I am Iron Man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjv View Post
Sub50 found the way I was talking about

Sounds like a perfect scenario for playing x-18 for the first time. I was totally alone in a cabin in the mountains, nobody around for 100 yards or so, pitch black night, cranked up on the 5.1's ... it's honestly the ONE time in all my gaming days that I actually said to myself "You know, what, F-THIS, I'm going to bed and playing this part in the AM, when it's light outside!"

Between the atmosphere, the being low on supplies due to the battles that preceded it, and of course ... all them new critters and new kinds of anomolies ... it was all a bit too much.

The scrapyard mission is considered fail if Fox (or what his name is, the dude that gives you the mission) dies. That's an optional deal though anyways, so if you tire of dying, not a biggie. Go try to help Seriy in the train repair station instead (also not critical to complete successfully, but is part of main quest line ... if he dies, his PDA tells you what to do next).

But there is a huge ammo cache near where you first talk to Fox ... and I gave you a big hint above about it's nature. You cannot 'get to it', per se. But if you do manage to 'access' this cache, I assure that you will be showered with glorious amounts of ammunition.

There's also a cool silencer in that scrapyard (also pretty well hidden), though it may not fit any gun you get for a little while. I use it on the TRS-301, which can first be found in the Wild Territory, once you open up the Bar area.

First time through, I'd play it on Stalker (2nd easiest). That's plenty hard in my book for a first run. You can change it whenever though.

And if you find it freaky now ... well, you're getting close to the agroprom underground, so ... that'll be your first real taste of an actually scary part of the game

BTW, check edits in my earlier post ...
Yeah, is was basically the perfect moment to play it.

I find it pretty difficult as well the first time through on second easiest.

Most who don't understand don't care and most who do understand also don't care.
The only people with a problem are the people who don't understand but still care, but then that's the problem with most topics these days.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #552 of 5986 Old 08-29-2010, 07:58 PM

Liked: 51
Just got to the bar. Chatted/traded with the new main NPC mission giver guy, got my first scoped rifle. However, I had a freak accident and died. I reloaded my save, went to the guy again, but this time he didn't have the scoped rifle, only one of the iron sight rifles I already had

I'm gonna keep reloading til I get it again

I somehow missed one of the "get info on Strelok" missions, might have been about his lair or something. I just continued onto the bar

post #553 of 5986 Old 08-29-2010, 09:00 PM
3.5ghz

Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjv View Post

One other thing ... you MUST do the "Meet the Guide" mission thread in order to complete the game w/the 'real' ending. So don't neglect this quest. It's easy to miss, but you get it after you finish lab x-15 (the 'emitter' in Yantar), so anytime after that, but BEFORE you head up to the Red Forest, you need to do this (although you can go back from Red Forest, it's kind of a pain to do so, as it's a long trek back).
trying not to spoil but..
I just got back from Lab x15 and met with the guide and the next thing.. I knew it Still suprised me but I knew it

Although.. a little earlier in the game I went into the army warehouses area.. I got Freedom and Duty to fight and I didn't fire a single shot, but somehow Freedom ended up upset with me for some reason. I went back the the Bar and ended up being shot at by Duty and Loners
I'm running with Complete 09 mod so I paid them off through the trader guy to reset my faction..

But this one guy, and only him is still pissed at me lol.. He's a Loner faction, but he shoots at me everytime I pass him. No idea why.
If I shoot him they announce "A murderer is in town" etc. and I have to shoot everyone to get to the trader to "smooth things over" again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #554 of 5986 Old 08-30-2010, 12:04 AM
1.3ghz

Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargess View Post
trying not to spoil but..
I just got back from Lab x15 and met with the guide and the next thing.. I knew it Still suprised me but I knew it

Although.. a little earlier in the game I went into the army warehouses area.. I got Freedom and Duty to fight and I didn't fire a single shot, but somehow Freedom ended up upset with me for some reason. I went back the the Bar and ended up being shot at by Duty and Loners
I'm running with Complete 09 mod so I paid them off through the trader guy to reset my faction..

But this one guy, and only him is still pissed at me lol.. He's a Loner faction, but he shoots at me everytime I pass him. No idea why.
If I shoot him they announce "A murderer is in town" etc. and I have to shoot everyone to get to the trader to "smooth things over" again.
That was always a *****

post #555 of 5986 Old 08-30-2010, 09:10 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 94
Finished COP over the weekend. I was a little disappointed that it ended so quickly. I only had around 8-9 hours in the game and that is with a lot of exploring and artifact hunting.

