity of those that you cross paths with." ~ Syrillian

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #1145 of 1980 Old 05-25-2008, 03:34 AM
The Odd Mod

Liked: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post

So regardless of the rules? We can still fold with more then the permitted core numbers? Ive been holding back all my rigs just to be on a team.
Fold 2 or 3 cores for the team (depending how many cores your fellow team members fold on), and the rest under ANOTHER name for team 37726.

What often happens is that a member folds with two cores for a team, and then with another rig under the 'teamname'. I fold as 'chozart' for the team, and then as 'Just_be_Cause' for on my own once I get another folding rig going (which is Just be Cause).

However, given your comment 'all your rigs', why not fold solo and go for the solo prizes?

1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #1146 of 1980 Old 05-25-2008, 10:25 AM
NoBody

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post

Yea, sorry if it didn't make sense. I use my E6750 for rx7racer and team 37726 which folds for Team_The_Replacements. So the points under that username are counted for the competition. I also have my E2180 and my AMD folding under the name Team_The_Replacements for team 37726 but those points are just donated they have nothing to do with the team cmpetition. I'm just saying if you read the rules tearic has he has it stated right there, Don't quit folding on a rig just to be on a team.

And as Chozart said, if you have that many rigs why aren't you just farming solo??

post #1147 of 1980 Old 05-25-2008, 11:31 AM
4.0ghz

Well, apparently the points are only counted for people who are ACTIVE on a team, and if say someone who had 50k points leaves and is replaced...you lose that 50k.

I think we need a rules update, because I doubt most people here knew about it.

~Gooda~

Start folding HERE!
Quote:
Wow...

I never thought i'd have to say this, but any penis pictures will net you a hefty infraction mmkay?
Engineering Sample CPUs: Q6600 B0 - Xeon E3110 (E8400) E0 - E5400 (possibly) - E8400 (possibly)
post #1148 of 1980 Old 05-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Audiophile

Liked: 206
Quote:
Well, apparently the points are only counted for people who are ACTIVE on a team, and if say someone who had 50k points leaves and is replaced...you lose that 50k.

~Gooda~
That situation would suck

#1 - The first rule of Infraction Club is, you do not talk about Infraction Club.
#2 - The second rule of Infraction Club is, you DO NOT talk about Infraction Club!!

Basically Random Idiotic Terrible Insanely Stupid Humour
post #1149 of 1980 Old 05-25-2008, 11:39 AM
4.0ghz

Well, that's how it is. Taeric replied to my PM with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeric
You can't mix and match team members within a month. You get all of the points for your current team only.
Maybe we should kick FreeRoller off and have Johan back until the end of the month. That way we'd win fo' 'sho. Manipulate the system baby.

~Gooda~

Start folding HERE!
Quote:
Wow...

post #1150 of 1980 Old 05-25-2008, 11:39 AM
NoBody

Quote:

~Gooda~
That's the way I figured it worked. I see what you mean by it sucking but well I don't know I'll shut up know.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page