Forum Jump: 

post #2341 of 3773 Old 01-23-2008, 05:13 AM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Hi Shajbot,

The "other" thread beats us every time taeric posts results in there.... We should anticipate that, and hijack those results to our thread! That would be easier than pictures... I think. he,he,he

Speaking of the results - Folders Inc is 9th place

1 126657 Team owners
2 110878 Team Just Be Cause
3 104848 Team Smirnoff FTW
4 86154 Team C2D
5 82917 Team CPU Burners
6 68640 Team Unknown
7 66505 Team Overclock Foldowzers
8 61279 Team Victorious Secret
9 60803 Team Folders Inc.
10 44000 Team Angry Penguins

Keep those folding rigs going boys and turn up the OC's! :-)

BTW - This is our 235th page on this thread!

"Fold for the cause, Fold for OCN" thumb.gif

Chimp Challenge Participant  Overclock.net - 2010 Foldathon Participant  100 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2342 of 3773 Old 01-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Fortran lives!

Liked: 281
Damn, this thread is getting long!

I'm a graduate student, and I develop HPC codes in Fortran and Matlab to make the world better.
My user name too long or weird for you? Feel free to call me LBN. FYI, it's French for "the black box."
Official OCN Camera Thread | Flickr | Camera Stuff: Nikon D7000,Tokina 12-24 f/4 AT-X Pro, Sigma 30 f/1.4 EX DC HSM, Nikkor 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 VR
Film Gear: Pentacon Praktica LLC, Meyer-Optik Gorlitz 50 f/1.8 | Nikon N2020, Nikkor 50 f/1.4 AI-S
There's really nothing remarkable about it. All you do is hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself. - J.S. Bach
post #2343 of 3773 Old 01-23-2008, 03:09 PM
!ǝʞɐq puɐ ǝʞɐɥs¡

Liked: 363
So I took off the extra wheel in the trunk of our car after reading a guide said that it would help improve mileage. I think it's reasonable but I'm afraid of what could get worse without having the extra wheel in the trunk all the time. We always drive in the city, the furthest is only 15 miles to the west side of town on weekends.

Currently folding Folders Inc: Shajbot, harmo777, Micam93, and steelrain33.thumb.gif

Useful Links
CS:S Server ADMIN - GunGame 100tick Ping Boosted: overclock.nuclearfallout.net:27015
Found haxor on the server? REPORT NOW
Join OCN's Server Steam Group
Overclock.net's CSS spray!
Howto: Make text invisible

2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2344 of 3773 Old 01-23-2008, 04:12 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajbot View Post
So I took off the extra wheel in the trunk of our car after reading a guide said that it would help improve mileage. I think it's reasonable but I'm afraid of what could get worse without having the extra wheel in the trunk all the time. We always drive in the city, the furthest is only 15 miles to the west side of town on weekends.
Hi Shaj,

In the article, How much did it say you would get in MPG or save annually?? All you've done is remove weight, obviously, but I don't think it's going to be a big difference. I could be wrong though. If you really want to save gasoline, hook up a vacuum gauge to the engine. You can buy them with actual inches of Hg showing or the Red/Yellow/Green indicator. Stay in the Green and you'll see a huge difference. But you'll will get bored quick driving like that... If you try it, you'll see what I mean.

In today's car with computers, sensors and air fuel meters, etc... I find it hard to better more than 2 mpg in the city with my car. Idling, hills, stop and go traffic really creates havoc with fuel mileage. And A/C will knock down the mileage as well. And did you know that the A/C will be used to control temps in the car. So when driving around turn the controls to off or economy. All you'll get is natural cooling or heating from the ambient temps...

Good luck in your quest, :-)

Chimp Challenge Participant  Overclock.net - 2010 Foldathon Participant  100 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #2345 of 3773 Old 01-23-2008, 04:26 PM
!ǝʞɐq puɐ ǝʞɐɥs¡

It says about a couple MPG but that's about it. I don't know if it's worth it but we're shot of money so. And it's a '92 Toyota Camry so it's old but it's not too old. It has a sunroof so I've been using it to get the air in. Quite cool, works better and no direct wind into people faces like side windows.