Currently playing: Witcher 3 / GTA 5 / Rust / The Forest
post #556 of 5986 Old 08-30-2010, 09:27 AM
1.7ghz

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMallory View Post
Just got to the bar. Chatted/traded with the new main NPC mission giver guy, got my first scoped rifle. However, I had a freak accident and died. I reloaded my save, went to the guy again, but this time he didn't have the scoped rifle, only one of the iron sight rifles I already had

I'm gonna keep reloading til I get it again

I somehow missed one of the "get info on Strelok" missions, might have been about his lair or something. I just continued onto the bar
are you playing complete 2009? if so, def don't bother buying any guns or armor... save that money for armor repairs from the bar crew. not sure about the original version of the game tho...

post #557 of 5986 Old 08-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Hardline upgrade!

Liked: 695
You probably didn't do all the quests, only the ones that kept the story moving forward. Cause I've got 55 hours on my Steam CoP and am only part way through the second map. I still have all the Helos' to find there and have to go back to 1st area to do some things I didn't do.

No way you could be finished with the game in 9 hours if you did everything. Just not possible... well unless you used a Mod to support the endeavor.

~Ceadder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
Finished COP over the weekend. I was a little disappointed that it ended so quickly. I only had around 8-9 hours in the game and that is with a lot of exploring and artifact hunting.

10 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016 

post #558 of 5986 Old 08-30-2010, 07:35 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 24
...and a new mod emerges.

For Call of Pripyat, released today.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-pripyat-redux

<<<===============================
And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite.
===============================>>>
post #559 of 5986 Old 08-30-2010, 07:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 3130
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMallory View Post
Hmm, I always thought that military base was just there as an artificial border to the level. I once tried to attack 'em and it seemed like they just kept respawning

Hard to get within range since it's just a road with some trees, they're in for a rude surprise when I get a scoped weapon
You can sneak in the back way.

If you keep all the way to the left there is a tree that has fallen over the fence. Climb it and cross over, then jump up on some boxes to get over the compound wall.

You don't need a scope except for extreme ranges, and all the fighting at the military base is going to be short-medium range if you go in the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
You probably didn't do all the quests, only the ones that kept the story moving forward. Cause I've got 55 hours on my Steam CoP and am only part way through the second map. I still have all the Helos' to find there and have to go back to 1st area to do some things I didn't do.

No way you could be finished with the game in 9 hours if you did everything. Just not possible... well unless you used a Mod to support the endeavor.

~Ceadder
After having reached the end of CoP with nearly everything in the game done, I'm pretty certain the whole game could be done in ~10 hours without huge problems. It's really short compared to the first few games. If you don't fuss around and know where you are going, it can go by real fast.

...rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual. -- Thomas Jefferson
post #560 of 5986 Old 08-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Hardline upgrade!

Liked: 695
I'm not disputing that.

This is their "1st run" and he did it in ~9 hours.

I don't buy it unless they went through using a guide or some other process. As I pointed out I'm 55 hours into it and have barely scratched the surface of the game. In my 1st run.

I play Oblivion quite a bit which while not the same, still has a freeplay system. I'm sure if I played it as much as you have played CoP, I would be able to finish it relatively quickly. Which to me is doable if you go right to the Gates quest and don't let up.

I'm thinking THIS is what happened with their game. Even still I doubt that many artifacts were found and anomalies challenged to get it in ~9 hours. At least in vanilla with nothing else to support barreling through it. Hell it took me 8 hours just to get the Helos in the 1st Zone without aid and I wasn't taking my time about it.

This is the only reason I'm skeptical about the time it took them to get through it. I'm OCD/Aspergers, games are relatively easy to me. My friends all think I'm a freak where gaming is concerned.

If it's true then cool. But it's hard for me to accept ~9 hours, unless as you point out, it's been done many times before. That makes a helluva lot more sense to me.

Yaaaaaaaay Redux is out. I think I'll download the weapons pack.

~Ceadder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blameless View Post
After having reached the end of CoP with nearly everything in the game done, I'm pretty certain the whole game could be done in ~10 hours without huge problems. It's really short compared to the first few games. If you don't fuss around and know where you are going, it can go by real fast.

10 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page