Forum Jump: 

post #1491 of 5986 Old 07-07-2011, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyoketsu View Post
Kill whoever, whenever, wherever. You can still complete the game. Some decisions will affect the final outcome, but killing a few chumps won't break your game; unlike in TES4, for example. Besides, I have never been allied with the military faction (IDK if it's even posible) - I always kill the lot.
They fired at me the first time I saw them.... been killing them since.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1492 of 5986 Old 07-07-2011, 03:37 PM
333mhz

Liked: 0
One last question before I go back to the zone.

Is there like a party system here where stalkerbros kill together? I haven't seen a stalker without the loner status.

post #1493 of 5986 Old 07-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene12345 View Post
One last question before I go back to the zone.

Is there like a party system here where stalkerbros kill together? I haven't seen a stalker without the loner status.
Not really. They will gang up on any members of the opposing factions and mutants, but you won't get anything like their avatars+HP condition in the corner of the screen, as you would in an MMO. Perhaps there are mods out there that do allow to form "parties" and whatnot, but you won't find that at least in the vanilla version and the "complete" mod.

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1494 of 5986 Old 07-07-2011, 08:56 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 64
Hey I have a question. I recently got all three stalker games with the complete mods, and I've started playing through the first one. It definitly seems like a cool game, but I'm feeling the need to start playing CoP just to see how good it can get. Would I really miss out if I just jumped to the last game and then kinda made my way back I guess?

post #1495 of 5986 Old 07-07-2011, 10:34 PM

Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by razaice View Post
Hey I have a question. I recently got all three stalker games with the complete mods, and I've started playing through the first one. It definitly seems like a cool game, but I'm feeling the need to start playing CoP just to see how good it can get. Would I really miss out if I just jumped to the last game and then kinda made my way back I guess?
Every game is good in its own right. Many people think the first one is still the best. It may not have DX10 level graphics but the gameplay and atmosphere make up for it instantly. Download a few mods to enhance the graphics/realism if you need to (I always do).
razaice likes this.

Media Rig
Intel i5 4460 ~ Asus Vanguard B85 ~ Noctua NH-C12P SE14 ~ G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB 1600MHz
Gigabyte 7970 WF3 ~ Crucial M500 120GB ~ Cougar CMX 700W ~ Fractal Design Define Mini ~ Logitech Z337
Silent Rig
Intel G3258 ~ Asrock H81M-ITX ~ Corsair ValueRAM 2x2GB 1333MHz ~ HIS 7750 iSilence
ADATA SX900 128GB ~ Corsair CX430M ~ Lian Li PC-Q07R ~ Ultrasone HFI-450
24/7 Rig
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T ~ Asus Crosshair IV Formula ~ Noctua NH-D14 ~ Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2x4GB 1600MHz ~ XFX 7750 Core
Silverstone Strider ST50F-P ~ OCZ Vertex 4 128GB ~ WD Green 2TB x4 ~ Fractal Design Define R4
Audinst HUD-mx1 ~ Schiit Wyrd ~ KRK Rokit 8 G2's
post #1496 of 5986 Old 07-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Dark Themes Matter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Once you've finished CS definitely get the mod that allows you to join the non-playable factions like Monolith and Military. I can't remember what it was called but it shouldn't be difficult to find.

Migration_Sherpa  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #1497 of 5986 Old 07-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Programmer and Entrepreneur

Liked: 317
I feel playing them out of order spoils you in some ways. The games advance in features and details. I feel it is a great injustice to yourself and the series to play them out of order. Play them through without mods, then play them through with the mods. You get one hell of a bang for you buck, and it is an amazing journey across the board. Always something new to find or get into in the Zone.
razaice likes this.

A-E-I-OWNED-YOU for OCN staff 2014!

Syrillian, gone but never ever forgotten...
#AntiSec
post #1498 of 5986 Old 07-08-2011, 01:28 AM
Programmer

Liked: 13
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games scare the **** out of me. Most scary locations are Jupiter Factory, WHOLE PRIPYAT(mainly due to the fact that you won't find anyone hanging around), Labs(ALL OF THEM, I wish there was a way to continue the game without going in them).

But if I see it the other way, these are the reasons why I love S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games so much. I kinda feel like I'm in the zone, experiencing everything. I just love when I find other stalkers. I hate going out in the night(like that mission in CoP to kill the which only comes out in the night).

I wish there was an option to ask other stalkers to help you out, you know, like forming a squad or something. I particularly remember a mission in SoC when you have to clear out bloodsuckers in a village. There were few people standing at the village entrance and my mind was just begging them to come along.

tl;dr version :
I just Love the atmosphere and the scariness.

sniper.gifS.T.A.L.K.E.R Fan Club skull.gif
post #1499 of 5986 Old 07-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Hardline upgrade!

Liked: 695
You should play Clear Sky first. It's a great lead in to the world of the Zone. Don't expect to PWN the Zone right off the bat though. Having played CoP first I got caught in a couple Emissions and was running around like a chicken with my head cut off looking for shelter....

Don't bother. Just grab your ankles and accept that you won't find shelter in time. cool.gif

~Ceaddergas_mask.gif
razaice likes this.

10 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016 

post #1500 of 5986 Old 07-08-2011, 07:02 AM

Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman;14146556 
You should play Clear Sky first. It's a great lead in to the world of the Zone. Don't expect to PWN the Zone right off the bat though. Having played CoP first I got caught in a couple Emissions and was running around like a chicken with my head cut off looking for shelter....

Don't bother. Just grab your ankles and accept that you won't find shelter in time. cool.gif

~Ceaddergas_mask.gif

No, you'll find it in time. Those times that you do, there will be about 15 bandits in there shooting at you, though. lol

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page