[Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 2754 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #27531 of 30163 Old 06-13-2016, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter
Networking Nut
 
Sainesk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 114
I'm hearing EU is pushing GR100+ solo with Twister + Tal Rasha 6 Vyr 4 Archon (see 'Thargor' with his GR 104). Might be the go to since Blizz will probably smash (not just use) the nerf bat on Firebird next season. Reluctant to Caldesann any of my FB since it'll probably be a T10 only set or salvage material.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Security+, CCNA Routing and Switching

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sainesk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #27532 of 30163 Old 06-13-2016, 10:13 AM
 
yahu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 52
^lol @ smash - it will be interesting to see what comes of it. I imagine they'll at least a heavy mind toward that type of dynamic going forward, but something will always eventually sneak through.

I dinged an 80 on my WD yesterday; it was a small personal goal for the season cause I know the build can do it but I cannot stand GR fishing (I get so pissed). I hit 5 - 10 GR where I literally missed the time by under a minute due to stupid mistakes, or a bad guardian. Those are the worst for GR fishing as I'd be way ahead of the time, and typically low density or lack of elites kicked my ass, so I'd eat up 15+ minutes.

I don't run turbohud, which definitely kicked my ass several times (couldn't find elites, very low pylon usage, went the wrong direction). I took a screenshot cause the time was 14min 00.666 seconds. fitting for beating down the denizens of hell... lachen.gif

I forgot how little you can use Caldesaan's if you don't get the ancient drops. Forgot because the 'sader build requires ancients due to the rings. I'm definitely missing key ancients on the WD to roll up.

I then switched to my 'sader running speeds and couldn't believe how many stacks of friggin' elites I was getting (2 or 3 at a time) GR after GR (65 - 70). I think with the WD being so gd slow when not using chicken, you just don't have the luxury of searching as much like a build with included speed has (e.g. - wiz using teleport, 'sader using stampede, DH using vault, etc.)

I might roll up a wizard cause it's been too long. maybe try out the bugged build and the twisted sword build (is that the other go-to you're referring to?). I also did get an ancient serpent sparker running the 'sader, so I might play around with that.
yahu is offline  
post #27533 of 30163 Old 06-13-2016, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter
Networking Nut
 
Sainesk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
I might roll up a wizard cause it's been too long. maybe try out the bugged build and the twisted sword build (is that the other go-to you're referring to?). I also did get an ancient serpent sparker running the 'sader, so I might play around with that.

Yeah twisted sword Archon (not the same as 4 man twister build I believe, but I hear 2man is pushing 110 with the Archon version edit: yep rank 1 2man on EU)

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Security+, CCNA Routing and Switching

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sainesk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #27534 of 30163 Old 06-13-2016, 04:40 PM
Retired Staff
 
Crazy9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 22,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainesk View Post

Yeah twisted sword Archon (not the same as 4 man twister build I believe, but I hear 2man is pushing 110 with the Archon version edit: yep rank 1 2man on EU)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahu View Post

^lol @ smash - it will be interesting to see what comes of it. I imagine they'll at least a heavy mind toward that type of dynamic going forward, but something will always eventually sneak through.

I dinged an 80 on my WD yesterday; it was a small personal goal for the season cause I know the build can do it but I cannot stand GR fishing (I get so pissed). I hit 5 - 10 GR where I literally missed the time by under a minute due to stupid mistakes, or a bad guardian. Those are the worst for GR fishing as I'd be way ahead of the time, and typically low density or lack of elites kicked my ass, so I'd eat up 15+ minutes.

I don't run turbohud, which definitely kicked my ass several times (couldn't find elites, very low pylon usage, went the wrong direction). I took a screenshot cause the time was 14min 00.666 seconds. fitting for beating down the denizens of hell... lachen.gif

I forgot how little you can use Caldesaan's if you don't get the ancient drops. Forgot because the 'sader build requires ancients due to the rings. I'm definitely missing key ancients on the WD to roll up.

I then switched to my 'sader running speeds and couldn't believe how many stacks of friggin' elites I was getting (2 or 3 at a time) GR after GR (65 - 70). I think with the WD being so gd slow when not using chicken, you just don't have the luxury of searching as much like a build with included speed has (e.g. - wiz using teleport, 'sader using stampede, DH using vault, etc.)

I might roll up a wizard cause it's been too long. maybe try out the bugged build and the twisted sword build (is that the other go-to you're referring to?). I also did get an ancient serpent sparker running the 'sader, so I might play around with that.

80 is pretty decent. Usually you can just write off the fishing, figuring you'd be able to do a few higher with a bunch of keys, unless you're using a build like the vyr's wizard which would do like 15 levels higher with fishing lol.

I think turbohud's impact is a little overrated, especially for solo. It's main use was for the barb in groups to know if an elite pack was still following or if he had to go back and grab it... otherwise the actual impact on gameplay is pretty much zero... at least now that you don't need it for tals stacks and convention to be visible on buff bar.

