[Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 2567 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #25661 of 30163 Old 11-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Overclocker in Training

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

Nice! I take it your interested in Blizzards other games?

If you walk to the very back corner of Blizzcon, you'll see a janitors closet. If you look closely, you'll notice there's a post-it with "Diablo 3 area" scrawled in sharpie. They make the new intern man it as a sort of hazing ritual.
No interest in the other games. Ticket was free. Going to get out of the house, see an old friend for the weekend, and possibly network for jobs after school.
Plus, wouldn't mind seeing linkin park perform.
I can also apparently get tickets for e3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25662 of 30163 Old 11-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Retired Staff

Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHMfreak View Post

No interest in the other games. Ticket was free. Going to get out of the house, see an old friend for the weekend, and possibly network for jobs after school.

Definitely worth going if you can get in for free, especially since there's a concert too.

post #25663 of 30163 Old 11-04-2015, 05:27 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 145
Quote:

Definitely worth going if you can get in for free, especially since there's a concert too.
Yeah, and a free after party with pc gamer, let's see if the other nerds can keep up with me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25664 of 30163 Old 11-04-2015, 05:31 PM
733mhz

Liked: 7
Has anyone else been having issues with D3 running like complete garbage? I get stutters all the time, nothing is smooth. Everything is on an ssd, I just cant figure out WTH is going on with it, it really makes me not want to play it!! lol
post #25665 of 30163 Old 11-05-2015, 08:37 AM
No-Post

Liked: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk8808 View Post

Has anyone else been having issues with D3 running like complete garbage? I get stutters all the time, nothing is smooth. Everything is on an ssd, I just cant figure out WTH is going on with it, it really makes me not want to play it!! lol

I found it is smoothest for me when I uncap the FPS and run borderless window. But yeah, it runs like poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoray go_quote.gif

It puts the shoe in its mouth or else it gets deleted again.
#solefood
post #25666 of 30163 Old 11-05-2015, 09:24 AM

Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans81 View Post

I think this season has run its course. Time to talk about rapping it up mid December and firing up the next as a day after Christmas present.

ha, not likely. one thing about the software industry - unless they're charging hard for CES (with the perq of the AVNs), and in which case they should have their sheeit done by T-day or early December at the latest, they tend to let it slide a bit the month of December. There might be PTR content during December but I'd highly doubt there would be a release by end of the month.

Quote:

Nice! I take it your interested in Blizzards other games?

If you walk to the very back corner of Blizzcon, you'll see a janitors closet. If you look closely, you'll notice there's a post-it with "Diablo 3 area" scrawled in sharpie. They make the new intern man it as a sort of hazing ritual.

lol - while I'm sure it isn't quite that bad, it probably isn't much better. tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by inedenimadam View Post

I found it is smoothest for me when I uncap the FPS and run borderless window. But yeah, it runs like poop.

I guess I've been lucky cause I haven't had any issues other than the occasional hiccup due to server lag or what not. E.g. - cesspools used to be bad regardless of what anyone ran on. if you weren't aware, (the other guy Hawk, not you Eden) D3 is locked to 60fps (I think?) so if you run a super-poo monitor @ 144Hz, etc., you may actually be fighting yourself. There are also issues where you can drop audio quality to make it run better, etc. I'm sure if you look up D3 performance there are a whackload of threads, including this one, but I'm not sure if anyone ever captured all the tweaks and added to the first post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHMfreak View Post

so how are you able to finagle all o' that. I'm not the biggest Linkin' Park fan, but I'd go to a concert for free, along with afterparty fo' sho'!
post #25667 of 30163 Old 11-05-2015, 10:46 AM
No-Post

Liked: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahu View Post

Quote:

I guess I've been lucky cause I haven't had any issues other than the occasional hiccup due to server lag or what not. E.g. - cesspools used to be bad regardless of what anyone ran on. if you weren't aware, (the other guy Hawk, not you Eden) D3 is locked to 60fps (I think?) so if you run a super-poo monitor @ 144Hz, etc., you may actually be fighting yourself. There are also issues where you can drop audio quality to make it run better, etc. I'm sure if you look up D3 performance there are a whackload of threads, including this one, but I'm not sure if anyone ever captured all the tweaks and added to the first post.

It could be an SLI issue, or a 4k issue, but when I run fullscreen I get the 59-60 jitters, and it is noticeable. That is why I run borderless with no cap, so it runs solid 60 with no drops. The server lag situation is just ridiculous, and according to some quick research, is just on the NA servers. The Chineese servers are running the same meta and using LoH, AD, Toxin, Pain Enhancer...with zero hiccups. The EU servers also don't suffer from lag. The Chinese are a more lucrative model for Blizzard because of the item shop, and the EU servers are leased. My hardest battle in D3 is server lag, and it is really starting to tick me off.

I hope JT gets up on stage when he is lit like a x-mas tree and shows his backside, while screaming "I got your D3 servers right here!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoray go_quote.gif

It puts the shoe in its mouth or else it gets deleted again.
#solefood
post #25668 of 30163 Old 11-05-2015, 11:08 AM

Liked: 52
^careful - Blizz might just take him up on that offer and connect the "trunk" to his "backbone." blinksmiley.gif
post #25669 of 30163 Old 11-05-2015, 12:48 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 241
Quote:

It could be an SLI issue, or a 4k issue, but when I run fullscreen I get the 59-60 jitters, and it is noticeable. That is why I run borderless with no cap, so it runs solid 60 with no drops. The server lag situation is just ridiculous, and according to some quick research, is just on the NA servers. The Chineese servers are running the same meta and using LoH, AD, Toxin, Pain Enhancer...with zero hiccups. The EU servers also don't suffer from lag. The Chinese are a more lucrative model for Blizzard because of the item shop, and the EU servers are leased. My hardest battle in D3 is server lag, and it is really starting to tick me off.

I hope JT gets up on stage when he is lit like a x-mas tree and shows his backside, while screaming "I got your D3 servers right here!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahu View Post

^careful - Blizz might just take him up on that offer and connect the "trunk" to his "backbone." blinksmiley.gif

Now that is funny.

Diablo 3-wolff#1279
post #25670 of 30163 Old 11-05-2015, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
Networking Nut

Liked: 114
Could be ISP too, Bell Canada for example sometimes has unplayable connection to D3. Thread full of people complaining in the D3 tech support forum. Can't wait to switch as soon as another ISP expands cable or dsl to my area.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Security+, CCNA Routing and Switching

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page