How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade) - Page 15 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #141 of 1673 Old 09-20-2012, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter
Dark Themes Matter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derko1 View Post

Yep. That's what I have been doing. Any reason why I wouldn't just use those paramaters for all games? I'm guessing it doesn't look right with some? I just think this could just be my new ULTRA Ultra preset. smile.gif

You could probably use those for all games or even make the AA stronger. You could try lowering the threshold and corner rounding parameters even further. The ultra preset is always a good, reliable starting point because it's satisfactory for most games. I only edit it when I'm feeling adventurous or when I just want a little more oomph.

Migration_Sherpa  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 1673 Old 09-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Audiophile

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

Is the problem isolated to Sims 3? Have you tried any other games? I have seen scattered reports of dll overrides not working in Windows 8. I haven't been able to verify this because I don't have Windows 8.

It worked with:
War Inc: Battlezone
Tomb Raider: Anniversary

It had no effect on:
Audiosurf
CS:GO (I might have put it in the wrong place for this one)

It crashed:
The Sims 3

Results seem to be diff on each game. All on Windows 8 Pro.

Viper > Corvette.biggrin.gif
post #143 of 1673 Old 09-20-2012, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter
Dark Themes Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboy500 View Post

It worked with:
War Inc: Battlezone
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
It had no effect on:
Audiosurf
CS:GO (I might have put it in the wrong place for this one)
It crashed:
The Sims 3
Results seem to be diff on each game. All on Windows 8 Pro.

If CS:GO is anything like Black Mesa then it will require the files to be in two different locations. Take a look at the Black Mesa guide (in the OP, "Installation" section, under the "Exceptions" spoiler). Hopefully someone can comment on your Sims 3 issue.

Migration_Sherpa  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #144 of 1673 Old 09-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Audiophile

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

If CS:GO is anything like Black Mesa then it will require the files to be in two different locations. Take a look at the Black Mesa guide (in the OP, "Installation" section, under the "Exceptions" spoiler). Hopefully someone can comment on your Sims 3 issue.

A folder with my name doesn't even exist. All the games I have installed (besides CS:GO) are not from valve. And CS:GO is in the common folder.

And I mostly need this for Sims 3. Other games run fine, but Sims 3 only runs fine with the AA off but then everything looks extremely ugly.

Viper > Corvette.biggrin.gif
post #145 of 1673 Old 09-20-2012, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter
Dark Themes Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboy500 View Post

A folder with my name doesn't even exist. All the games I have installed (besides CS:GO) are not from valve. And CS:GO is in the common folder.
And I mostly need this for Sims 3. Other games run fine, but Sims 3 only runs fine with the AA off but then everything looks extremely ugly.

From my experience, if a game crashes then it's one of two things:

1)Permissions (you've convinced me that this is not the issue in this case, just make sure you run as admin anyway)

2)File locations

Since you mentioned your path was: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\

Fire a shot in the dark and copy all the files to "The Sims 3" and "Game" in addition to "Bin". See if that changes anything.

post #146 of 1673 Old 09-20-2012, 08:53 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 200
So I had not gotten a chance to try out SweetFX with Project CARS and it works great. It looks awesome... but I am unable to have the frame rate limited and also run sweetfx at the same time. The frame rate won't be limited if it's active. I'm using MSI AB to limit it btw. Anyway around this?

Edit: So to get them working together... you have to enable "comparability with modified Direct3D runtime libraries". thumb.gif

skull.gif[Official] Delidded Crewman skull.gifCurrently Playing
Dead Space 2 | Batman Arkham Asylum | Grid AS | Mass Effect 2 | The Wolf Among Us | Max Payne 3
Finished Games
Anamoly | Home | DLC Quest | Limbo | Dead Space | Tomb Raider | Oil Rush | Legendary
The Walking Dead | Ittle Dew | Saints Row The Third | Outlast | Dyad | Max Payne | Max Payne 2
Steam Profile
post #147 of 1673 Old 09-21-2012, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
Dark Themes Matter

post #148 of 1673 Old 09-22-2012, 11:42 AM
PC Gamer

I'm curuious but what type of performance do you get in that game... for me after getting out of the boat onto the island during the first part... it became unplayable. With my system I get around 12fps ALWAYS while it's raining. No matter the settings or tweaks that I use... mad.gif

Dead Space 2 | Batman Arkham Asylum | Grid AS | Mass Effect 2 | The Wolf Among Us | Max Payne 3
Finished Games
Anamoly | Home | DLC Quest | Limbo | Dead Space | Tomb Raider | Oil Rush | Legendary
The Walking Dead | Ittle Dew | Saints Row The Third | Outlast | Dyad | Max Payne | Max Payne 2
Steam Profile
post #149 of 1673 Old 09-22-2012, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter
Dark Themes Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derko1 View Post

I'm curuious but what type of performance do you get in that game... for me after getting out of the boat onto the island during the first part... it became unplayable. With my system I get around 12fps ALWAYS while it's raining. No matter the settings or tweaks that I use... mad.gif

The game is plagued by a handful of performance and stability issues. I loaded up my last save and waited for it to rain. Didn't have to wait too long as you can probably guess from the clouds. The framerate during rain was ~43-45fps and GPU usage was pegged at 99%. I forgot to save during the rain so I didn't test rain+SweetFX but it shouldn't be too different.

post #150 of 1673 Old 09-22-2012, 07:23 PM
PC Gamer

So I disabled Crossfire... and I get the exact same performance. With crossfire on, I get 60fps everywhere, but when looking at towns. I get 10-30fps when looking at towns.

Finished Games
Steam Profile

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page