post #12681 of 25319 Old 04-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Programmer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainesk View Post
I'm just a newb but I reckon something like 150/100 would be fairer for ghosts...
but teh terrans has the infinite minrals!

(づ◕‿◕。)づ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ v( ̄∇ ̄) ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12682 of 25319 Old 04-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Networking Nut

Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by ____ View Post
but teh terrans has the infinite minrals!
it might work if they fix mules...

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Security+, CCNA Routing and Switching
post #12683 of 25319 Old 04-26-2011, 02:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistacles View Post
Can someone kindly add me to the OCN sc2ranks list? Twist.694
You can add your self just click manage characters and find your sc2ranks url or your battle.net profile url then add.

Terrible night. 4-11. I can't believe people win TvZ.

PSN Profile: Doom-
Battlefield 1 Profile: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/pc/DoomDash/
Excited for: RE7 DLC, Tekken 7 DLC, The Evil Within 2 DLC.
Currently Playing: Misc on CFW 3DS, The Evil Within 2, Tekken 7, Super Mario Odyssey.
Cars: 1987 Toyota Supra Turbo, 2007 Infiniti G35x.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12684 of 25319 Old 04-26-2011, 06:14 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDash;13267129 
My 1.4 would be:
Terran:

- Siege Tanks +8 per upgrade level instead of +5
- Ghosts changed to 125-125, EMP changed to 100 energy to cast, snipe made 46 damage ( to two shot infestors ). Or snipe damage increased by +2 per infantry upgrade level.
- Reapers build time -5 seconds.
- Nukes damage increased from 500 to buildings to 600 to buildings.
- Max supply increased to 210

Zerg:

- FG no longer makes a unit unable to move, instead slows movement speed by 70%.
- Baneling cost increased to 50/25, and made .5 more supply.
- Hydra gains 25% movement speed off creep compared to now.
A little bias to Terran aren't we? wink.gif Either way, I think increasing nuke damage, reducing reaper build time are good changes. Not sure about max supply, ghosts(should be able to take out infestors in 2 shots atm) and tanks smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistacles;13267868 
If archons were massive they could break forcefields and be viable in PvP, moving the game away from collosus wars
Yes, but, then consider how they do against other units that are designed to go up against massive. VRs come to mind. Archons were the only unit in SCII that had a biological tag or whatever their tag is, so, they were pretty unique and took no extra damage from anything. Personally, I think they should have left them as is and just made them immune to concussive shells smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorbeam;13268092 
It's a step in the right direction but would definitely not change how PvP is played. FF becomes a non-issue late game seeing how it's all about colossus/blinksters.

Terran macro is done in less than 2 seconds and your attention isn't taken away from the screen.

Binding a pylon is fine but you can't bind every location you're warping into. I forgot an important step to warping as well; selecting the units and rallying them to your army. It's an extra 2-3 seconds, but more importantly your attention is diverted from the screen.

What I'm saying is that minimap warping wouldn't hurt. It's an improvement so why not?

On the same topic, is it possible to unload units from a dropship using the minimap (sure hope so)?
Not possible to unload afaik. As for WG, while I think your idea is pretty nice, I really think WGs are the main reason that Protoss seems broken with the constant 4 gate vs. 4 gate in PvsP games. It's too bad they can't remove WG because prisms wouldn't work as well and those are pretty interesting concept wise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowtoblerone;13269382 
rofl, you compared stalkers to corruptors and vikings?
I believe he was talking about AA for ground units, not air smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Lamer;13269570 
That would be the end of banelings, and it would make the maxed zerg army even more pathetic against the maxed terran and protoss armies. The hydra change would be nice, but it's really not enough.

Hydras:

1) expensive
2) fragile
3) slow off creep
4) have no special abilities, which is quite lame for a unit of this cost.

Fixing speed would help, but hydra would still be a unit that protoss forces zerg to make so it can be slaughtered later, and hydra would still be awful against any terran army with tanks. Hydra should really have more hit points so that it doesn't get vaporized whenever a colossus or a siege tank is present.
I disagree, they are expensive but in ZvsZ games, they rule against mutas and against P, they make up the powerful roach+hydra push. Given, I don't use hydras against P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDash;13272584 
patch 1.3.3 on PTR!

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1213111662

About time for Archon change.

Ghost change... kind of random. I like it being cheaper gas but 200 minerals, wow.

Salvage is understandable.

