Waterfox 56.0.2: 7 January [Free, open and private web browser.] - Page 289 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2881 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 02:07 AM
*cough* Stock *cough*
 
qwerty77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I'm very curious as well Mr. Alex. If you need some testers to try your build I'll gladly help you out. If not I'm still waiting patiently for the release of WF 14 thumb.gif

qwerty77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2882 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 08:42 AM
 
kevindd992002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 10,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlex View Post

Flash for Internet Explorer uses ActiveX components. Have you tried 64-Bit Opera?

I just tried playing the same youtube file (stuttering in WF and FF) with Opera x64 and it didn't have a single stutter. So this just points out to WF as the problem?

By the way, I'm using Primo RAMDisk with WF and FF for my cache files, does that have to do something with this stuttering? Because I use it also with IE and it doesn't have a problem there.

kevindd992002 is offline  
post #2883 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 09:10 AM
 
fullmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 3
When updating WF uninstalls and removes everything, even the profiles, then installed the new version, and try like that.
fullmoon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2884 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 09:15 AM
 
kevindd992002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 10,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmoon View Post

When updating WF uninstalls and removes everything, even the profiles, then installed the new version, and try like that.

Tried that to no avail.

kevindd992002 is offline  
post #2885 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 10:29 AM
This Is The End
 
kennyparker1337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 67.220.212.115
Posts: 3,354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Waiting for the auto update feature in 14. wubsmiley.gif

I love W13!

headphone.gifFLACWMP-HCSchiit Modi / Shiit MagniBeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (250 Ohm) headphone.gif

Guides (Click to show)Quotes (Click to show)
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."
-Carl Sagan

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
-Neil deGrasse Tyson

"What you are, you are by accident of birth; what I am, I am by myself.
There are and will be a thousand princes; there is only one Beethoven."
-Ludwig van Beethoven
kennyparker1337 is offline  
post #2886 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Networking Nut
 
krazysteve33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

I just tried playing the same youtube file (stuttering in WF and FF) with Opera x64 and it didn't have a single stutter. So this just points out to WF as the problem?
By the way, I'm using Primo RAMDisk with WF and FF for my cache files, does that have to do something with this stuttering? Because I use it also with IE and it doesn't have a problem there.

I'm not exactly sure how Primo RAMDisk works, but if you are using a "virtual disk" in memory/RAM to store cache files instead of the hard drive, there is most likely an issue with the way Mozilla code is writing the cache video files to the "virtual disk" that causes the stuttering, that the other browsers don't have an issue with? It maybe just the way Mozilla writes data to memory/RAM but idk. Again not exactly sure how Primo works since I have not used it myself, just my two cents smile.gif

krazysteve33 is offline  
post #2887 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶
 
MrAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 4,026
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 393

Hey guys, website update! Hope you all like it, I worked hard on it so hopefully it'll pay off. Some parts are a bit messy but I'm trying to keep on track for the next release (which is a pain ATM!).

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated.

 

Edit: I'm getting slightly paranoid now, so if the new website sucks please let me know and I'll revert back to the old one tongue.gif



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylitgo_quote.gif


ATI grows each one of their GPU's till they're ripe enough to produce amazing graphics.



NVIDIA fired too many people and they can't keep up with the crops this year. frown.gif





Quote:

Originally Posted by Girgo_quote.gif


12: Earth is flat, careful around edges. lol peace





Quote:

Originally Posted by TFBgo_quote.gif


Why would a vet chew up the kitten's foot?



MrAlex is offline  
post #2888 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 04:19 PM
 
kevindd992002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 10,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazysteve33 View Post

I'm not exactly sure how Primo RAMDisk works, but if you are using a "virtual disk" in memory/RAM to store cache files instead of the hard drive, there is most likely an issue with the way Mozilla code is writing the cache video files to the "virtual disk" that causes the stuttering, that the other browsers don't have an issue with? It maybe just the way Mozilla writes data to memory/RAM but idk. Again not exactly sure how Primo works since I have not used it myself, just my two cents smile.gif

Primo RAMDisk is actually a RAMDisk where you use a part of your RAM as a normal hard disk. It is supposed to speed up things in any browser since the RAM is the fastest device in our systems. It is around 10x faster than an SSD. And it is RECOMMENDED to use it with Mozilla and any type of browser. So I don't know why this is a problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlex View Post

Hey guys, website update! Hope you all like it, I worked hard on it so hopefully it'll pay off. Some parts are a bit messy but I'm trying to keep on track for the next release (which is a pain ATM!).
As always, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Mr. Alex, what do you think of my problem?

kevindd992002 is offline  
post #2889 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶
 
MrAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 4,026
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazysteve33 View Post

I'm not exactly sure how Primo RAMDisk works, but if you are using a "virtual disk" in memory/RAM to store cache files instead of the hard drive, there is most likely an issue with the way Mozilla code is writing the cache video files to the "virtual disk" that causes the stuttering, that the other browsers don't have an issue with? It maybe just the way Mozilla writes data to memory/RAM but idk. Again not exactly sure how Primo works since I have not used it myself, just my two cents smile.gif

Primo RAMDisk is actually a RAMDisk where you use a part of your RAM as a normal hard disk. It is supposed to speed up things in any browser since the RAM is the fastest device in our systems. It is around 10x faster than an SSD. And it is RECOMMENDED to use it with Mozilla and any type of browser. So I don't know why this is a problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlex View Post

Hey guys, website update! Hope you all like it, I worked hard on it so hopefully it'll pay off. Some parts are a bit messy but I'm trying to keep on track for the next release (which is a pain ATM!).
As always, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Mr. Alex, what do you think of my problem?

 

Two things it could be:

  • It's the placebo effect
  • There were some conflicts that ICC doesn't like with your system, but WF14 should fix that, I had to fix a lot of things in it but everything runs smooth as butter for me now. (The amount of linking errors drove me slowly insane, but I've fixed them all, so I'm quite sure that WF14 will solve any microstutter).

Edit: Just a test, on a Flash video on YouTube>Right Click>Show Infomation, what are the FPS of the video like?



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylitgo_quote.gif


ATI grows each one of their GPU's till they're ripe enough to produce amazing graphics.



NVIDIA fired too many people and they can't keep up with the crops this year. frown.gif





Quote:

Originally Posted by Girgo_quote.gif


12: Earth is flat, careful around edges. lol peace





Quote:

Originally Posted by TFBgo_quote.gif


Why would a vet chew up the kitten's foot?



MrAlex is offline  
post #2890 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 05:23 PM
 
TheHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: █▌ ▌ █ ▌█▌▀
Posts: 505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Site looks good thumb.gif





So friday it is, thanks smile.gif

TheHunter is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off