Will This Laptop Run Microsoft Flight Simulator X? - Page 3 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #21 of 24 Old 06-16-2010, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 163
my sig rig sometimes has some trouble in some areas of fsx.. i dont think that any laptop will play fsx at least with this generation of cpus. you will be able to run fs9 without any issues tho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 06-16-2010, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolith View Post
my sig rig sometimes has some trouble in some areas of fsx.. i dont think that any laptop will play fsx at least with this generation of cpus. you will be able to run fs9 without any issues tho.
I'm probably going to pick up FS 2004 and FSX, just in case I can't run FSX. From what I've seen FS 2004 looks pretty awesome, so it doesn't look like it would detract from my experience much, if at all, especially since I'm upgrading from FS 1998.
post #23 of 24 Old 06-16-2010, 09:05 PM

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by TestECull View Post
The hell are some of you talking about? Boot to the Head ran it at 1600x1200.

FSX is nowhere near as hard as people claim it is to run. That laptop will run it fine.
Not fully true. FSX without add-ons installed pay run fine. However, anyone looking to use the game as a real simulator...and load add-ons for terrain, weather, additional planes with enhanced cockpit control...is going to have serious trouble running it on a laptop or low-end desktop.

I have FSX with all those add-ons installed to where you could fly a 737 inside FSX, step into a real 737 and take off/land. It absolutely NEEDS a fast CPU and GPU along with fast disc I/O.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 Old 06-16-2010, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy.Yung View Post
Not fully true. FSX without add-ons installed pay run fine. However, anyone looking to use the game as a real simulator...and load add-ons for terrain, weather, additional planes with enhanced cockpit control...is going to have serious trouble running it on a laptop or low-end desktop.

I have FSX with all those add-ons installed to where you could fly a 737 inside FSX, step into a real 737 and take off/land. It absolutely NEEDS a fast CPU and GPU along with fast disc I/O.
Do you believe that ACER laptop could run FS 2004 with add-ons?

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page