Corsair H100 / H80 / H60 noise, grinding pump - *fix* + official Corsair response - Page 131 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1301 of 1734 Old 09-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Overclocker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithh View Post

Adapters from wlw wl ofc.
I used both in series as well, the noise doesnt go away..
Are you sure its seated properly when mounted? when you say some noise, ofc it will make "some" noise its a water pump, what sort of noise is it making? the rattle?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1302 of 1734 Old 09-05-2012, 02:07 PM

Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyReZar View Post

Are you sure its seated properly when mounted? when you say some noise, ofc it will make "some" noise its a water pump, what sort of noise is it making? the rattle?

Yes the rattling. I can hear it very clearly from a meter distance. I've mounted it properly. But if non-mounted, there is no noise at all (connected to psu ofc..)

post #1303 of 1734 Old 09-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 6
Quote:

Yes the rattling. I can hear it very clearly from a meter distance. I've mounted it properly. But if non-mounted, there is no noise at all (connected to psu ofc..)
Strange if there is no noise when not mounted, when you un mount it, do you test it in the same position it would be in the case? ie rad above the pump and pump sitting vertical? perhaps there is a air bubble trapped in the pump when its positioned in a certain way in the case. You could try moving it around, to try and move the potential air bubble when out of the case.

Im just guessing though

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1304 of 1734 Old 09-05-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyReZar View Post

Strange if there is no noise when not mounted, when you un mount it, do you test it in the same position it would be in the case? ie rad above the pump and pump sitting vertical? perhaps there is a air bubble trapped in the pump when its positioned in a certain way in the case. You could try moving it around, to try and move the potential air bubble when out of the case.
Im just guessing though

The noise disappears when I just take it off the cpu. I have a like 4 intakes. But I have 2 cards in crossfire and one has an arctic xtreme plus 2 cooler. Maybe this can be the cause?

post #1305 of 1734 Old 09-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Mobo Master

Liked: 11
Quote:

Adapters from wlw wl ofc.
I used both in series as well, the noise doesnt go away..

Try running the H100 for 72 hours with the radiator above the pump with the tubing facing down. It could be air or who know what else. I have 1229 and the HDD ticking noise was there when radiator was mounted slightly below the pump vertically, but is not there now when mounted above the pump with the tubes facing down. Other than that... I'm not sure.
post #1306 of 1734 Old 09-05-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerieAngel View Post

Try running the H100 for 72 hours with the radiator above the pump with the tubing facing down. It could be air or who know what else. I have 1229 and the HDD ticking noise was there when radiator was mounted slightly below the pump vertically, but is not there now when mounted above the pump with the tubes facing down. Other than that... I'm not sure.

So just turn the pump by 90° to the right from normal state?

post #1307 of 1734 Old 09-05-2012, 07:10 PM

Liked: 0
Anyone get a silent H80? Went through 3 replacements so far, all from batch 12109402. They all have the noise problem and corsair claims they have been sending me the revised units.
post #1308 of 1734 Old 09-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Mobo Master

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpang View Post

Anyone get a silent H80? Went through 3 replacements so far, all from batch 12109402. They all have the noise problem and corsair claims they have been sending me the revised units.
1210 definitely are not revised units. They hadn't even started to work on the problem yet then. I'm guessing H80 go by the same week schedule code as the H100 so that would mean you are looking for at least 1226 though better luck with 1227 and beyond. I have a 1229 H100 and it made the HDD ticking noise for a while at first when I hooked it up but is now silent for the past 3 days. I've had it for about a week or less.
post #1309 of 1734 Old 09-06-2012, 02:13 PM
nVidia Enthusiast

Liked: 3
I get my replacement H80 on Monday, I'll report back once I have it installed.

post #1310 of 1734 Old 09-06-2012, 02:31 PM

Liked: 0
That's the way to go, attache the pump to a 4 pin fan controller and play with it, my asus crosshair formula V don't let me ajust pump speed unless it's on " DC" mode not PWM. again with my H60 I could get it near silent at around 80% depending on how a do the transition to that speed! sometimes I get lucky sometimes not, most of the times 60% is totally silent and easy to get, but I decided to position my tower at almost 8 feet away from me (bought 2 long HDMI s of 10 feet each for my dual HD+ monitors and Cross fired cards and a completely wireless strong noise cancelling gaming headset) now I don't care about the pump being a bit audible anymore !! hahaha ( and less electromagnetic radiations exposure from the tower components too).

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page