PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by onoz View Post
Congrats on promotion to gold.

I haven't played a single game since I got silver. I'm too scared of getting demoted...
Don't be scared of losing man, just get on and have fun...otherwise you'll never play again

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13252 of 25319 Old 05-09-2011, 02:14 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by onoz View Post
Congrats on promotion to gold.

I haven't played a single game since I got silver. I'm too scared of getting demoted...
Thanks Well, I was worried about that originally, but, worse case scenario, if you get demoted, you face some bronze players in your case. In mine, its silver, but, I have 9 different MUs, some that I'm great at, others not so much, so, I get MUs from both camps and it kinda balances it out. That also doesn't take into account winning MUs that I'm not great at, because, I was able to read my opponent or macro/micro well enough

All you need to do is macro well and you'll be promoted back up. Get upgrades, keep making units, workers and supply depots then attack when you feel like you can take his army out with minimal losses(maybe once a specific upgrade is done or before he gets colossi(timing window)). Most players can't deal with early harass either. If you micro well (attack depot, move back, attack again, etc.... and keep wrapping in units) then you can eventually break through. Alternatively, you can focus fire their units(no bunker) and take it from there. It all comes down to how well you micro your units/macro in your base and how well your opponent reacts to it

I don't think I've been driven more nuts in any game like in this TvsZ I just played:

Gotta thank Blizzard for the ability to lift off terran buildings One thing that I find interesting is that I'm starting to get more TvsZ games, great for practicing that MU

Playing:
- Starcraft 2 (Profile, Replays(1, 2))

Clubs:
- Canadian OCN Club (link)
- OCN Diablo III Club (Info, link)
post #13253 of 25319 Old 05-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Misogamist

Liked: 982
I have went up and down between bronze/silver

I'm currently in the top 10 league of silver and working toward improving my build.

So far in silver league i'm having luck with:

2 gate + 1 robo get zealots until I can get stalkers then get a immortal and observer than start on colossus

3770k@4.5 http://valid.x86.fr/0lv27p
8350@4.5 http://valid.x86.fr/rgh5nk
4670k@4.4 http://valid.x86.fr/swavhi
8310@4.5 http://valid.x86.fr/3nxlhi
Asus G75vw http://valid.x86.fr/tdt7t7
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4inkill3r go_quote.gif

Also, we're discussing intel because it seems like there's no way to enforce pure-AMD build threads in this forum. It should be renamed the 'you really want intel instead' forum.

1 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13254 of 25319 Old 05-09-2011, 04:17 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravinR1 View Post
I have went up and down between bronze/silver

I'm currently in the top 10 league of silver and working toward improving my build.

So far in silver league i'm having luck with:

2 gate + 1 robo get zealots until I can get stalkers then get a immortal and observer than start on colossus
thats a good build. 2 gate robo is a little risky, depending on the match up. I would prefer 3 gate robo, 4 gate, or one base skillossi all in. But as long as you keep your a-move micro up and keep making skillossi, you'll get into gold in no time. Good luck on getting a promotion! If you have a game where you don't know what you did wrong, post up a replay and I'll see if you remembered to make skillossi. Always there to help newer players.

post #13255 of 25319 Old 05-09-2011, 04:52 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 170
If you're talking about pvps, two gate robo is risky unless you scouted their base and saw delayed four gate or 2 gas build. If you're going two gate you're looking to take an expansion quickly, or defend vs 4 gate with 3 gate robo then expand with immortal support, or you're seeing blink stalkers.

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #13256 of 25319 Old 05-09-2011, 05:01 PM
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowtoblerone View Post
If you're talking about pvps, two gate robo is risky unless you scouted their base and saw delayed four gate or 2 gas build. If you're going two gate you're looking to take an expansion quickly, or defend vs 4 gate with 3 gate robo then expand with immortal support, or you're seeing blink stalkers.
100% true. I've tried using 3 gate against 4 gate then add in a robobay for immortals, its not that easy. 2 gate robo is really risky because you'll get overwhelmed pretty fast and no amount of micro can save you!

Playing:

Clubs:
post #13257 of 25319 Old 05-09-2011, 05:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 270
I got half of my gosucoaching lesson with LZgamer recorded. I should have recorded from the beginning but I was worried about lag.

video coming soon.

PSN Profile: Doom-
Battlefield 1 Profile: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/pc/DoomDash/
Excited for: RE7 DLC, Tekken 7 DLC, The Evil Within 2 DLC.
Currently Playing: Misc on CFW 3DS, The Evil Within 2, Tekken 7, Super Mario Odyssey.
Cars: 1987 Toyota Supra Turbo, 2007 Infiniti G35x.
post #13258 of 25319 Old 05-09-2011, 05:13 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 170

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #13259 of 25319 Old 05-09-2011, 06:14 PM
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDash View Post
I got half of my gosucoaching lesson with LZgamer recorded. I should have recorded from the beginning but I was worried about lag.

video coming soon.
Nice, sadly I only saw the part when he was attacking with tanks+ so I missed the whole first part. It was interesting to see him utilize BCs though and I kinda agree about the drop part(thor). Other than that, I found that the quality was choppy, maybe has to do with my net but it was fine then, so, I dunno

Playing:

Clubs:
post #13260 of 25319 Old 05-09-2011, 08:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 270
Here is the VODs of EGLZGamer training me. Only got half as I said.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=CFD72503751666B2

PSN Profile: Doom-
Battlefield 1 Profile: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/pc/DoomDash/
Excited for: RE7 DLC, Tekken 7 DLC, The Evil Within 2 DLC.
Currently Playing: Misc on CFW 3DS, The Evil Within 2, Tekken 7, Super Mario Odyssey.
Cars: 1987 Toyota Supra Turbo, 2007 Infiniti G35x.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page