What's this then?
Well, to generate a bit of interest before the Chimp Challenge comes around, we thought we'd hold another event, one that will need you to band together into teams.
But it's not like the events that have gone before; each team member will have a "class", and will be competing for points aginst other teams in that class.
How does it work?
Each team will have 6 members. Each of those members must satisfy one of the following classes:
• ATi/AMD GPUs
• Non-Fermi nVidia GPUs
• Unicore WUs (Any CPU, but only one Unicore client allowed.)
• Fermi GPUs
Each class will have 24 hours to get as many points as possible, and when that's complete, points will be awarded to the 5 highest producers:
1st - 10pts
2nd - 7pts
3rd - 5pts
4th - 3pts
5th - 1pt
It will be a week-long event, with each class taking part each day. The event will begin on Monday the 4th of April, and the last stats will be tallied on Sunday the 10th of April.
Stats for each class start at 6pm BST each day, and end 6pm BST the next.
Class specific dates are as follows:
One piece of hardware per class only.
• Monday 4th - ATi GPUs (-bigadv also starts)
• Tuesday 5th - SMP
• Wednesday 6th - -bigadv points are tallied
• Thursday 7th - Non-Fermi GPUs
• Friday 8th - Unicore WUs
• Saturday 9th - Fermi GPUs
You may have noticed the "-bigadv also starts" note... that is explained below.
You may also join up on your own if you can't find a team, or just don't want to join one. You can enter as many classes as you wish, though you can't make a team consisting of just you.
Anything else we need to know?
Yes... if you intend to be a team captain, pay attention.
The stats are done like so. Each team member will need to request a new passkey (not a new username, just a passkey), and use that on their hardware for the day of their class. So a Fermi Folder will need to have a new passkey before the 10th. You can Fold with the passkey before your day; I'll offset the initial points. These stats will be automatic, and updated hourly (though either I or Chris will need to be online to update the spreadsheet).
However, for SMP and -bigadv, there's a bigger issue. There's no point asking people to get a new passkey, because you'd need to qualify for bonuses again. So, instead, we have a different method.
Team members in the -bigadv and SMP class will need to use HFM's "Work Unit History" tool, and submit a screenshot of it after their event, and I will tally up the points manually. An explanation of how to do this is in the spoilers below:
HFM WU History (Click to show)
• Open HFM and press CTRL+H.
• Click the "New" button in the top left.
• Click the drop down menu for "ProjectID" and choose Instance Name
• Double click the box under "Value", and enter the name of your client in HFM. For example, my instance name here is "PNY 9800GT":
• You should have something like this below. Click "Ok":
• Now click on the "Completion Date" column to sort by date. Make sure all entries for your dates are selected (6pm BST Monday 4th - 6pm BST Thursday 7th for -bigadv, and 6pm BST Wednesday 6th - 6pm BST Thursday 7th for SMP), and take a screenshot.
• Email that screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org
, with your OCN name.
I will only include SMP WUs sumbitted on the 6th of April (day for the SMP class), but since -bigadv is so long, I will take the first
-bigadv dropped between the 4th and the 7th.
As always, if you have any difficulties or questions, PM me. Where do I find/make a team?Sign up and looking for team threadSig Link:
[php] 2011 OCN Folding Competition Hosted in a Different City Every Four Years - April 4th-April 10th
[/php] 2011 OCN Folding Competition Hosted in a Different City Every Four Years - April 4th-April 10th