[Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 859 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #8581 of 30163 Old 06-23-2012, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Send a message via Yahoo to kevindd992002 Send a message via Skype™ to kevindd992002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods166 View Post

The level range is level requirement not including any lvl req lowering stats on item. Search for lvl 58 items and all items require you are 58 to equip. All items with an attribute lowering the lvl requirement will be found in a search for the original lvl requirement. i.e. an item lvl req 58 with "lowers level requirement by 3" (now lvl req 55) will be found under a search for lvl 58 items and will not be found in a search for lvl 55 items.
Hope this is clear!

Thank you very much! This is exactly the answer I've been looking for smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8582 of 30163 Old 06-23-2012, 09:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to kevindd992002 Send a message via Skype™ to kevindd992002
Quote:
Originally Posted by likethegun View Post

Blizzard DOES indicate the level of all items with the new patch.

My weapons have item level indicated on them but most of my armor don't (they have required level indicated thouh). So what is it you're saying that blizzard does indicate the item level of all items?

post #8583 of 30163 Old 06-23-2012, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter
Networking Nut

Liked: 114
are the best items in the game only available through crafting? I mean, do some dropped items have the chance to roll as many properties as some of the best crafted ones?

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Security+, CCNA Routing and Switching
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8584 of 30163 Old 06-24-2012, 12:20 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to likethegun
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

My weapons have item level indicated on them but most of my armor don't (they have required level indicated thouh). So what is it you're saying that blizzard does indicate the item level of all items?
I only get on OCN from work so I don't have access to the game... but, if memory serves me, with the new patch all higher level items (of which ilvl is relevant), will have the ilvl listed on the bottom left of the item screen.

I know for lower level items it still doesn't list an ilvl for some of them... because the ilvl is irrelevant and the required level IS the item level. I think you are worrying about this too much. Item level really is not so significant until you hit lvl 60...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainesk View Post

are the best items in the game only available through crafting? I mean, do some dropped items have the chance to roll as many properties as some of the best crafted ones?
Yes, dropped items have the same chance. Only difference is the percentage tables as you can do a quick search and see... are pretty rare. If you know someone that can craft some sweet gear, and dont mind forking out the loot for the gamble... then you are guaranteed stats. BUT, farming the latter acts will get them eventually. I've gotten some SWEET shtuff since 1.0.3 released. However, like a few posters from yesterday, I have 200 hrs on the game and STILL haven't found a legendary OR set item... With my luck, the first one I find will be in act 1 of normal when I start leveling a new toon and will be found when im like lvl 5 haha

~double post merged by E-Peen

Gaming Profiles (Click to show)
Battle.net:
LIKETHEGUN#1970
Steam:
likethegun
Leage of Legends:
likethegun
the Elder Scrolls Online:
likethegun

gunner2.gif... the path of least resistance makes all rivers, and some men, crookedsniper.gif
post #8585 of 30163 Old 06-24-2012, 01:04 AM

Quote:

I only get on OCN from work so I don't have access to the game... but, if memory serves me, with the new patch all higher level items (of which ilvl is relevant), will have the ilvl listed on the bottom left of the item screen.
I know for lower level items it still doesn't list an ilvl for some of them... because the ilvl is irrelevant and the required level IS the item level. I think you are worrying about this too much. Item level really is not so significant until you hit lvl 60...

Thanks smile.gif
Quote:

Yes, dropped items have the same chance. Only difference is the percentage tables as you can do a quick search and see... are pretty rare. If you know someone that can craft some sweet gear, and dont mind forking out the loot for the gamble... then you are guaranteed stats. BUT, farming the latter acts will get them eventually. I've gotten some SWEET shtuff since 1.0.3 released. However, like a few posters from yesterday, I have 200 hrs on the game and STILL haven't found a legendary OR set item... With my luck, the first one I find will be in act 1 of normal when I start leveling a new toon and will be found when im like lvl 5 haha

What do you mean by percentage tables?

