post #31 of 69 Old 12-18-2013, 10:20 AM
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyMorphist View Post

So basically, Battlefield is just like CoD?

You seem touchy. Have I offended you? What kind of an answer is that?

It was a genuine question- if you are not capable of creating a mature & constructive reply (it only takes a minute to do) then do not reply at all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 69 Old 12-18-2013, 10:30 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by VindalooJim View Post

It was a genuine question- if you are not capable of creating a mature & constructive reply (it only takes a minute to do) then do not reply at all.

So the short and sweet of it is yes. Starbound has almost identical core game mechanics. BUT! Starbound has expanded and improved the idea of a do what you want 2d sidescroller more than 10 fold. Instead of being stuck on one pre generated planet that only has a few things you now have an entire universe of stuff to find and do! They do an amazing job of making every planet unique in its own way (atleast I think so). Its everything I always wanted terraria to be and more!

Just my 2 cents thumb.gif
VindalooJim likes this.

post #33 of 69 Old 12-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Programmer

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by VindalooJim View Post

I am indeed slightly offended. Why be so naive and ask such a controversial question when you can just Google the game? What kind of answer did you expect to get? If I went to the the Battlefield 4 information and discussion thread asking a similarly ignorant question, insults and sarcastic comments will ensue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 69 Old 12-18-2013, 10:35 AM
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddreder View Post

So the short and sweet of it is yes. Starbound has almost identical core game mechanics. BUT! Starbound has expanded and improved the idea of a do what you want 2d sidescroller more than 10 fold. Instead of being stuck on one pre generated planet that only has a few things you now have an entire universe of stuff to find and do! They do an amazing job of making every planet unique in its own way (atleast I think so). Its everything I always wanted terraria to be and more!

Just my 2 cents thumb.gif

Cool. Cheers dude +REP for you.

post #35 of 69 Old 12-18-2013, 10:47 AM
AMD Overclocker

Liked: 75
Is anyone else having low fps issues? I assume it's because my 290 basically stays in idle clocks, anyone know how I can prevent this? I'm fairly new to CCC so I'd appreciate any help!

Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed

ductus exemplo
post #36 of 69 Old 12-18-2013, 10:58 AM
PC Gamer

Quote:

I am indeed slightly offended.

Then get out more, and get a thicker skin while your at it- you need it.
Quote:

Why be so naive and ask such a controversial question when you can just Google the game?

Controversial? You really don't get out much do you.

I don't need to Google the game, I've got a brief understanding of the concept of the game- to me it seems very similar to Terraria. Why does this upset you?

If it is similar to Terraria, just answer yes. If it isn't then enlighten me, and explain to me why it isn't. If you can't do this or don't want to do this, then please, do not post.

In case you've not noticed, I am a member of overclock.net. This is the Starbound thread on OCN. Where better to ask than the community on OCN.

Are you telling me you never ask a single question on a forum because of Google.... Didn't think so.
Quote:

What kind of answer did you expect to get?

A constructive, helpful and mature answer might of been nice- which is the total opposite to the "answer" you gave me. You're not giving a very good impression of the Starbound community- I hope the rest of the Starbound community isn't like you.
Quote:

If I went to the the Battlefield 4 information and discussion thread asking a similarly ignorant question, insults and sarcastic comments will ensue.

A. It is never ignorant to ask a valid question.
and
B. So, because there are some simple minded people who resort to insults and sarcastic comments in different threads- that makes it OK for you to behave like that in this thread?

post #37 of 69 Old 12-18-2013, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter
Case Modder

Liked: 50
Going to try my best and update the OP with the latest news.

If anyone has a server running than I'd love to put the address into the OP thumb.gif.

Edit: Added server list sites and mod sites.

post #38 of 69 Old 12-18-2013, 03:00 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGordon View Post

Going to try my best and update the OP with the latest news.

If anyone has a server running than I'd love to put the address into the OP thumb.gif.

Edit: Added server list sites and mod sites.

After the final wipe ill probably post my server. We have stopped playing until then. I just hate wasting time on something that wont save..

post #39 of 69 Old 12-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddreder View Post

After the final wipe ill probably post my server. We have stopped playing until then. I just hate wasting time on something that wont save..

Same here...might as well go experience the new content in Terraria, rumors of Terraria 2.0 are spreading, not much info on it but Red looks like he's working on it.

But really it's not a waste of time playing the game over again as I've found several bugs, crashes and such and reported them already. A responsibility I took on when I backed the game. :P

post #40 of 69 Old 12-20-2013, 03:25 PM

Liked: 92
There is always mods, guys. smile.gif The modding community is growing fast. Yeah, knowing your characters will get wiped is a bit discouraging, but considering how fast mods have been coming out, each time will be a completely new experience anyway. In that case, it's kind of like Elder Scrolls games or new Fallout games. I'll end up starting new characters to play with a different set of mods anyway. I'm about to start a new play-through with some new ship mods and a bunch of other neat little things I've found.

I'm absolutely loving this game. Yes, it's quite a bit like Terraria (for obvious reasons) but there is a lot that's different and it doesn't feel the same at all. Also, I'm loving that Tiy has been implementing mods into the game. A couple examples are a recent Skyrails mod and a turret mod that were recently released and skyrails are confirmed for the next update.

I don't know what it is, but there's something about these games that get me hooked so fast and I find myself dumping an insane amount of time into them. I have more hours invested in Terraria than any other game that I've played and I almost have more hours invested in Starbound than I do BF4 and I've had Starbound for less time. tongue.gif

Moo.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page