No bunker time decrease to compensate for all these fast gateway units? Proxy gates are back..... and stronger.
Interesting change, I like WG research time, will change PvsP slightly, same with the pylon radius(delta anyone?). I think they raised minerals so that you still have to pay for the ghost, just not in gas tongue.gif

Playing:
- Starcraft 2 (Profile, Replays(1, 2))

Clubs:
- Canadian OCN Club (link)
- OCN Diablo III Club (Info, link)
post #12685 of 25319 Old 04-26-2011, 07:00 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 170
Good way to start a new day with a win on ladder. Last night/morning's gsl code s matches were a bit crazy. Inca vs rainbow was pretty rofl. It showcased some of the op aspect of terran and how mistakes kill.
post #12686 of 25319 Old 04-26-2011, 07:10 AM
2.4ghz

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plex;13268763 
Actually, you just hit one key, hold Z and click 4 times. How can you compare two completely different mechanics? You say it's not a matter of "balance," but that's exactly what it needs to be. Yeah, Protoss might require a little more micro, but it all evens out. I have no idea why we're even comparing rax to warp-ins.

Better yet, I'll ask him for the ability to shift them back and forth! That way you can have just as many buttons to press as Terran.

You're right, it doesn't really matter how terran/zerg produce their units. All I'm asking for less tedious mechanics. If zerg was allowed to inject faster, I wouldn't object that. It would allow them to focus their attention elsewhere and be more effective players. It would make the game more interesting and more fun. There's nothing wrong about that at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowtoblerone;13269008 
If we're going to discuss things that are never used, buff carriers and give some anti air to protoss.

I kind of forgot about carriers, perhaps they haven't found their niche but it's been a pretty long time since release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yks;13273347 
ROFL WAFL

Patch 16: Zealot build time increased from 33 to 38.

Patch 17: Zealot build time decreased from 38 to 33.

Patch 1.1.0: Zealot build time increased from 33 to 38.

Patch 1.3.3: Zealot train time decreased from 38 to 33.

*** M8?

I don't think people necessarily understand the gateway changes. Pretty meaningless outside of zealot rushes vs zerg. In the current state of the game;
- Zerg cannot be rushed as protoss. Even a 10 gate on a small map will not work against a 13/14 pool.
- The extra 5 seconds may or may not change this.
- Otherwise, the change only means protoss will build units slightly faster while warp gate is being researched; the change isn't really that meaningful.
- Pylons nerfed like I asked for. This is a good change, a slight step in the right direction and probably enough to fix high-level cheese.

Edit: As for the archon change, I'm not sure if they'll find a spot vs rauders. Zealots are very effective but I'm thinking archons will still evaporate before hitting their target. Why spend nearly 200m/300g on an archon when you can spend 300 minerals on zealots with far more survivability? Granted, archons have more dps but zealots have way more uptime. Time will tell.

World of Warcraft Players club

SC2: Atheism.505 - Master - Top 2000 World
post #12687 of 25319 Old 04-26-2011, 07:44 AM
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowtoblerone;13276897 
Good way to start a new day with a win on ladder. Last night/morning's gsl code s matches were a bit crazy. Inca vs rainbow was pretty rofl. It showcased some of the op aspect of terran and how mistakes kill.
Nice, rainbow is still competing? For some bizzare reason, since I haven't heard about him since the first GSL, I thought he just left or something tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorbeam;13276960 
Edit: As for the archon change, I'm not sure if they'll find a spot vs rauders. Zealots are very effective but I'm thinking archons will still evaporate before hitting their target. Why spend nearly 200m/300g on an archon when you can spend 300 minerals on zealots with far more survivability? Granted, archons have more dps but zealots have way more uptime. Time will tell.
Thing is, you'll be making archon after your hts have used their energy up for storming so its a bonus. I'm guessing you are talking about getting archons from the get go? smile.gif

Playing:

Clubs:
post #12688 of 25319 Old 04-26-2011, 08:09 AM
2.4ghz

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFan;13277196 
Thing is, you'll be making archon after your hts have used their energy up for storming so its a bonus. I'm guessing you are talking about getting archons from the get go? smile.gif

Well, at a pro level HTs are rarely warped into archons even at low energy. They're more valuable when/if pulled back. A single storm does way more damage than an archon will do in an entire fight. Hopefully this will change, but I have my doubts.

World of Warcraft Players club

SC2: Atheism.505 - Master - Top 2000 World
post #12689 of 25319 Old 04-26-2011, 08:20 AM
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorbeam;13277398 
Well, at a pro level HTs are rarely warped into archons even at low energy. They're more valuable when/if pulled back. A single storm does way more damage than an archon will do in an entire fight. Hopefully this will change, but I have my doubts.
I see, fair enough smile.gif

Playing:

Clubs:
post #12690 of 25319 Old 04-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Programmer

Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorbeam;13277398 

Uh, this isn't true at all. I guess at "low" energy when they're close to another storm, sure. But any "pro" will instantly warp an Archon if his HTs get EMP'd. Most of the time, Archons get morphed even after expending all the energy on storms.

I'm not sure where you get "rarely" on the "pro level." You say you're in the Master league, too. I'm Master as well and I see them all of the time. They're also warped in pretty much every late-game battle in PvT on GSL as well. If that's not "pro level" then I don't know what is.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page