Crazy9000 is online now  
post #27535 of 30163 Old 06-13-2016, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter
Networking Nut
 
Sainesk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post


Nice, I was getting anxious near the end there... :p his solo 104 is pretty cool too, show the exploiters who's boss

 


Certifications: CompTIA A+, Security+, CCNA Routing and Switching

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sainesk is offline  
post #27536 of 30163 Old 06-13-2016, 06:09 PM
Retired Staff
 
Crazy9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 22,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainesk View Post


Nice, I was getting anxious near the end there... tongue.gif his solo 104 is pretty cool too, show the exploiters who's boss

I think calling the firebug an exploit just weakens the term. Getting every passive for the class, and getting banned after abusing it is an exploit. The firebirds is just a "bug."


The top wizard clear at seasons end won't be the firebug anyways tongue.gif. Like I said, there's a damage cap on it. The bug doesn't work if your archon blast deals too much, so there's no more damage to get then people currently have, and better gear won't give better clears.

Crazy9000 is online now  
post #27537 of 30163 Old 06-13-2016, 06:22 PM
 
yahu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
80 is pretty decent. Usually you can just write off the fishing, figuring you'd be able to do a few higher with a bunch of keys, unless you're using a build like the vyr's wizard which would do like 15 levels higher with fishing lol.

I think turbohud's impact is a little overrated, especially for solo. It's main use was for the barb in groups to know if an elite pack was still following or if he had to go back and grab it... otherwise the actual impact on gameplay is pretty much zero... at least now that you don't need it for tals stacks and convention to be visible on buff bar.

I know I could go higher...hell, the bottom of the WD ladder is 81, and I usually hit in the middle somewhere without trying too hard. I seriously despise fishing. lol

Also, I think t-hud can be overrated but seriously go back and play WD. so. slow. With all the other classes you can cover so much more ground, so you have a better chance of skipping and finding more elites/better mobs. Barb using charge, 'Sader using stampede, DH is using vault or that spinny skill I assume, monk does his teleport thing, and wizard does archon + teleport I think? WD uses spirit walk for a bit of a boost, but it isn't even the fast spirit walk, but the Jaunt rune to last 3 seconds (that's what she said!). That 15min ticks away awful gd fast if you start getting too far behind.

*edit - forgot to mention, I don't think t-hud is magic, but I'm sure I've missed elites or fatties/bigs, and I know I've gone down the wrong path, and when missing the mark by less than a minute a bunch of times, it could have helped. Whatever though, I don't plan on running it now. tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

I think calling the firebug an exploit just weakens the term. Getting every passive for the class, and getting banned after abusing it is an exploit. The firebirds is just a "bug."


The top wizard clear at seasons end won't be the firebug anyways tongue.gif. Like I said, there's a damage cap on it. The bug doesn't work if your archon blast deals too much, so there's no more damage to get then people currently have, and better gear won't give better clears.

poe-tay-toe, poe-tah-toe. bottom line is, it's a bug which means it was unintended. people using that bug to clearly drive the wizard to the number 1 solo spot by a good margin means the bug is being exploited. Blizzard deciding not to ban is simply their decision and IMO doesn't make the bug any less exploited. People using that build are able to gem higher, get more XP, etc., etc. I think in a case like this it is agree to disagree. wink.gif

*edit, forgot to hide the video
yahu is offline  
post #27538 of 30163 Old 06-13-2016, 06:47 PM
Retired Staff
 
Crazy9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 22,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahu View Post


poe-tay-toe, poe-tah-toe. bottom line is, it's a bug which means it was unintended. people using that bug to clearly drive the wizard to the number 1 solo spot by a good margin means the bug is being exploited. Blizzard deciding not to ban is simply their decision and IMO doesn't make the bug any less exploited. People using that build are able to gem higher, get more XP, etc., etc. I think in a case like this it is agree to disagree. wink.gif

*edit, forgot to hide the video

Lots of things are unintended though... I mean Blizzard specifically said that they didn't like Energy twister play, and were going to change it with this current patch... guess what, energy twister is still king for higher GR, despite Blizzard's intentions tongue.gif.

Firebug doesn't let you get gem levels higher, or more XP. It just lets low level players get a higher solo clear then they would normally, since you only need about 400k DPS before you hit the damage cap where having more makes it stop working.

Any low level player could get better XP and gem levels then a firebug player by making a zDPS monk, WD, barb, or even DH. Remember that the 100+ clears are with a lot of fishing (couldn't actually farm more then ~ a 90 probably), and you can run four player speeds in the 90's easily with the standard firebird archon, which doesn't take skilled zdps so can be played with randoms.

It does mix up the solo-only players a bit, but that's it.

Crazy9000 is online now  
post #27539 of 30163 Old 06-14-2016, 12:04 AM
Extreme Cooler
 
Mikecdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 8,081
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 738
I like that tal's/vrys twister solo build, now that looks fun.


Chimp Challenge Participant  5 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Mikecdm is offline  
post #27540 of 30163 Old 06-14-2016, 09:50 AM
 
yahu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 52
^you been playing this season?
yahu is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off