post #8586 of 30163 Old 06-24-2012, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter
Networking Nut

Liked: 114
Quote:

I have 200 hrs on the game and STILL haven't found a legendary OR set item...

ouch heh, I only have like 210 hours (feels like i've done more though... maybe +200 hours browsing AH? tongue.gif) and gotten a bunch from getting 5 stack (in and around Leoric's manor/Agony 2/Cemetery) then farming Warden/Butcher and all elite packs in Warden/Agony 3, though many of them have been things like swords with Discipline for Demon Hunters and such doh.gif

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Security+, CCNA Routing and Switching
post #8587 of 30163 Old 06-24-2012, 02:37 AM
333mhz

Liked: 5
post #8588 of 30163 Old 06-24-2012, 02:55 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to likethegun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainesk View Post

ouch heh, I only have like 210 hours (feels like i've done more though... maybe +200 hours browsing AH? tongue.gif) and gotten a bunch from getting 5 stack (in and around Leoric's manor/Agony 2/Cemetery) then farming Warden/Butcher and all elite packs in Warden/Agony 3, though many of them have been things like swords with Discipline for Demon Hunters and such doh.gif
Yeah man I have farmed act 1 inferno for days with 5 neph stacks and STILL nothing... i'm just hoping when I do find my first it is going to be epic!
Quote:

percentage of rare drops for lvl 60 items... Do a quick internet search for "diablo 3 inferno rare drop rate" or something to that effect...

~double post merged by E-Peen

Gaming Profiles (Click to show)
Battle.net:
LIKETHEGUN#1970
Steam:
likethegun
Leage of Legends:
likethegun
the Elder Scrolls Online:
likethegun

gunner2.gif... the path of least resistance makes all rivers, and some men, crookedsniper.gif
post #8589 of 30163 Old 06-24-2012, 03:24 AM
333mhz

Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHeaven View Post

Somehow blizzard thinks it is fun. They think we enjoy this and after getting stronger can return and meet that challenge. But when they say return what exactly do they mean? These random mob types can appear at any given time. What really frustrates me the most is reflect damage. I get killed by attacking. I normally use hydra FD kite on elites while blasting them with arcane orb and magic missle. However, hydras do more dps than I have hp to stand up against so I'm forced to not use it when faced against these mob types. I still manage to beat them but it isn't fun.
There are a few mob types that I can't beat and I doubt anyone can. It isn't fun. It's annoying.
Right now I'm just playing for the RMAH. I'm selling all my gear I find their instead of using it in the AH or as upgrades. At this point I'm done playing until the next patch and if that is bad I'm done altogether. Every patch blizzard has nerfed big and gave little. I'm not going to rebuild my player only to have to spend the time to do it again after that patch. First the force armor demon skin combo that could have been altered to be more fair but blizzard nerfed beyond usable making that gear useless. Then the IAS that they did the same thing to.

I counter that problem with 2200hp per sec and 550 LoH.
Using the Hydra too.
post #8590 of 30163 Old 06-24-2012, 09:00 AM

Liked: 44
I found my 3rd legendary yesterday. True to my last finds, it was yet again low-level garbage (some lvl11 WD off-hand) - I was leveling my lvl24 barb at the time.
Seriously I'd rather I didn't find anything and then "suddenly" find a skull grasp or something haha.

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=31362Build History (Click to show)
CPU History:
Thunderbird-C 800Mhz, 2100+ TBred B, 2600+ XP-M, Opteron 146, Core2 e8400, i5 750, i5 4670K

MB History:

A7V, A7N8X rev1.06, DFI NF4 Ultra-D, DFI LT P35, GB P55-UD3R, GB Z87-UD4H

GPU History:
Matrox G400, ATi 8500LE, ATi 9800Pro, Leadtek 6800NU, BFG 7800GT, BFG 8800GT, GTX 260, eVGA GTX 560 Ti, Zotac GTX 580, eVGA GTX 780, eVGA 980Ti

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page