Win an Intel 520 Series SSD! - Page 151 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1501 of 1974 Old 02-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Programmer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50

1.) I currently own an Samsung PM800 out of a dell laptop, but I've been putting serious thought into getting something better.
2.) The brands of SSD which i've been looking at are Crucial, Intel and Samsung. I look for reliability and price, speed has become less relevant in the last year.
3.) I purchase new parts every 12 months or less, but I have built two new computers in the past year, and rebuilt two others with some new parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1974 Old 02-15-2012, 09:29 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 31
1) Do you currently own an SSD? Are you planning on purchasing one or more in the near future?

Yes. Currently own one from G.Skill, and frankly, I wish my computer was all SSD. Sadly more SSD's are not in my future for a long time, probably until top-flight consumer SSD's hit $1/GB

2) If you’re planning on purchasing an SSD, which brand(s) are you considering and why (price, performance, reliability, brand, etc.)?

If I were currently in the market for a SSD, I would probably consider Crucial, Intel, Samsung, and Kingston. SSD performance in everyday tasks is impressively quick no matter the SSD after this generation I believe, so it pretty much comes down to reliability and value per $, and all 4 have at some point hit one or both of these metrics

3) How often do you purchase a new PC (every 12 months or less, every 12-18 months, 18-24 months, 2-3 years, over 3 years)?

Every 2-3 years

4) (For Canadian Residents) What is 125 plus 45 divided by 3 minus 13?
Not Canadian (43.666..., assuming it's solved in the order it's presented)

post #1503 of 1974 Old 02-15-2012, 10:55 PM

Liked: 0
1) Do you currently own an SSD? Are you planning on purchasing one or more in the near future? No, I own two 7200RPM drives and wish to utilize an SSD drive with my new Sandy Bridge processor with my Intel Z68 Chipset with Smart Response Technology for caching.

2) If you’re planning on purchasing an SSD, which brand(s) are you considering and why (price, performance, reliability, brand, etc.)? I've been looking at purchasing the Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) and the Intel 520 Series Cherryville SSDSC2CW060A3K5 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD). I have read great reviews about both of these SSD drives. Both are reliable and great for caching using Intel Z68 Chipset & Smart Response Technology.

3) How often do you purchase a new PC (every 12 months or less, every 12-18 months, 18-24 months, 2-3 years, over 3 years)? I don't tend to purchase an entirely new system but upgrade parts of it, although last month I upgraded my core components including my motherboard (Asus p8z68-v pro/gen3), cpu (i5-2500k), and memory (Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM). I tend to do this about every 2 years.

4) (For Canadian Residents) What is 125 plus 45 divided by 3 minus 13? I live in the US, but the answer is 43.66666666666667.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1504 of 1974 Old 02-16-2012, 02:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

1) Do you currently own an SSD? Are you planning on purchasing one or more in the near future?
Yes, Crucial C300 128 Gb. Yes, plan on at least one more to add to the rig.

2) If you’re planning on purchasing an SSD, which brand(s) are you considering and why (price, performance, reliability, brand, etc.)?
Crucial because I already own one and am happy with the results. However, cant go wrong with Intel. Price and reliability is key.

3) How often do you purchase a new PC (every 12 months or less, every 12-18 months, 18-24 months, 2-3 years, over 3 years)
Every 12 months
post #1505 of 1974 Old 02-16-2012, 02:42 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 1
) Do you currently own an SSD? Are you planning on purchasing one or more in the near future?
I do not own. I am considering a purchase. In near future.

I gotta go with crucial, corsair or Intel haven't decided.

3) How often do you purchase a new PC (every 12 months or less, every 12-18 months, 18-24 months, 2-3 years, over 3 years)?
6 to 8 months depending on the tech really.

post #1506 of 1974 Old 02-16-2012, 04:43 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 9
1. Yes I do own an SSD, I will probably buy one in the future if the prices drop.

2. Samsung, Corsair, Intel and OCZ are all good choices, I guess the stability and price matters most to me.

3. I usually get a new computer every 2-3 years.

post #1507 of 1974 Old 02-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 91
I don't currently own an SSD. I might get one when prices drop.

Crucial/Intel for price:performance; Intel for reliability.

2-3 years.

post #1508 of 1974 Old 02-16-2012, 08:59 AM
nVidia Enthusiast

Liked: 47
Send a message via AIM to compmaster Send a message via Yahoo to compmaster Send a message via Skype™ to compmaster
1) Do you currently own a SSD? Are you planning on purchasing one or more in the near future?
Yes, and I will never ... NEVER own another pc without a SSD primary disk again as long as I live.
I have had a taste of speed, and it is sweet. Once you go flash, you don't go back.

I'd buy Samsung first, second Corsair, and then Western Digital would come in third if they still made disks. Since they don't, Intel takes third spot.

Tricky question, since I never ever buy whole computer setups that aren't a laptop. Regarding desktops, I 'reckon you could say I refresh my setup every 4 years, but those 4 years include constant development and evolution of my desktop platform. A more appropriate question then would be "how often do you decide to give away your old computer and start with a fresh case without using any of your old parts."

tongue.gif>

I much prefer a person decidedly against me to one against deciding.

I am a pod pilot.

Comcast Xfinity
post #1509 of 1974 Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Intel Overclocker

Yes, I own a 60 Gb OCZ Vertex Plus and a 128 Gb Crucial CT128M4SSD2 m4. Had much trouble with the Vertex and am hoping a firmware update will correct it. Have not installed/used the Crucial yet.

2) If you’re planning on purchasing an SSD, which brand(s) are you considering and why (price, performance, reliability, brand, etc.)? Crucial and Intel because of the good reviews.

3) How often do you purchase a new PC (every 12 months or less, every 12-18 months, 18-24 months, 2-3 years, over 3 years)? Build my own every 2-3 years.

post #1510 of 1974 Old 02-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 27
Yes, I own a few. From recent to oldest purchased (as best as I can recall) 120GB Vertex 3, 120GB Vertex 3 Max IOPS, 100GB Vertex 2, 60GB Vertex (I don't even remember buying this), 60 GB Solid (RMA'ed to the 100GB Vertex 2), 60 GB Solid.

EDIT:
The brand if it isn't obvious is OCZ

Whenever I buy an SSD my first two brands I consider are Intel and OCZ. Generally speaking though I top out for speed and cost/size so usually tips in OCZ's favour but Intel's reliability is one of the best from what I hear then again my experience with OCZ's RMA process isn't bad either. Lately, due to the cost of SSD's going down I've also been considering Corsair's brand as well as the mix but I generally take brand + cost/performance as the most prominent consideration.

I buy a full system's worth of parts probably 1-2 years but I buy computer parts as often as a few weeks to 1-2 months. It varies greatly, unfortunately a lot of it is dependant on how fast and how much I can sell my old parts for.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page