How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade) - Page 33 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #321 of 1673 Old 11-05-2012, 03:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

Edit your game's short and make sure the "start in" field is "E:\Program Files (x86)\bitComposer Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat" and not the bin folder.

I'm not sure why you're still having errors. Try copying everything to both the bin folder and the main folder.

I'll pass that along to the developer.

I start path is "E:\Program Files (x86)\bitComposer Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat"

in the log.log what does 'D3DX11CompileFromFile failed' mean?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #322 of 1673 Old 11-05-2012, 04:28 AM - Thread Starter
Dark Themes Matter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by McForum View Post

I start path is "E:\Program Files (x86)\bitComposer Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat"
in the log.log what does 'D3DX11CompileFromFile failed' mean?

It means it can't find the SweetFX folder. Anyone can produce that error by renaming/moving/deleting the SweetFX folder so the injector can't find it. Make sure the "E:\Program Files (x86)\bitComposer Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\SweetFX" folder (and its contents) exists.

Migration_Sherpa  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #323 of 1673 Old 11-05-2012, 05:29 AM

Quote:

It means it can't find the SweetFX folder. Anyone can produce that error by renaming/moving/deleting the SweetFX folder so the injector can't find it. Make sure the "E:\Program Files (x86)\bitComposer Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\SweetFX" folder (and its contents) exists.

Everything is in its proper place. The configurator installs the files.
There is some kind of path problem.

This Stalker COP is a standard install without any mods.
Since the game works without sweetfx installed, then it must be something to do with sweetfx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #324 of 1673 Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter
Dark Themes Matter

Quote:

Everything is in its proper place. The configurator installs the files.
There is some kind of path problem.
This Stalker COP is a standard install without any mods.
Since the game works without sweetfx installed, then it must be something to do with sweetfx.

The configurator is currently incapable of automatically copying SweetFX to the correct locations for games that require non-standard paths. You need to manually install SweetFX for CoP. I have Stalker CoP and SweetFX running fine on my system.

Migration_Sherpa  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #325 of 1673 Old 11-05-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:

The configurator is currently incapable of automatically copying SweetFX to the correct locations for games that require non-standard paths. You need to manually install SweetFX for CoP. I have Stalker CoP and SweetFX running fine on my system.

Understood!

What qualifies as a 'non-standard path'. I have my games on drive 'e'. Does SweetFX only work for games on the 'c' drive?

The SweeFX folder can only go to the 'main game folder' or 'bin' in this cast, and neither place allows game to work.

What drive do you have the Stalker games installed on?

So where do you have these SweetFx files placed in COP?

Note that my SHOC runs ok.
post #326 of 1673 Old 11-05-2012, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter
Dark Themes Matter

Quote:

Understood!
What qualifies as a 'non-standard path'. I have my games on drive 'e'. Does SweetFX only work for games on the 'c' drive?
The SweeFX folder can only go to the 'main game folder' or 'bin' in this cast, and neither place allows game to work.
What drive do you have the Stalker games installed on?
So where do you have these SweetFx files placed in COP?
Note that my SHOC runs ok.

The vast majority games run fine with all the files copied next to the main exe. That is the standard way of installing injectors. Some games like Stalker CoP/CS, Crysis and Crysis 2 require the files in two different locations. In this case it's the "bin" folder and the "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat" folder.

post #327 of 1673 Old 11-05-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:

The vast majority games run fine with all the files copied next to the main exe. That is the standard way of installing injectors. Some games like Stalker CoP/CS, Crysis and Crysis 2 require the files in two different locations. In this case it's the "bin" folder and the "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat" folder.

I understand what you are saying, but since SweetFX works with CoP for you it should work for me.

Please tell me what sweetfx files are in what directory. I will mimic that setup and see what happens.

Also do you run CoP from a desktop icon, or by inserting the cd?
post #328 of 1673 Old 11-05-2012, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter
Dark Themes Matter

Quote:

I understand what you are saying, but since SweetFX works with CoP for you it should work for me.
Please tell me what sweetfx files are in what directory. I will mimic that setup and see what happens.
Also do you run CoP from a desktop icon, or by inserting the cd?

I have dxgi.dll and injector.ini in "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\bin" (if you play in DX9 mode you'll also need d3d9.dll here). Everything is in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat" folder (5 files and 1 folder). There shouldn't be any difference between using the desktop shortcut and inserting the cd.

Since there's been a lot of talk of CoP and no screenshots, I decided to take a few and add some overpowered sepia, just for fun. 

Stalker Call of Pripyat

SweetFX (Different settings)

700 700

700 700

700 700

700 700

post #329 of 1673 Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:

I was never able to get it to work with Warcraft 3. Starcraft 2 is probably no different.
Hello everyone!!! Greetings from Argentina : ) For warcraft 3 the solution is via proxy library.I personally use enb for oblivion 0.075b with the dx8todx9 conversor,The results are very good, but try to use bloom from enb instead of sweetfx. GL HF

WalterDonda_Warcraft3.zip 343k .zip file
post #330 of 1673 Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Back Soon

Liked: 631
@Derko1: thanks for your input but ive done that to no avail, all games work properly without SweetFX, when i use it it defaults all games to intel hd4000, its the dll. from sweetfx that makes optimus change to intel 4000, there must be a way to configure sweetfx to change this.

@TFL Replica: do you know anything about this?
i asked already in guru3d forum but no one replied, so youre my last hope. going to send a private massage to CeeJay.dk the creator of sweetfx to see i he can help me.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me!

Cheers

Ed

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page