Sleeping Dogs PC Gaming Discussion And Performance Thread - Page 23 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #221 of 345 Old 09-04-2012, 01:22 PM
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadDamage View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I didn't like on the last level, the dude drilled into your knee and I wasn't even hurt and I could fight normal, after a few seconds. Also the last guy was too easy to beat should of been more like the guys with knifes or something very easy to counter. But besides the ending the game was good 8/10 for sure. Looking forward to GTA 5 now smile.gif

I felt like they should have added easter egg martial artists around the map that you had to really had to hunt to find. They would also be ridiculously hard to beat like the ultima weapons from FF7. Maybe some references to campy kung fu movies like the '5 deadly venoms'? biggrin.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 345 Old 09-04-2012, 02:23 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

So even before the 1.5 patch, you have had rubbish scaling?

At anything lower than 1620p? YES
I mean even at 1620p its not 99%. Its around 80-90%.

Edit: I believe the reason to this is I don't have everything cranked up to max. I've gone easy on AA and SSAO.

post #223 of 345 Old 09-04-2012, 02:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 99
My cpu usage doesn't change much between HT on or off. And there is a definite performance drop with MY pc with 1.5. A big difference. It seems like different systems are showing problems in different ways. Some on the grahics card side and some on the cpu side. The only consistent thing I see is no matter what the mouse and keyboard lag is always there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #224 of 345 Old 09-04-2012, 02:38 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac11 View Post

My cpu usage doesn't change much between HT on or off. And there is a definite performance drop with MY pc with 1.5. A big difference. It seems like different systems are showing problems in different ways. Some on the grahics card side and some on the cpu side. The only consistent thing I see is no matter what the mouse and keyboard lag is always there.

With v1.4 the game used to crash when I played for a long time with some OC on the CPU.
Since v1.5 says that it fixes stability issues and CPU timing, I think that issue would be fixed but since I've finished the game I don't really play it for that long any more.

About mouse, sometimes when I drag the mouse, the Phone's Camera doesn't even move an inch, and I have to move the mouse like crazy. It happened while I was taking photos of Amanda, and during a police case. It didn't happen while aiming at someone, if it did I'd really be mad tongue.gif

post #225 of 345 Old 09-04-2012, 02:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd955be5670 View Post

With v1.4 the game used to crash when I played for a long time with some OC on the CPU.
Since v1.5 says that it fixes stability issues and CPU timing, I think that issue would be fixed but since I've finished the game I don't really play it for that long any more.
About mouse, sometimes when I drag the mouse, the Phone's Camera doesn't even move an inch, and I have to move the mouse like crazy. It happened while I was taking photos of Amanda, and during a police case. It didn't happen while aiming at someone, if it did I'd really be mad tongue.gif

I don't remember one single crash, guess I'm lucky there smile.gif The control issues with the mouse and keyboard are far too many to list. Some prime examples, running and trying to catch someone and either going off a wall or running into a wall and trying to climb it w/o any input from me. In fighting trying to defend with the right mouse button and it accepts the input like 1 second later. Trying to enter a car to only find myself on the roof. And on and on.....

post #226 of 345 Old 09-04-2012, 03:44 PM
PSU Buff

Liked: 20
I never had a crash with Sleeping Dogs, but I have had issues with Razer products and the Xbox 360 controller. It seems if you do not touch the keyboard or mouse for a while, the controller will work fine, but it if you control the menu with a keyboard or mouse, the controller will freeze up ingame via running around or in a car but it will work with the menu ONLY.
post #228 of 345 Old 09-04-2012, 04:13 PM
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugi View Post

I never had a crash with Sleeping Dogs, but I have had issues with Razer products and the Xbox 360 controller. It seems if you do not touch the keyboard or mouse for a while, the controller will work fine, but it if you control the menu with a keyboard or mouse, the controller will freeze up ingame via running around or in a car but it will work with the menu ONLY.

I have a razer mouse and keyboard (with xbox wired controller plugged into the keyboard usb slot) and haven't had a problem hot swapping between them at will for gun fights/menus.

post #229 of 345 Old 09-04-2012, 04:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageofthepeon View Post

I have a razer mouse and keyboard (with xbox wired controller plugged into the keyboard usb slot) and haven't had a problem hot swapping between them at will for gun fights/menus.

See this is exactly what I refered to in a previous post, different problems, different systems. I realise this happens constantly but not to this extreme. My buddy has the game and has zero problems so I gave him my mouse and keyboard and they work perfect. He has close to my system except for video which he has 2 680's. He gets constant 75-90% gpu usage on both cards and very high cpu usage 76-93%. We spent the whole day yesterday swapping between systems trying to figure out what was going on.

post #230 of 345 Old 09-04-2012, 04:44 PM
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac11 View Post

See this is exactly what I refered to in a previous post, different problems, different systems. I realise this happens constantly but not to this extreme. My buddy has the game and has zero problems so I gave him my mouse and keyboard and they work perfect. He has close to my system except for video which he has 2 680's. He gets constant 75-90% gpu usage on both cards and very high cpu usage 76-93%. We spent the whole day yesterday swapping between systems trying to figure out what was going on.

Do you have any driver downloads from the Razer website installed? I haven't bothered with any of that yet.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page