Waterfox 56.0.2: 7 January [Free, open and private web browser.] - Page 289 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #2881 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 02:07 AM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I'm very curious as well Mr. Alex. If you need some testers to try your build I'll gladly help you out. If not I'm still waiting patiently for the release of WF 14 thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2882 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 08:42 AM

Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlex View Post

Flash for Internet Explorer uses ActiveX components. Have you tried 64-Bit Opera?

I just tried playing the same youtube file (stuttering in WF and FF) with Opera x64 and it didn't have a single stutter. So this just points out to WF as the problem?

By the way, I'm using Primo RAMDisk with WF and FF for my cache files, does that have to do something with this stuttering? Because I use it also with IE and it doesn't have a problem there.

post #2883 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 09:10 AM

Liked: 3
When updating WF uninstalls and removes everything, even the profiles, then installed the new version, and try like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2884 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmoon View Post

When updating WF uninstalls and removes everything, even the profiles, then installed the new version, and try like that.

Tried that to no avail.

post #2885 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 10:29 AM
This Is The End

Liked: 352
Waiting for the auto update feature in 14. wubsmiley.gif

I love W13!

headphone.gifFLACWMP-HCSchiit Modi / Shiit MagniBeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (250 Ohm) headphone.gif

Guides (Click to show)Quotes (Click to show)
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."
-Carl Sagan

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
-Neil deGrasse Tyson

"What you are, you are by accident of birth; what I am, I am by myself.
There are and will be a thousand princes; there is only one Beethoven."
-Ludwig van Beethoven
post #2886 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Networking Nut

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

I just tried playing the same youtube file (stuttering in WF and FF) with Opera x64 and it didn't have a single stutter. So this just points out to WF as the problem?
By the way, I'm using Primo RAMDisk with WF and FF for my cache files, does that have to do something with this stuttering? Because I use it also with IE and it doesn't have a problem there.

I'm not exactly sure how Primo RAMDisk works, but if you are using a "virtual disk" in memory/RAM to store cache files instead of the hard drive, there is most likely an issue with the way Mozilla code is writing the cache video files to the "virtual disk" that causes the stuttering, that the other browsers don't have an issue with? It maybe just the way Mozilla writes data to memory/RAM but idk. Again not exactly sure how Primo works since I have not used it myself, just my two cents smile.gif

post #2887 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶

Liked: 393

Hey guys, website update! Hope you all like it, I worked hard on it so hopefully it'll pay off. Some parts are a bit messy but I'm trying to keep on track for the next release (which is a pain ATM!).

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Edit: I'm getting slightly paranoid now, so if the new website sucks please let me know and I'll revert back to the old one tongue.gif

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylitgo_quote.gif

ATI grows each one of their GPU's till they're ripe enough to produce amazing graphics.

NVIDIA fired too many people and they can't keep up with the crops this year. frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girgo_quote.gif

12: Earth is flat, careful around edges. lol peace

Quote:

Originally Posted by TFBgo_quote.gif

Why would a vet chew up the kitten's foot?

post #2888 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazysteve33 View Post

I'm not exactly sure how Primo RAMDisk works, but if you are using a "virtual disk" in memory/RAM to store cache files instead of the hard drive, there is most likely an issue with the way Mozilla code is writing the cache video files to the "virtual disk" that causes the stuttering, that the other browsers don't have an issue with? It maybe just the way Mozilla writes data to memory/RAM but idk. Again not exactly sure how Primo works since I have not used it myself, just my two cents smile.gif

Primo RAMDisk is actually a RAMDisk where you use a part of your RAM as a normal hard disk. It is supposed to speed up things in any browser since the RAM is the fastest device in our systems. It is around 10x faster than an SSD. And it is RECOMMENDED to use it with Mozilla and any type of browser. So I don't know why this is a problem?
Quote:

Hey guys, website update! Hope you all like it, I worked hard on it so hopefully it'll pay off. Some parts are a bit messy but I'm trying to keep on track for the next release (which is a pain ATM!).

Mr. Alex, what do you think of my problem?

post #2889 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶

Liked: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazysteve33 View Post

Primo RAMDisk is actually a RAMDisk where you use a part of your RAM as a normal hard disk. It is supposed to speed up things in any browser since the RAM is the fastest device in our systems. It is around 10x faster than an SSD. And it is RECOMMENDED to use it with Mozilla and any type of browser. So I don't know why this is a problem?
Quote:

Mr. Alex, what do you think of my problem?

Two things it could be:

• It's the placebo effect
  • There were some conflicts that ICC doesn't like with your system, but WF14 should fix that, I had to fix a lot of things in it but everything runs smooth as butter for me now. (The amount of linking errors drove me slowly insane, but I've fixed them all, so I'm quite sure that WF14 will solve any microstutter).

Edit: Just a test, on a Flash video on YouTube>Right Click>Show Infomation, what are the FPS of the video like?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylitgo_quote.gif

ATI grows each one of their GPU's till they're ripe enough to produce amazing graphics.

NVIDIA fired too many people and they can't keep up with the crops this year. frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girgo_quote.gif

12: Earth is flat, careful around edges. lol peace

Quote:

Originally Posted by TFBgo_quote.gif

Why would a vet chew up the kitten's foot?

post #2890 of 7375 Old 07-24-2012, 05:23 PM

Liked: 32
Site looks good thumb.gif

So friday it is, thanks smile.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page