Mouse stuttering and beeping at me. - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 19 Old 03-26-2013, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I'd try disabling sound for a bit.

I'd also run task manager with the processes tab on your 2nd monitor to see if anything peaks while it goes on. If nothing does, I would actually move the install to a different disk drive. Thats pretty easy with WoW, you just cut and paste then wait a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 03-27-2013, 02:09 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 17
Try using ATiMAN uninstaller then reinstall your graphics drivers, run a virus scan, download CCleaner and have it analyze your registry, WoW automatically scans the integrity of the game files when you open the launcher so I doubt thats a problem. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and if that doesn't work a fresh OS install may do the trick. thumb.gif
Tadaen Sylvermane likes this.

post #13 of 19 Old 03-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 15
Try using a different keyboard, stay away from MS if you have another you can get your hands on. Driver conflict maybe. Another fellow had his MS XBOX controller drivers mess with his game performance a couple weeks ago. I'd try a keyboard/mouse swap before reinstalling OS or game files.
Tadaen Sylvermane likes this.

As Charles Darwin observed, "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
There IS a life outside, as long as no one trips over my cord!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 Old 04-21-2013, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Liked: 60
Found my answer here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/mouse-beeps-and-stutters/60e2adff-9656-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5?msgId=bdd6a87f-5b57-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5&tab=AllReplies#tabs

Been fine for 2 days now, not a single beeping session yet. Specifically for me I had to uninstall the usb stuff and let it re-install itself at restart.

yessir.gif[Free Your Mind!]yessir.gif
devil.gif
echo"The`uname`Club"devil.gif

"Figure out everything you want in life right now, then plan on spending the next 25 years getting it piece by piece..."

Think Different. List of Linux System Builders / Retailers
post #15 of 19 Old 04-21-2013, 01:19 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadaen Sylvermane View Post

Found my answer here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/mouse-beeps-and-stutters/60e2adff-9656-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5?msgId=bdd6a87f-5b57-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5&tab=AllReplies#tabs

Been fine for 2 days now, not a single beeping session yet. Specifically for me I had to uninstall the usb stuff and let it re-install itself at restart.

Thanks for the update. I will try this out on my HTPC that has the same issue occasionally. 

- Laing DDC pump w/ XSPC reservoir top
- Apogee HD CPU waterblock
- Distilled + kill coil
- 280mm Magicool slim rad + 120mm XSPC slim rad
post #16 of 19 Old 04-27-2013, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Started again : / . Still searching.

devil.gif

"Figure out everything you want in life right now, then plan on spending the next 25 years getting it piece by piece..."

post #17 of 19 Old 04-28-2013, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Ok still happening. Things I have done.

Try different mouse / keyboard and removing n52te altogether. Not microsoft stuff. Also tried different usb ports thinking 1 may be going bad.
Reset CMOS
Reinstalled graphics drivers (same ones I had already).
Updated the chipset, audio, lan driver for the motherboard just today.
Fixed a problem that I had with my webcam that was causing bluescreens. ( http://www.overclock.net/t/1382653/what-is-this-a-sign-of . Thought these were linked but it didn't have any effect on the beeping / stuttering)
Cleaned out case of all dust just a couple days ago with compressor. Also double-checked every connection inside the case.
Checked every other driver for all my hardware, all current.
Defragged, scanned registry with CCleaner, full scans with spybot, malwarebytes, avast.
I tried the link I posted again, this time uninstalling everything usb and letting it reinstall on reboot.
Installed HWmonitor, temps are fine. CPU hovers around 50c when in game. GPU never goes above 62-64c ( a bit warm but certainly not enough to cause problems from what I understand)

I really don't want to have to reinstall as my internet is not good and it will put me down for at least 3-5 days to get everything back the way I like it. Any other ideas?

*EDIT*

Just found a thread from awhile back on some other forum. It says to fix this I should change the processor scheduling for best performance to background services instead of programs. Is this a legitimate idea? Or will this end up badly?

devil.gif

post #18 of 19 Old 05-02-2013, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Update

Thought I was fine, no beeping in 2-3 days since I did a full fresh install. The only thing I saved from my old install was my wow ui files. But it just now did it again. Telling me it's a hardware problem somewhere but don't know how to track it down. Running out of things to try. Still looking for an answer on this idea I found. It makes me nervous to try it because it deals with processor stuff and I don't know how it will affect things.
Quote:
Just found a thread from awhile back on some other forum. It says to fix this I should change the processor scheduling for best performance to background services instead of programs. Is this a legitimate idea? Or will this end up badly?

Any advice on this idea or if it even makes sense would be appreciated. Also still looking for other ideas & suggestions as this problem survived a full format and reinstall. I'm completely lost right now.

devil.gif

post #19 of 19 Old 05-12-2013, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Bumping. New issues as well. Beginning to think this is a usb problem with the motherboard now. The beeping still happens occasionally, now outside of game as well as in game. The front ports on my case have been having issues sometimes not recognizing my flash drive or my 500gb 2.5 wester digital usb drive. Plugging in the hard drive occasionally results in a restart of the whole computer I knowthat's a grounding issue although I can't trace where the bad ground is. At this point I'm thinking the usb controller on the mobo has had it so I'm likely looking at a new motherboard, although at that point since I want to do the video card and ram anyway I'll probably just build a new system. Gonna try intel / nvidia this time.

Last update on problem, will not be posting again as no one seems to have any ideas and with other problems I'm leaning towards a usb failure on the motherboard so that is that I suppose. Thank you for the few ideas I did get. Hopefully this problem doesn't follow me to a new build. If anyone has any other ideas though will check back for a few days to try them out. Be nice to build a new machine but other than video card and ram this thing has done me well and I hate to dump it so soon.

devil.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page