Inconsistent PPD ?? - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 28 Old 10-11-2016, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter
*cough* Stock *cough*

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just realized I hadn't saved the voltage on that profile! Now, with voltage, we're at 1541 and no more log questions asking if I'm OC'd.

I've been running my machine 24/7 for almost 2 days and I've yet to break 100k. Could the low voltage have been causing errors in the WU, and would that be why my PPD are still drastically lower than reported?

5 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 Old 10-11-2016, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter
*cough* Stock *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBigRedBear View Post

Could the low voltage have been causing errors in the WU, and would that be why my PPD are still drastically lower than reported?

Or, is the base credit the credit received - and estimated credit is the bonus you earn after the initial 10 WU's are completed?

Maybe the best question to ask is, "Is there a guide on the FAHControl client?"

post #13 of 28 Old 10-11-2016, 07:16 AM
Overclocker

Liked: 9
If a WU fails you don't get the bonus points. So unless you produce 10 WU in a row without error you won't get any bonus.
That's my understanding anyway.
Probably @lanofsong knows in detail.

The main reason that work units fail is an unstable overclock, try clocking it down and see if the WU still fail.

Not sure if you checked this guide already.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1340606/guide-simple-v7-guide-for-windows-gpu-cpu/0_20

50 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 Old 10-11-2016, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter
*cough* Stock *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyllliam View Post

If a WU fails you don't get the bonus points. So unless you produce 10 WU in a row without error you won't get any bonus.
That's my understanding anyway.
Probably @lanofsong knows in detail.

The main reason that work units fail is an unstable overclock, try clocking it down and see if the WU still fail.

Not sure if you checked this guide already.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1340606/guide-simple-v7-guide-for-windows-gpu-cpu/0_20

I'd looked through the guides hoping to find something like a Data Dictionary, and I found This List of Folding Terms. It was definitely helpful, but it didn't have what I was looking for.

post #15 of 28 Old 10-11-2016, 08:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 262
QRB - Quick Return Bonus is applied if the passkey has a min of 10 good WUs and an average of 80% after that. Until then you'll get the base points. This is per passkey so you can quickly get to 10 WUs by running the client on your CPU as they run much faster. 1 thread needs to be left to feed the GPU so reduce the thread count to an even number. IE 6 threads on a 3770k.
aBigRedBear likes this.

250 Million Folding Points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant x2  Foldathon Participant 2016  Foldathon Participant 2017  Forum Folding War 2017 

post #16 of 28 Old 10-11-2016, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter
*cough* Stock *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post

QRB - Quick Return Bonus is applied if the passkey has a min of 10 good WUs and an average of 80% after that. Until then you'll get the base points. This is per passkey so you can quickly get to 10 WUs by running the client on your CPU as they run much faster. 1 thread needs to be left to feed the GPU so reduce the thread count to an even number. IE 6 threads on a 3770k.

I hadn't considered using the CPU slot to speed up the 10 count, thanks for mentioning it.

Are the QRB the estimated credit, and non-QRB is the base credit?

post #17 of 28 Old 10-11-2016, 10:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Base Credit + QRB = Final credit given. With modern GPUs most of the credit will be from QRB. The client just gives a rough estimated credit as that is determined by the time at which the server receives the WU. The 1st several % of the estimated credit can be really far off. It can grossly overestimate as well if a WU is paused and restarted as it calculates TPF based off the partial % completed as if it was the full %.

250 Million Folding Points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant x2  Foldathon Participant 2016  Foldathon Participant 2017  Forum Folding War 2017 

post #18 of 28 Old 10-11-2016, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
*cough* Stock *cough*

I feel like I'm chasing my tail sometimes (edit: I don't always word my questions well, this wasn't a shot at you for helping thumb.gif) Let me try to ask this a different way?

In the image, I circled the field that I want to know more about. Is this field the estimated QRB points, or something different?

post #19 of 28 Old 10-11-2016, 01:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by aBigRedBear View Post

I feel like I'm chasing my tail sometimes. Let me try to ask this a different way?

In the image, I circled the field that I want to know more about. Is this field the estimated QRB points, or something different?

What mmonnin said
What you have circled is the Actual points (base credit + QRB) you will get when you return the WU. Note, if you have slow upload speed this will lower that amount you will get.

Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant  1 Billion Folding Points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant x3  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016  Foldathon Participant 2017  Forum Folding War 2017 

post #20 of 28 Old 10-11-2016, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter
*cough* Stock *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanofsong View Post

What you have circled is the Actual points (base credit + QRB) you will get when you return the WU. Note, if you have slow upload speed this will lower that amount you will get.

How slow is slow? Is a 5 mbps upload going to impact my score?

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page