WoW AGP graphic card help!!! - Page 3 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 50 Old 03-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Aahahahahahaha
 
Mr. Stroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Riley, Michigan
Posts: 2,660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Here is my suggestion

Radeon HD 2600XT 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X


My brother in law has a rig like your with 1gig and a 3.2ghz p4 and he gets 70fps in WoW or something like that.

Epic Thread trust me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecrtAgentMan go_quote.gif
*Phew* Good thing the world will end in 2012 so we won't have to deal with this.
Mr. Stroker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 50 Old 03-30-2008, 05:51 PM
333mhz
 
AMDorElse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Sapphire 2600 XT 256MB AGP 8X... I've had mine for 5-6 months, Wow doesn't even phase it. COD4 runs great at 1280x1024 on medium settings. + DirectX 10 support and HD.

Of course now that Sapphire 3850 AGP is out I would go that route instead.

AMDorElse is offline  
post #23 of 50 Old 03-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Misogamist
 
CravinR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 16,149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 982
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/faq/technology.html

The minimum card to run it at max is a FX 5700 ..... doesn't take much

3770k@4.5 http://valid.x86.fr/0lv27p
8350@4.5 http://valid.x86.fr/rgh5nk
4670k@4.4 http://valid.x86.fr/swavhi
8310@4.5 http://valid.x86.fr/3nxlhi
Asus G75vw http://valid.x86.fr/tdt7t7
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4inkill3r go_quote.gif

Also, we're discussing intel because it seems like there's no way to enforce pure-AMD build threads in this forum. It should be renamed the 'you really want intel instead' forum.

1 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

CravinR1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 50 Old 04-02-2008, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer
 
THEoBZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 2,707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinbonz View Post
Ok scratch that. I found a used nvidia 6800xt recently for cheap. i dont think youll have any problems finding what you need for Wow. Is that all you play? if so just get the recommendations fromthe guys which i think there were a few already. Buy only what you need if thats the case.

I know i had a hard time picking a video card cause everyone recommends something different. I eventually broke and bought an 8600gts , alot of people gave me a hard time but the price was right and i can max out bf2 so i guess i couldnt be happier. Good luck !! matter of fact im gonna suggest something now. dunno wow specs or anything but hows this one
As of right now it is the only game I play.

Don't look at me like a computer noob guys. I've worked with, and have built some great computers for myself and customers. As of right now I am just saving all the money I can because I start college soon, and I would like to buy a top of the line computer.

I do not want to buy a card that is to much for the game, I ask for your opinions because I know you guys know what is necessary to max this game out. I don't need overkill, because in a few months I will only be using this computer for when my buddies come over and want to play WoW, WC:3, C&C's etc.

I appreciate everyones help, but I am still on the look for a AGP card.

Right now I am looking to most likely buy the 2600pro/xt
THEoBZ is offline  
post #25 of 50 Old 04-02-2008, 06:47 PM
4.0ghz
 
sublime0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,020
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEoBZ View Post
As of right now it is the only game I play.

Don't look at me like a computer noob guys. I've worked with, and have built some great computers for myself and customers. As of right now I am just saving all the money I can because I start college soon, and I would like to buy a top of the line computer.

I do not want to buy a card that is to much for the game, I ask for your opinions because I know you guys know what is necessary to max this game out. I don't need overkill, because in a few months I will only be using this computer for when my buddies come over and want to play WoW, WC:3, C&C's etc.

I appreciate everyones help, but I am still on the look for a AGP card.

Right now I am looking to most likely buy the 2600pro/xt
Then why do you have an AGP rig? And why dont your post your specs so we can help? We are not looking at you like you are a noob. When you give us adiquite info then we can help.
sublime0 is offline  
post #26 of 50 Old 04-02-2008, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer
 
THEoBZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 2,707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEoBZ View Post
Hey guys!

I have a P4 2.6ghz, 512 ram dell.

It plays wow perfectly, except it doesnt look all that great. What is a decent AGP graphic card I can get to help make WoW look better?
Read post 'one'?

I got a few people pm'ing me thinking I didn't know what I am doing. I know most of you are helping me, and im just updating everyone on what I found.


I have a AGP rig because that is how Dell made it lol? Nah, just playing. I sold my Quad Core comp a few months ago because of money problems.
THEoBZ is offline  
post #27 of 50 Old 04-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Misogamist
 
CravinR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 16,149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 982
speaking from experience

My son has a 7600 GT and he can max out WoW at 1440x900 (19" widescreen) and he can max out CS:S and run pretty high on NFS:MW and NFS:Carbon

I highly recommend the 7600 GT, it'll play BF2 on upper settings (with 2 gigs of ram)

3770k@4.5 http://valid.x86.fr/0lv27p
8350@4.5 http://valid.x86.fr/rgh5nk
4670k@4.4 http://valid.x86.fr/swavhi
8310@4.5 http://valid.x86.fr/3nxlhi
Asus G75vw http://valid.x86.fr/tdt7t7
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4inkill3r go_quote.gif

Also, we're discussing intel because it seems like there's no way to enforce pure-AMD build threads in this forum. It should be renamed the 'you really want intel instead' forum.

1 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

CravinR1 is offline  
post #28 of 50 Old 04-02-2008, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer
 
THEoBZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 2,707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Yea, the 7600GT's are very impressive.

I think I have a good idea on what I need guys.

Thanks for all the help! I really do appreciate you guys!
sublime0 likes this.
THEoBZ is offline  
post #29 of 50 Old 04-02-2008, 07:11 PM
4.0ghz
 
sublime0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,020
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEoBZ View Post
Yea, the 7600GT's are very impressive.

I think I have a good idea on what I need guys.

Thanks for all the help! I really do appreciate you guys!
The 7600GT is perfect for you. I had 2x7600GS in sli and they are nice. You will be able to play wow on full with a 7600GT.
sublime0 is offline  
post #30 of 50 Old 04-02-2008, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer
 
THEoBZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 2,707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Alright thanks sublime. I think I will search for a 7600GT first, and go from there.
THEoBZ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off