Waterfox 56.0.2: 7 January [Free, open and private web browser.] - Page 430 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #4291 of 7375 Old 12-01-2012, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaBolicTroll View Post

Wow That Cyberfox Guy Already Has 17.0.1 Out im Still waiting on Waterfox to see which one is better so far Cyberfox 17.0.1 is even faster the cyberfox 17 i hope mr alex releases soon or im gunna stay with cyberfox

See the thing is, if I'm not mistaken Cyberfox will be compiled the same way Waterfox and pcxfirefox are. Considering xunxun1982 and I have released quite a few notes on how to compile Mozilla with ICC:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=784309

http://code.google.com/p/pcxfirefox/wiki/MozillaBuiltICC

http://sourceforge.net/p/waterfoxproj/code/?source=navbar

So "even faster" is just the placebo effect.

Also I'm studying a very intense degree (Electronics Engineering) with around 30 contact hours a week (not including study hours), yet I dedicate most of my free time compiling Waterfox.

Screemer likes this.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylitgo_quote.gif

ATI grows each one of their GPU's till they're ripe enough to produce amazing graphics.

NVIDIA fired too many people and they can't keep up with the crops this year. frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girgo_quote.gif

12: Earth is flat, careful around edges. lol peace

Quote:

Originally Posted by TFBgo_quote.gif

Why would a vet chew up the kitten's foot?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4292 of 7375 Old 12-01-2012, 12:30 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlex View Post

Also I'm studying a very intense degree (Electronics Engineering) with around 30 contact hours a week (not including study hours), yet I dedicate most of my free time compiling Waterfox.

Not to sound rude but if you just posted a daily update with an ETA, it will be good enough for people like me who come here everyday expecting the build to be out.

I appreciate your work. thumb.gif
post #4293 of 7375 Old 12-01-2012, 12:41 PM

Liked: 1
Actually Pale Moon just came out with a new version ( 15.3.1 ) And it's updated frequently and I can't tell a lot of difference between PM or WF. That being said we owe a debt of gratitude to Mr Alex and Moonchild for all they do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4294 of 7375 Old 12-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Commodore 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari801 View Post

Actually Pale Moon just came out with a new version ( 15.3.1 ) And it's updated frequently and I can't tell a lot of difference between PM or WF. That being said we owe a debt of gratitude to Mr Alex and Moonchild for all they do.

pm 15.3.1 based on mozilla 15 and will remain like it for sometime till a major firefox is out there (like 18 or 19 according to its owner moonchild ).
post #4295 of 7375 Old 12-01-2012, 02:25 PM

He's just waiting to see if ionmonkey is stable. But he at least stays on top of his work.
post #4296 of 7375 Old 12-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Programmer

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyanesh View Post

Not to sound rude but if you just posted a daily update with an ETA, it will be good enough for people like me who come here everyday expecting the build to be out.
I appreciate your work. thumb.gif
Having you ever been through college, with a contract job? The only free time he spends is giving us an amazing browser that works. Juggling a job, college, and working on Waterfox isn't a simple thing to do.
Yes, I do come here everyday to check it 17 is released, but I don't rag on him because it hasn't been release yet. Just calm down and wait for his release like everyone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlex View Post

Keep up the good work, MrAlex. You are a very busy man, and most of us understand this.

Aumotocnic"An unfortunate member of the overclock.net insomnia club"
Clubs and Threads (Click to show)
Fractal Design Case Club
Phanteks Owners Club
typer.gifecho "The `uname` Club"typer.gif
99.999999% of the world listens to autotuned pop singers. If you are part of the 0.000001% who listen to the future goddess of music Hatsune Miku, copy and paste this into your sig.
Vocaloid Fanclub
OCN Anime & Manga Club
Windows 8 Fan Club
Corsair Carbide Series [200R/300R/400R/500R] Owners Club
AMD Radeon HD 6850/6870 Owners Thread
post #4297 of 7375 Old 12-01-2012, 02:50 PM

Liked: 87
Hmm, I'm tempted. But I'm on Nightly 20.0a1 right now and quite happy...

3 Million Folding@Home Points  

post #4298 of 7375 Old 12-01-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRuxGaming View Post

Having you ever been through college, with a contract job? The only free time he spends is giving us an amazing browser that works. Juggling a job, college, and working on Waterfox isn't a simple thing to do.
Yes, I do come here everyday to check it 17 is released, but I don't rag on him because it hasn't been release yet. Just calm down and wait for his release like everyone else.
Keep up the good work, MrAlex. You are a very busy man, and most of us understand this.

Amen, what's the big deal 16.0.1 works well anyway.
post #4299 of 7375 Old 12-01-2012, 08:14 PM

Liked: 85
What is the advantage of Waterfox over Cyberfox? This is the first time I've heard Cyberfox and I thought I will give it a look.

post #4300 of 7375 Old 12-02-2012, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRuxGaming View Post

I already said that I appreciate his work and dedication towards the project. I know how busy he is. I am not asking him to hurry up. I am just asking for a daily update on the ETA. It takes a second to do that and will be useful to many guys here (even those who are not registered and come here everyday to check).

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page