The thing is if we can save some gas then so be it. But my mom worries if 1 tire blows and people wants to help but we don't have the wheel. I told her people rarely helps if you're on high way... and if our tire blows in the city then just drive to the nearest shop and have it it patched up. We don't really need a replacement wheel driving in the city do we?

Currently folding Folders Inc: Shajbot, harmo777, Micam93, and steelrain33.thumb.gif

Useful Links
CS:S Server ADMIN - GunGame 100tick Ping Boosted: overclock.nuclearfallout.net:27015

post #2346 of 3773 Old 01-23-2008, 05:02 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Quote:
It says about a couple MPG but that's about it. I don't know if it's worth it but we're shot of money so. And it's a '92 Toyota Camry so it's old but it's not too old. It has a sunroof so I've been using it to get the air in. Quite cool, works better and no direct wind into people faces like side windows.

The thing is if we can save some gas then so be it. But my mom worries if 1 tire blows and people wants to help but we don't have the wheel. I told her people rarely helps if you're on high way... and if our tire blows in the city then just drive to the nearest shop and have it it patched up. We don't really need a replacement wheel driving in the city do we?
Hi Shaj,

A replacement wheel needed?? That depends on when it fails. If you're not in a hurry, aren't having a medical problem at the time, or you're not trying to meet a deadline ~ No problems...

The fact is, most people with full size tires think they have a spare, but don't because it's flat laying there in the trunk because nobody ever checks the air. If the spare tire you're talking about is one of those little spares that will only get you out of trouble and not to be used above 50mph and not too many miles... It might not hurt anything because they don't weigh anything....

As always in life it's a matter of balance with consequences and personal choice. If the tires on your car are newer, and most of your driving is in town - take the spare out. If tires on your car are worn, or questionable, or your leaving on a trip - leave it in... Only time will tell if it's a good or bad decision...

Good luck with your decision, :-)

BTW - For my daughters. I have spares in all of the cars. But with that said, I've told them to call the State Police if it happens on the highway and they can't get off. Then call a tow truck that the police advise them to call... I'll gladly pay that bill for their safety, and we have free towing service for up to 50 miles.

post #2347 of 3773 Old 01-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Fortran lives!

Liked: 281
Yeah, all our cars have spares. My dad's is a small one, but I'm pretty sure my mom's is full size, as she drives an SUV with 18" wheels. My van has a spare, but we have no idea what condition it is. Besides, we've currently got snow tires on that car... And my parents added me to the AAA membership, so we get free towing and roadside assistance with that.

I'm a graduate student, and I develop HPC codes in Fortran and Matlab to make the world better.
My user name too long or weird for you? Feel free to call me LBN. FYI, it's French for "the black box."
Official OCN Camera Thread | Flickr | Camera Stuff: Nikon D7000,Tokina 12-24 f/4 AT-X Pro, Sigma 30 f/1.4 EX DC HSM, Nikkor 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 VR
Film Gear: Pentacon Praktica LLC, Meyer-Optik Gorlitz 50 f/1.8 | Nikon N2020, Nikkor 50 f/1.4 AI-S
There's really nothing remarkable about it. All you do is hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself. - J.S. Bach
post #2348 of 3773 Old 01-23-2008, 08:57 PM
!ǝʞɐq puɐ ǝʞɐɥs¡

Ok I have the tire back on again, cuz my dad wants it.

Useful Links

post #2349 of 3773 Old 01-24-2008, 05:30 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Quote:
Ok I have the tire back on again, cuz my dad wants it.
Hey shaj,

That's Ok... You never know when you'll need it...

BTW - I'll be passing 2.8 million points here in a few hours... Almost 3 mil...

And I want to thank you guys for being who you are. I can post here all the time and as much as I want and you guys "Never" chastise me... Thanks!!

It's why I love this team!! :-)

post #2350 of 3773 Old 01-24-2008, 05:32 PM
!ǝʞɐq puɐ ǝʞɐɥs¡

Hey buick, don't worry about it (the spare thingy), sometimes I just have a thing to change/fix something although it's perfectly normal.

And what's "chastise"?

Useful Links

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page