[Official] Assetto Corsa Information & Discussion Thread - Page 131 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1301 of 1636 Old 08-01-2016, 02:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 188
So we are not getting a Ferrari Enzo because one of the developers or owners named Marco dislikes the car? This is why I dislike small studios. Especially Kunos which comes across as a bunch of arrogant Italian dudes. The fact that the consoles cars will be a paid DLC sucks. But at least we are getting the MC12. I am glad that the Porsche Pack will include 24 cars despite not being a Porsche fan but no other manufacturers til 2017 is kind of lame in my opinion.

It is going to be hard to keep playing Assetto Corsa when Horizon 3 is about to get released in September which is rather soon. Of course the two games are very different but the amount of Ferraris included in Horizon 3 almost exceeds the total amount of cars available in Assetto Corsa. Forza Horizon 3 has one of the best cars lists I have ever seen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1302 of 1636 Old 08-01-2016, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter
Apple Enthusiast

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post

So we are not getting a Ferrari Enzo because one of the developers or owners named Marco dislikes the car? This is why I dislike small studios. Especially Kunos which comes across as a bunch of arrogant Italian dudes. The fact that the consoles cars will be a paid DLC sucks. But at least we are getting the MC12. I am glad that the Porsche Pack will include 24 cars despite not being a Porsche fan but no other manufacturers til 2017 is kind of lame in my opinion.

It is going to be hard to keep playing Assetto Corsa when Horizon 3 is about to get released in September which is rather soon. Of course the two games are very different but the amount of Ferraris included in Horizon 3 almost exceeds the total amount of cars available in Assetto Corsa. Forza Horizon 3 has one of the best cars lists I have ever seen.

So they must get the Ferrari Enzo and other misc. cars because one of the owners of the game wants it?

This game clearly isn't for you. You hate everything they do and don't want a simulator. Go play Forza or NFS or something.

15 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #1303 of 1636 Old 08-01-2016, 03:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post

Son, you are playing the completely wrong game. Go play Forza and quit your moaning.

Chimp Challenge Participant 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1304 of 1636 Old 08-01-2016, 04:21 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

The Ferrari 488 GT3 is way too fast.

It has similar downforce to the Z4 GT3 (GT3 car with the most downforce), similar mechanical grip to the 650S GT3 (GT3 car with the most mechanical grip), similar acceleration to the GTR GT3 (GT3 car with the fastest acceleration), and a similar top speed to the Corvette C7.R GTE (two classes higher than the 488).

At the end of the straight on the Nordschleife, I was doing 280 km/h in the 488 GT3 and it was still accelerating by the time I had to brake for the corner. I am also a full 5 seconds quicker on the Nordschleife Endurance with the 488 GT3 than I am with the Corvette C7.R.

Definitely the easiest GT3 car to set a blistering time with but that is to be expected of the newer GT3 cars. The amount of development going into these cars every year is amazing and the improved pace of the newer cars is even apparent in the real world. Similar situation with the huracan at release but that got BOP'd quick even in-game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownm View Post

This game is pretty awesome. I was never able to enjoy it because AMD crossfire sucks, any profile results in blank screen.

Since I moved to 980 Ti i was able to crank all settings and run 1440p with good 60fps+. IMO better than project CARS
I run the game well above 60fps at 1440p; medium shadow resolution and reflection at low with every other setting maxed with an R9 290. I dip into the 60-70s only in some 24 man servers.
post #1305 of 1636 Old 08-01-2016, 04:37 AM - Thread Starter
Apple Enthusiast

The Nissan GT-R used to be the fastest GT3 car, the 488 GT3 is too fast and Kunos have said that IIRC. The only problem I find with the Nissan GTR GT3 is that it's so sensitive to suspension setup changes.

The Z4 GT3 is still my favourite (with the Miku skin biggrin.gif ), and that's a really fun and easy car to start / drive.

post #1306 of 1636 Old 08-01-2016, 10:22 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex132 View Post

The Nissan GT-R used to be the fastest GT3 car, the 488 GT3 is too fast and Kunos have said that IIRC. The only problem I find with the Nissan GTR GT3 is that it's so sensitive to suspension setup changes.

The Z4 GT3 is still my favourite (with the Miku skin biggrin.gif ), and that's a really fun and easy car to start / drive.
The Z4 GT3 is very fast in the right hands. In terms of pace, it seems to be the only OG GT3 that hasn't aged a bit. With that said though, it's not my cup of tea. It's super awesome on brakes but, overall, it handles wierd compared to other FR GT3s.
post #1307 of 1636 Old 08-01-2016, 12:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

The Ferrari 488 GT3 is way too fast.

It has similar downforce to the Z4 GT3 (GT3 car with the most downforce), similar mechanical grip to the 650S GT3 (GT3 car with the most mechanical grip), similar acceleration to the GTR GT3 (GT3 car with the fastest acceleration), and a similar top speed to the Corvette C7.R GTE (two classes higher than the 488).

At the end of the straight on the Nordschleife, I was doing 280 km/h in the 488 GT3 and it was still accelerating by the time I had to brake for the corner. I am also a full 5 seconds quicker on the Nordschleife Endurance with the 488 GT3 than I am with the Corvette C7.R.

Definitely the easiest GT3 car to set a blistering time with but that is to be expected of the newer GT3 cars. The amount of development going into these cars every year is amazing and the improved pace of the newer cars is even apparent in the real world. Similar situation with the huracan at release but that got BOP'd quick even in-game.
Quote:

This game is pretty awesome. I was never able to enjoy it because AMD crossfire sucks, any profile results in blank screen.

Since I moved to 980 Ti i was able to crank all settings and run 1440p with good 60fps+. IMO better than project CARS
I run the game well above 60fps at 1440p; medium shadow resolution and reflection at low with every other setting maxed with an R9 290. I dip into the 60-70s only in some 24 man servers.

I guess I just wanted to max the game out. I had crossfire 290s and I felt like it was a shame I'm playing medium settings because there is no Cf support.

Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

post #1308 of 1636 Old 08-01-2016, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
Apple Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex132 View Post

The Z4 GT3 is very fast in the right hands. In terms of pace, it seems to be the only OG GT3 that hasn't aged a bit. With that said though, it's not my cup of tea. It's super awesome on brakes but, overall, it handles wierd compared to other FR GT3s.

It's understeer haven. The GT-R for me handles weirdly. The understeer at medium-high speeds is very noticeable and then the oversteer at low speeds is annoying.

post #1309 of 1636 Old 08-01-2016, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter
Apple Enthusiast

Quote:

I guess I just wanted to max the game out. I had crossfire 290s and I felt like it was a shame I'm playing medium settings because there is no Cf support.

I play basically maxed out on 1 290X.

post #1310 of 1636 Old 08-02-2016, 08:27 AM

Liked: 188
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya is coming to consoles later this month. By the looks of it, it is going to be included in an upcoming DLC for PC.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page