Waterfox 56.0.2: 7 January [Free, open and private web browser.] - Page 173 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1721 of 7375 Old 02-05-2012, 06:19 AM
 
mafutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I found that half of the plugins I have installed under firefox 10 aren't found by waterfox (Includes Microsoft media player) Is there a reason. I have all the 64bit versions installed but still not working.
mafutha is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1722 of 7375 Old 02-05-2012, 07:01 AM
Commodore 64
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
for me firefox10 RSS build in doesn't works ...mad.gif
demoneye is offline  
post #1723 of 7375 Old 02-05-2012, 07:18 AM
333mhz
 
XSAlliN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
It's slower and more unstable (certain bugs still not fixed - like those related to animated gifs) than Firefox Nightly 13.0a1 64 bit: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/firefox-13.0a1.en-US.win64-x86_64.installer.exe - wile the so called stable/final FF build is pure crap compared to this ones... so much irony in this... a nightly build which is suppose to be more unstable being the most stable build at this moment and also the fastest.
XSAlliN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1724 of 7375 Old 02-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Linux Lobbyist
 
Mr_Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 194
"Waterfox was compiled with SSE, SSE2, x64 favoring and the following optimisation flags: /Og /Oi /Ot /Oy /Ob2 /Gs /GF /Gy"

SSE & SSE2 should inherently be used by the x64 compiler. In fact, you cannot select SSE or SSE2 as specific optimizations on any platform but x86, so it's a bag of hot air to even mention http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7t5yh4fd.aspx

x64 favoring - checking the build flags showed me -favor:blend which is the default setting; it only allows you to favor a specific architecture (Intel or AMD), where "blend" means no favoring. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms173505.aspx

/Og /Oi /Ot /Oy /Ob2 /Gs /GF /Gy equals /O2 (optimize for speed), it's just written out in what /O2 stands for in the compiler. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8f8h5cxt.aspx

echo "The `uname` Club"

The Windows 8 Protest Group


I use my simple mind to give simple answers to complex questions
- John Denham
Mr_Torch is offline  
post #1725 of 7375 Old 02-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Commodore 64
 
djkilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSAlliN View Post

It's slower and more unstable (certain bugs still not fixed - like those related to animated gifs) than Firefox Nightly 13.0a1 64 bit: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/firefox-13.0a1.en-US.win64-x86_64.installer.exe - wile the so called stable/final FF build is pure crap compared to this ones... so much irony in this... a nightly build which is suppose to be more unstable being the most stable build at this moment and also the fastest.

If Firefox Nightly 13.0a1 64 bit is so fast, I wonder what settings are being used to make it so fast. I might download it and give it a try and see how it works with my extensions and plug-ins. I love my Waterfox though! What if Firefox Nightly 13.0a1 64 bit was optimized like Waterfox, that would be interesting.
djkilla is offline  
post #1726 of 7375 Old 02-05-2012, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶
 
MrAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 4,026
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 393


Quote:
Originally Posted by demoneye View Post

for me firefox10 RSS build in doesn't works ...mad.gif


What is that exactly? Are RSS feeds not working?



Quote:
Originally Posted by XSAlliN View Post

It's slower and more unstable (certain bugs still not fixed - like those related to animated gifs) than Firefox Nightly 13.0a1 64 bit: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/firefox-13.0a1.en-US.win64-x86_64.installer.exe - wile the so called stable/final FF build is pure crap compared to this ones... so much irony in this... a nightly build which is suppose to be more unstable being the most stable build at this moment and also the fastest.


How is it unstable? And it will be faster because it most likely has upgraded component such as an improved JS library.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Torch View Post

"Waterfox was compiled with SSE, SSE2, x64 favoring and the following optimisation flags: /Og /Oi /Ot /Oy /Ob2 /Gs /GF /Gy"

SSE & SSE2 should inherently be used by the x64 compiler. In fact, you cannot select SSE or SSE2 as specific optimizations on any platform but x86, so it's a bag of hot air to even mention http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7t5yh4fd.aspx

x64 favoring - checking the build flags showed me -favor:blend which is the default setting; it only allows you to favor a specific architecture (Intel or AMD), where "blend" means no favoring. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms173505.aspx

/Og /Oi /Ot /Oy /Ob2 /Gs /GF /Gy equals /O2 (optimize for speed), it's just written out in what /O2 stands for in the compiler. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8f8h5cxt.aspx


 

That's amazing. I know that but other people don't. People kept on asking if it was compiled with SSE2, so saying it helps answer their question. And I listed out every flag so everyone knows what is being used. And if you read the UPDATED FAQ:

 

Quote:
Yes, Waterfox was compiled with SSE2, the AMD Core Math Library and the following optimisation flags: /O2 /GS- /GA

 

Would taking a minute to think and look around be that difficult for you? doh.gif


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkilla View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSAlliN View Post

It's slower and more unstable (certain bugs still not fixed - like those related to animated gifs) than Firefox Nightly 13.0a1 64 bit: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/firefox-13.0a1.en-US.win64-x86_64.installer.exe - wile the so called stable/final FF build is pure crap compared to this ones... so much irony in this... a nightly build which is suppose to be more unstable being the most stable build at this moment and also the fastest.

If Firefox Nightly 13.0a1 64 bit is so fast, I wonder what settings are being used to make it so fast. I might download it and give it a try and see how it works with my extensions and plug-ins. I love my Waterfox though! What if Firefox Nightly 13.0a1 64 bit was optimized like Waterfox, that would be interesting.


 

Read above answer....



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylitgo_quote.gif


ATI grows each one of their GPU's till they're ripe enough to produce amazing graphics.



NVIDIA fired too many people and they can't keep up with the crops this year. frown.gif





Quote:

Originally Posted by Girgo_quote.gif


12: Earth is flat, careful around edges. lol peace





Quote:

Originally Posted by TFBgo_quote.gif


Why would a vet chew up the kitten's foot?



MrAlex is offline  
post #1727 of 7375 Old 02-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Commodore 64
 
djkilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
It didn't even occur to me that Firefox Nightly 13.0a1 64 bit would be using a different JS library. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure my add-ons would work with an alpha version with-out at least a compatibility tweak. I'll stick with my favorite Waterfox! thumb.gif
djkilla is offline  
post #1728 of 7375 Old 02-05-2012, 11:01 AM
 
fullmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 3
After watching your build, jemalloc is enable or no?

Otherwise apart from the improvement Math for AMD, this build is a simple compilation x64?

Good job thumb.gif
fullmoon is offline  
post #1729 of 7375 Old 02-05-2012, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶
 
MrAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 4,026
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 393


Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmoon View Post

After watching your build, jemalloc is enable or no?

Otherwise apart from the improvement Math for AMD, this build is a simple compilation x64?

Good job thumb.gif


Yes, jemalloc is enabled.



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylitgo_quote.gif


ATI grows each one of their GPU's till they're ripe enough to produce amazing graphics.



NVIDIA fired too many people and they can't keep up with the crops this year. frown.gif





Quote:

Originally Posted by Girgo_quote.gif


12: Earth is flat, careful around edges. lol peace





Quote:

Originally Posted by TFBgo_quote.gif


Why would a vet chew up the kitten's foot?



MrAlex is offline  
post #1730 of 7375 Old 02-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Commodore 64
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlex View Post



What is that exactly? Are RSS feeds not working?




the build in RSS feeder in firefox
demoneye is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off