post #3092 of 5986 Old 05-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Graphics Card Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 196
So much better now I can read Cyrillic. biggrin.gif

Currently Playing
Iron Brigade (Now with Steamworks!) | Diablo III (6WW+2IK BK Barbarian) | Elite Dangerous (I <3 Rhino HOTAS)

Looking Forward To
Oculus Rift CV1 | Galak-Z | Star Citizen | Bedlam (Backed) | The Flame in the Flood (Backed)

Recently Finished
Tomb Raider | Metro - Last Light | Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon | Costume Quest 2 |
post #3093 of 5986 Old 05-21-2013, 12:42 AM
nVidia Enthusiast

Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post

Nice screens man! If your rig is strong enough, try out my shaders sometime wink.gif

http://www.moddb.com/mods/photo-realistic-zone-2/downloads/photo-realistic-zone-2-shaders

Download it, then extract the "shaders" folder and rename your current shaders folder and use mine. Don't delete original content!

And enjoy! I've got a lot of positive feedback on them and the newer version is in the make!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3094 of 5986 Old 05-21-2013, 02:10 AM
Just Win Baby!

Liked: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkayria View Post

I just started playing the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series for the first time. I'm not too far into Call of Pripyat. The atmosphere is fantastic. I love games that make you feel uneasy, and this game is doing a great job of making me nervous.

Then you should STOP NOW, and play SoC first!

Trust me, you'll thank me later. It's far, far better to start with the first game, for a whole slew of reasons (the over-arching storyline is not really one of them, but SoC is just a far, far better story than the other two, and a far better introduction to the Zone as a whole, along with a few other reasons I will leave for you to discover thumb.gif).

As an aside, always jelly of people getting to play these games for the first time. I've played them all so many times now, the magic is almost lost. But it's still my favorite series of all time (HL being a close second).

Can't wait for Lost Alpha though.

post #3095 of 5986 Old 05-21-2013, 05:40 AM
nVidia Enthusiast

On the topic of Lost Alpha (LA)

post #3096 of 5986 Old 05-21-2013, 05:58 AM
Graphics Card Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoNer1 View Post

On the topic of Lost Alpha (LA)

38031011.jpg

Currently Playing
Iron Brigade (Now with Steamworks!) | Diablo III (6WW+2IK BK Barbarian) | Elite Dangerous (I <3 Rhino HOTAS)

Looking Forward To
Oculus Rift CV1 | Galak-Z | Star Citizen | Bedlam (Backed) | The Flame in the Flood (Backed)

Recently Finished
post #3097 of 5986 Old 05-21-2013, 10:04 AM
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer

Liked: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjv View Post

Then you should STOP NOW, and play SoC first!

Trust me, you'll thank me later. It's far, far better to start with the first game, for a whole slew of reasons (the over-arching storyline is not really one of them, but SoC is just a far, far better story than the other two, and a far better introduction to the Zone as a whole, along with a few other reasons I will leave for you to discover thumb.gif).

As an aside, always jelly of people getting to play these games for the first time. I've played them all so many times now, the magic is almost lost. But it's still my favorite series of all time (HL being a close second).

Can't wait for Lost Alpha though.

^ What he said. Why do people start game series with the 2nd or 3rd game? It's usually ridiculous and ruins the experience, as it does with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. It would be alright to begin with Clear Sky, though you'd be a bit confused without reading up on the lore first.

And that LA picture is definitely impressive. Dat Grass indeed, and also Dat Sky.

Discussion on the Oversimplification and Removal of Content in Modern Games
How To: Improve Image Quality in Pre-DX10 Games With NVIDIA Inspector
Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition Discussion | [Official] SOMA - Information and Discussion | Deus Ex GMDX Discussion | Day of Infamy Information/Discussion
Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete | Planescape: Torment | Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines | Arcanum | KOTOR series | Dragon Age: Origins | Fallout series | Deus Ex (GMDX) | Anachronox | SOMA | Penumbra | Amnesia | Underhell | Cryostasis | Anna: Extended Edition | Dishonored series | Thief/Thief 2 | S.T.A.L.K.E.R. | Metro series | Rainbow Six 3: Gold | SWAT 4 | Half-Life 2 Cinematic Mod | Garry's Mod | F.E.A.R. | Dark Messiah | Crysis/Crysis Wars | Natural Selection 2 | Unreal Tournament 2004 | Arma 3 | The Talos Principle | MYST | Total War: WARHAMMER series | XCOM 2
post #3098 of 5986 Old 05-21-2013, 11:19 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

^ What he said. Why do people start game series with the 2nd or 3rd game? It's usually ridiculous and ruins the experience, as it does with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. It would be alright to begin with Clear Sky, though you'd be a bit confused without reading up on the lore first.

And that LA picture is definitely impressive. Dat Grass indeed, and also Dat Sky.

I tend to do things ass backwards on occasions. Got Memorial Day weekend coming up. I plan on starting SoC Friday night. Should be a good weekend.

post #3099 of 5986 Old 05-21-2013, 11:25 AM
nVidia Enthusiast

Quote:

I tend to do things ass backwards on occasions. Got Memorial Day weekend coming up. I plan on starting SoC Friday night. Should be a good weekend.

You could throw in my texture pack + shaders, if your rig is capable enough! wink.gif Shouldn't hurt as it's a graphics only addon, unlike gameplay changing (aka complete, reloaded etc.)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/photo-realistic-zone-2

lol shameless advertising here tongue.gif
post #3100 of 5986 Old 05-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Graphics Card Aficionado

Quote:

I tend to do things ass backwards on occasions. Got Memorial Day weekend coming up.

^^^ Wears white from Labor Day to Memorial Day. Gets lost in snow drifts. biggrin.gif

Currently Playing

Looking Forward To

Recently Finished

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page